Cairns
Sydney
Adelaide
South
Breakers

Topic #8487 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Any particular reason you would choose seven? Especially when there is a top 8 for the playoffs?

Anyway, mine in no particualr order would be

Adelaide
Melbourne
Sydney
Cairns
Brisbane
New Zealand
Wollongong
South

Reply #94745 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

whoops, see I did eight by mistake.
knock south off that list.

Reply #94749 | Report this post

show time  
Years ago

ok my BAD, make it a top eight, I thought top six but then added one extra to sneak in O's team.....

Reply #94752 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon the teams missing the playoffs will be Singapore, West Sydney, Perth and god knows who for the other one.

I think the rest are difficult to pick. Melbourne should be top two. I can see Sydney being middle of the pack. Hawks don't have a stunning roster, but will have the familiarity to compete and stick together. NZ is tough to say - 6-8 maybe?

The Adelaide roster has really gone from being decimated to looking pretty reasonable. There are points of criticism to make at Smyth, but Majstrovich and Copeland will be great under him -- Majstrovich will cover Holmes' 13 and 8, Copes will cover Oscar's stats and Horvath will make up for losing Dusty. That, plus we're better prepared to handle injuries than in the past IMO - greater depth with the roster.

Reply #94781 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

For mine the teams to miss the playoffs will be:

West Sydney
Townsville
Singapore

and one of:-
Dragons
Breakers
Wollongong

Every year I write off Perth and live to regret it. You don't make the finals 20 seasons straight by accident, and I expect they will be in there somewhere. But the choice for the fourth team to miss the playoffs is very hard, and could be any of 5 or 6 sides.

Reply #94787 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

In relation to Isaac's comments I agree that our depth is much better this season. I think Wheeler should be a step up from Rees and it's also pretty exciting to think what Ninja might do with some court time this year. I just hope that when Farley gets in a funk, rather than let him attempt to shoot himself out of it Phil gives Ninja and Hill some court time to show they're capable at this level.

Reply #94866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said sawman , and if willie could learn to contribute in other ways when his shot is off then that may also help .

Reply #94877 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

1.Tigers
2.Brisbane
3.Kings
4.Adelaide
5.Taipans
6.Perth
7.Dragons
8.Breakers

9.Woolongong
10.Townsville
11.Slingers
12.West Sydney

Reply #94981 | Report this post

Kingman  
Years ago

1.Brisbane
2.Tigers
3.Kings
4.Taipans
5.Dragons
6.Breakers
7.Perth
8.Townsville

9.Woolongong
10.Adelaide
11.Slingers
12.West Sydney

Reply #95005 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A brave man Kingman, but do you honestly think this years Sixers are 6 ladder positions worse than last year, or is your judgment based on the radical improvement of every other team?

Reply #95030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:00 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754