Tony Blair
Years ago

Season in review

IMO this season has been one of the most closely contested ones in recent history.

In the women, Centrals and Woodville have both been competitive and have a times pushed higher placed teams to pull out most of the stops to get the win.

South you would have to say were the biggest disappointments of the season, but the Norwood, Eastern and West were capable of an upset win against a more fancied side. Southern, Forestville, North & Sturt the heavy weights of the comp but none have really established their dominance over any of the other top 4.

The men relies on this weeks games to decide the finals format. Will Woodville falter and fail to make the finals after last years glory? Sunday night we will know. North the big improvers. Southern and South dangerous at times. Centrals beset by injury were a surpise at times, simply because nobody knew which team would take the floor. If they had stayed fit, they could have been finalists. Will Eastern and Sturt fall away now Holmes, Forman, Smylie are no longer playing?

Will Forestville fall to the pressure of finals and come up short in the minor round? Will Norwood reputed to have thrown money at their senior teams manage to make the finals?

Will this weekend see Panther play his last ABL game...if so thanks for the memories a great career...if not see you next season.

Topic #8062 | Report this topic

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

I can confirm that this week will indeed be Panthers last game along with Scott Thur and im sure he will go out with a bang! (or six fouls)

Reply #90043 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

panther, is this true??

Reply #90051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is going to be Paul Bells last game as well I believe - or has this already been mentioned

Reply #90052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are there any other players that have announced there last games this weekend? Heard of a couple of womens players quitting but not sure of definates

Reply #90059 | Report this post

trapped miners!  
Years ago

what about Kosmider and Scanlon - are they playing next year, heard they are away in 07

Reply #90064 | Report this post

Years ago

heard from a v. good source that eastern women are loosing a lot of players this season that are retiring, almost all of there 4/5 player will not be there in 07.

Reply #90073 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

hopefully panther doesn't retire from the forum though... it will be an emotional encounter at the jungle sat night between the panthers and sabres. oh yeah and physical too...

Reply #90083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is the Sturt v. South game this Sat night being played?

Reply #90125 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

the jungle, can you not read??

Reply #90126 | Report this post

Rightbackatchya  
Years ago

Sturt and South will be at St Peters - as pasadena is still being fixed.

Reply #90127 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

physical...mmmm...interesting mr brent, i will be very keen to hear how the game unfolds?? go get 'em i reckon!!

Reply #90133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marion actually

Reply #90135 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

South vs Sturt is at Marion on Saturday night.

Reply #90137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes D Brent I can read, however to somebody who doesnt know where 'The Jungle' is I thought the question clarifying where the literal location for the game is was an understandable one. Also seeing as it turns out you were incorrect and the game isnt being played in any particular jungle I will hand you a glass full of your misinformed information garnished nicely with your own sarcasm and ask you to swallow it. Next time perhaps think twice about writing so righteously, especially when what you say lacks facts.

Reply #90149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let's play 'guess what team D Brent's from'!

Reply #90150 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

"misinformed information garnished nicely with your own sarcasm and ask you to swallow it."

Damn, sounds harsh....if he doesn't swallow it, can he spit?

Reply #90152 | Report this post

yaga  
Years ago

Talkin to some of the mavs boys, they are having a few leave at seasons end....

Reply #90167 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

i dont see how i was wrong...the game is at marion, aka the jungle. you are the one who obviously has no what idea you are talking about so maybe you should be the one doing the swallowing anon. also did you read the post right above yours which stated that the game was at marion?? either learn how to read and comprehend or dont post!! for future refence i will give you a list of the stadiums alternate names so you dont make yourself look like such a twat next time.

marion - the jungle
morphett vale - the cage
hillcrest - the launchpad
wayville - the nest
pasadena - the public liability centre
mars - the volcano
pt adelaide - the slums
starplex - centrelink arena
the dome - the battlefield
mt barker - the saloon

Reply #90196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What about, for Pasadena, The Museum?

Reply #90197 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Marion: The Pits

Reply #90206 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

museum...haha, very true!! pasadena would have to have close to the worst atmosphere, that is after the dome.

Reply #90208 | Report this post

JS  
Years ago

WHAT TIME IS THE STURT V SOUTH MENS GAME.

Reply #90224 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EIGHT FIFTEEN PM I THINK.

Reply #90225 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

I have always known Mars as "The Dungeon". It is so dark in there i can't understand how the players put up with it.

Reply #90227 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Marion was mentioned to me as the Brothel, cos you always get screwed there. Don't know why?

Reply #90252 | Report this post

Fennis Dembo  
Years ago

Mr Dix would have no luck at that brothel. Lotta charity and 'protection', but not much lovin'. Can't play dirty.

Reply #90264 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

yeah i hear ya issac, just thought in lue of the recent court issues i would throw out a new name..
marion - the pits yeah nice one sturty6ers you idiot go back to your own stadium....oh that's right you cant because it's rooted oh well go somewhere so we dont have to listen to ya.

Reply #90341 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't imagine this will diffuse the situation, but Sturty6ers' "home" stadium is actually very nice - certainly better than Marion! You can't go by his alias.

Reply #90343 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

*nothing is better than marion

*subject to biast opinion.

Reply #90480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754