Xavier Rudd
Years ago

36ers Charge Life members for their free tickets!

BASA have recently added an "administrative charge" of $15 per ticket for life members and others receiving complimentary tickets (including those people who are actually doing some work at the game).

What a way to treat people who built this (until recently!) fine club and those that continue to support it. It just goes to show how out of touch with reality the current BASA administration is!

Comments please!

Topic #827 | Report this topic

incognito  
Years ago

$15 for $300 + tickets. I would say its not too bad really. There is probably a labour cost associated with organising tickets so why should that cost not be passed on. Sooner or later someone has to cover it and if it means those with free tickets put their little bit in, then great.

Reply #8805 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

the majority of people who buy season tickets , do so to support the 36ers. No one saves money by buying season tickets, because very few people get to go to every game. These same people probably have kids who play and probably do volunteer work at their district club . BASA is constantly putting up the price of court hire to clubs, the cost of a playing ticket, the cost of a spectaters ticket, the cost of the car park at DHD, and the cost of their seson tickets. They are hitting the same people over and over and that is why their numbers are dropping. $15 administarton fee per ticket, really. Maybe, and only maybe per family, but never per ticket

Reply #8806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An absolute farcical disgrace!

Reply #8813 | Report this post

Typical of our current managment. I guess when you over price the tickets it is hard to then go and undercut your season ticket holders by offering cheap ticktes to others. So now that you haven't got half of your stadium filled then you have to take money from whoever you can just to make a profit. Hopefully this will show them next year that they are overpriced and have done a horrible job of connecting with their fane base.

Reply #8816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #8837 | Report this post

ahem!  
Years ago

i guess one thing is that this management is at least trying to rectify past problems. it didn't create the 'fiscal' problems it now faces

i agree the ones who do the work or the ones who are already paying are being slugged again but realistically we are better to have a leader who is tough and keeps basketball in this state afloat wouldn't we be the bigger laughing stock if we lost our two national league teams because we had no money

now i ask you what you would prefer...and we all know that even private ownership doesn't mean that teams will stay in the league

i'd rather pay grudgingly my $15 and have a product to pay for than no national league team at all and only watch it on foxsport.

Reply #8839 | Report this post

ahem!  
Years ago

btw

are you all aware that basketball was one of the only sport by memory there were two basketball an archery that did not pay or supply their technical officials at the olympics.

all other sports the umpire/linesman/ball boys/officials/speedboat drivers got paid $75.00 per day plus had their accomodation and airfares paid.

basketball technical officials, scoretable and statistians had to pay their airfare accomodation at both olympics and paralympics

so it is not just this admin the sport itself is not fiscal sound
don't know why it is a great game

Reply #8840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it depends on how the people involved feel - if the life memebers were told "tickets forever at no cost" - then they should receive.

people only get peeved when a perceived injustice is done.

throw as much money around as people like - it the game is put out of the target groups reach - expect the wheels to fall off.

If i was a life memeber i would expect the organizers to keep their word of "frre ticket" - but then I would happily make a donation of $30 (double) to support the cause.

Reply #8847 | Report this post

Years ago

ahem, who is rectifying past problems and how? everything i hear is pointing towards the worst crowds in over a decade. that huge advantage adelaide has had with its enthusiastic crowd may well disappear. if something's been done or strategies are being tried, why is the public not aware of them? why isnt every single bit of positive news being sent out into all the papers and radio or even on the internet?? why isn't the club saying in touch with its fans? i'm not seeing advertising, i'm not hearing the positivity enjoyed by fans of clubs like townsville and perth, and i'd hate to know how many tickets have been sold for wednesday night!!!

any predictions for the crowd this week? my guess is less than 4000!

Reply #8867 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I actually used the theory of the 25% drop off in crowds last year, used some estimating on the ticket sales and am guessing the "Try Five" option only would have sold 150 tickets at best and could only come up with 4000 seats as a best case occurrence. My guess is the crowd would be around 3400 or so. Who's going to buy walk-up tickets at $30 each?

Reply #8896 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What I think could help would be to publicise that this should actually be a good game. The match-up is tomorrow and as I write this there's still no report on the Sixers site about the result from Saturday night or anything hyping up the event.

I don't expect any small-time fans to have been brought in for this game because of a lack of advertising. But those with a bit more interest might be excited at the prospect of a rematch after Saturday night's very close result? Also, Townsville are expected to be one of the strongest teams this year -- to everyone who's waiting for Adelaide vs Sydney, forget that and come to this game: the Crocs have two new imports, ex-Sixers Rillie and Rose and SA rookie Newley, etc.

If you're going to spend $30 on a game, this should be a good one to see.

Reply #8898 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #8900 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

What petty minded rubbish to charge life members any money at all for their tickets. There is a way to save money if you need to penny pinch. Sell out the BASA box instead of having hanger ons with their kids acting like they are professional team owners and thinking they are important getting free booze. Maybe they could rotate the BASA box to clubs so the clubs could promote their own clubs to would be sponsors to bring in some revenue to the local clubs.
As far as crowds go I wrote six months ago the sixers will be lucky to average 4000. If the team stopped jacking up half their shots from the 3 point line and actually played the game with a better balanced attack maybe they would be worth going to see again!

Reply #8913 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Jay,

You find the current team boring to watch? I know they like to jack it but in the NZ game I saw a lot of good ball movement, the extra pass, (Ok, so it wasn't coming from Farley ) and don't mind seeing the 3 jacked up in that situation. The higher the score the better entertainment value for mine.

Meanwhile nowdays when I go to sit down to watch an NBA game I fall to sleap with all the isolations, bricked jumpshots, endless time-outs, 24 second half court sets.

Name one team going around anywhere in the world right now that you would like to see the Sixers model themselves on. Also, do you really believe it's the style of game turning people away, (only in the last two years as well, but it was fine from 98 to 2k2)?

Reply #9055 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754