Nutwork
Years ago

Notice to Sixers Admin

Here is a thought for you: I read in the paper today that the Aussie One Day Cricket team is playing in a tournament in Malaysia & Singapore over the same week the 36ers play their first game. Get 20 sixers jerseys together, post them along with 20 tickets to the game to Cricket Australia and invite the team to the game. Also let all of the major news agencies know they are going to be there. I guarantee you that it will increase the exposure of that game and as a result will be a coup for the 36ers.

Topic #8243 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

lol..."We are going to have to interupt this news bulletin for some breaking news. The Australian ODI Cricket team were in attendance at the 36ers basketball game against the Slingers and they were wearing 36er jerseys"...pffft

Reply #92099 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

MW - why is it such a bad idea?

Having the jerseys is probably a bit of overkill but having the Aussie cricet team at the game would be a huge boost to the exposure of this game and the Sixers and Slingers

Reply #92100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, you gotta look at it this way... what would they have to loose?

Reply #92101 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I remember a year or 2 ago all the cricket lads attending a Wimbeldon match to support Aussie players. This received a bit of press as they were in their baggy greens as well. Why not the basketball?

Reply #92102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great marketing idea nutwork! perhaps e-mail darren grigg (i think that's the guy), head of marketing at sixers.

MW - moron's like you are why this sport is struggling!

Reply #92103 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Great idea Nutwork.

Is Dizzy in the squad? He loves the sixers, and was at a game last year saying so from memory.

Reply #92105 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yeah, he was at a game. As were a few other Redbacks includding Blewett and Dan Cullen.

Dizzy was even given a sixers uniform with his name on the back.

Reply #92108 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Anon(#92103) if you think "morons" like me are the reason Basketball is struggling you are seriously misguided my friend...stupid ideas like this one is what the problem is.

Reply #92127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MW - no. It IS moron's like you.

You are not my friend.

Quick to knock a new idea, without a second thought as to it's viability. Has a similar idea worked in other parts of the world? In different sports? Is anyone else doing this yet, or will us passing up this opportunity allow another club to forge a partnership with a successful national team.

Your tall-poppy syndrome and negativity in search of a quick put-down or cheap laugh is of no benefit to anyone. Grow up.

Oh, and it might not be breaking news, but it would get a spot on Sports Tonight at the very least, which can't do anything but help our club.

Reply #92133 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I have no intention of being your friend, it is a figure of speech...are you simple??? Besides, I don't listen to anonymous people dude, put a name to your posts you imbicile.

Reply #92138 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

MW did you used to do the marketing for the club by any chance?

Reply #92143 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

LOL @ Kent Brockman

Reply #92144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Given that there was an MW at the club a couple of years ago and that the forum's MW has been mistaken for them before, I'll assume that there could be a touch of seriousness in Brockman's question - no, different guy.

Reply #92145 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac, was joining a couple of dots there.

Reply #92147 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Nutwork, keep the good ideas coming, it all helps. Have you checked the schedules to see if the cricket team will be free at that time? I would imagine that the cricket team would appreciate watching another sport played by fellow Australians when away from home. Its a bit like when I go interstate and look for South Australian registration plates to feel at home.

Reply #92170 | Report this post

Elbows  
Years ago

Anything that gets good exposure for basketball has my vote. Keep up the good work Nutwork; mw, go away.

Reply #92172 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

ok

Reply #92180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754