Carla Boyd from Lightning

ABA Finals Review

Plus your calls on 8371 1000.

Coast FM (88.7), 6.30-8pm!

Topic #8120 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Good line up!

Well done lads. It's only a matter of time before SAFM or another big station picks you up and rewards you for the effort you guys put in.

Reply #90622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it would be more likely 5AA than anyone

Reply #90624 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Would be interesting to see what he thought of the Boomers 'camp' on the Gold Coast over the weekend and how the intensity (or lack of) compares to the Bucks. I popped in for a bit of a look and it seemed that a few players were just there to have a bit of fun and a nice weekend shootaround! While the majority were putting in 100% from what I saw there were a few there just to have a holiday!

Reply #90628 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Any names for us Statman?
Would be good to hear someone from outside giving an opinion instead of Boy Goorj saying how good these camps are.

Reply #90630 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

DB5 - I was only there on one day of the camp - for approx an hour when they were running 3 separate 'teams' of 5 rotating in and out as they were practising their various offences.
Sam Mac was the main offender in looking casual but in my opinion it all seemed very cruisy - there seemed to be a bit of the attitude "oh well its only practise"
In saying that Aaron Bruce was working his ring off as were Barlow, Smith, CJ and Worthington. A few of the others just seemed too casual when they messed up plays or threw intercepts etc etc. Even Goorj had a bit of a spit at one point and told Hinder and his group of 5 to switch on.

I may have caught them in a very relaxed time but I was expecting more intensity.

One of the funny things was seeing Goorj in a pair of leggings underneath his oversized shorts - He has the skinniest legs I have ever seen!

Reply #90637 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Damn! didn't need to picture that of Boy Goorj!
Could this be a reason that we were so poor against the sheep lovers?
No intensity at practice is an easy carry over to games...
Opinions anyone?

Reply #90646 | Report this post

Rabbit Stuffer  
Years ago

Unusual for a Goorjian coached team.

Reply #90651 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting to note that it was mostly Kings working hard at the training Statman saw.

Reply #90654 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Issac, is that a joke? ha ha
The whole roster is mostly queens..oops kings.
On a serious note, it may be a one off that Statman saw, but are we in good stead for the World Champs if we practice, and have played with no intensity?
Will be interesting listening tonight if the subject is bought up.

Reply #90658 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

What I heard was that Goorj's camps before the NZ series were perhaps too hard and too intensive. I might be wrong though but I'm sure that was one of the criticisms..

Reply #90659 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, his camps are known for being very tough and not conducive to preparation for guys like Brett Maher, etc. They become very well drilled on specific plays that are then combined into more complex instructions.

Reply #90665 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Understood. However would we not be better suited with a shorter camp that focuses on on court intensity for an international tournament?
Maybe let the 'vets" have a few days off in order to keep them fresh and focused, and drill the younger guys who have not played/trained with the international squad....

Reply #90672 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

DAMMIT
Im stuck at work again on a Tuesday night!!

(Quietly prays that Jonno comes to his rescue yet again with a write up)

Reply #90698 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Bogut hasn't been on yet (7.43pm already). They're having trouble contacting him.

Reply #90701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut just been on!

Reply #90708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754