Giants
Years ago

Goldfields Giants seeking players for 2007

The Goldfields Giants currently have positions available on our roster for the 2007 WA State Basketball League season. The WA State League is sometimes referred to as the unofficial western conference of the ABA and the quality of the league is similar to Big V/SEABL/Central.

The Giants are based in Kalgoorlie in regional WA and have played in two of the previous three SBL Grand Finals. Three players from our 2005 roster (Brad Williamson, Brent Hobba, Ash Cannan) are currently playing in the NBL, and two players from our 2006 roster made the SBL Allstar-5 this year along with our head coach.

Assistance with employment, accommodation and relocation can be negotiated to players who feel they can make a valuable contribution to our team.

The Giants are regarded as one of the most dynamic and professionally-run basketball clubs in Australia outside of the NBL, and we will be doing what we can to field a team capable of winning a championship in 2007.

If you are interested in playing in a great regional city, alongside a fantastic group of guys, and in front of the best fans in the SBL, please email us at [email protected] for more information.

Topic #8908 | Report this topic

i hear Jye Watson is looking for a new team !

Reply #100300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^I dont get it? isnt he still at centrals??

Reply #100323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many people come and watch the team play? Is travel by bus or plane?

Reply #100339 | Report this post

Giants  
Years ago

We average 800-1000 per game. Us and our rival regional team, the Geraldton Buccaneers, have by far the biggest supporter base in the competition.

Our road trips (6-8 per season) are in a luxury 48-seat coach. The majority of these trips are the 600km drive to Perth. We also have to travel to Geraldton (1000km) and Bunbury (800km) once per season.

Reply #100347 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Now that's a road trip!

Reply #100354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too far to go and lose a game I tell ya!

Reply #100358 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

"We average 800-1000 per game."

Reply #100366 | Report this post

back in your box  
Years ago

picky s..t , are you not ?

Reply #100442 | Report this post

Super Fly  
Years ago

Can I smoke gunga on the bus Brus?

Reply #100488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754