eldorado
Years ago

junior gradings

a few lop sided results over the first round - hope reality checks in for a few teams and BSA and they find the right competitive groups for these teams by winter.

Only one round but seems some should be going into a more competive grade and some less IMO

Topic #9084 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

C'mon golden one ,who should go down?

Reply #102703 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

What is the point yo this thread (and some of your other ones) of course there are going to be blowouts, especially in the first game, it happens. Unless youre goning to tell us the teams that shoud go up/down, is ther any point??

Reply #102716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eldorado,

A position in div 1 is guarenteed and most clubs usualy get a spoy in div 2 if they are a member club.

Plus looking at soe of the games in div 3.

12 Boys 3, Sturt are not able to put a team up as they have 2 div 2 team already. And Western Magic aren't a member club so have little chance in moving up.

16 Boys 3 could have a Southern or South team move up but both the Norwood and Sturt double div 2 teams performed well so they aren't going to swap.

18 Boys 3 could have Torrens Valley move up, but sinec they are a non member club again it is unlikely

In 14 girls 3 looks like it would be Magic again to move up but wont happen.

In 16 Girls either Southern or Woodville could move up but nobody to come down.

And in 18 Girls it would be magic to move up over Forestville, not going to happen.

All in all not much movement going to happen. Perhpas those players at Magic need to move into a member club to even out the competition.

Reply #102734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VC Fan, Exactly correct, first game of silly season where some teams/kids have not even played before. Didn't get to see my son play his first game as a first year in U10/2's. Apparently they got a bit of a touch up. When I spoke to him he asked whether or not the other team were Div 1's. I said no, imagine how good they are. His response, from a kid just turned 7 was: "I guess I'll have to practice even harder to get better".

Is simply moving teams around so early on making it easy on them rather than knuckling down and trying to make real improvements in the "silly season"?

Reply #102759 | Report this post

concerned  
Years ago

What do the Magic need to do to become members?or are the satisfied to go out and dominate the lower grades to win the prize in the end.I think that there needs to be more parity in the grades too but until they become members there is not a lot we can do

Reply #102841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

concerned,

Magic are unable to become a member club. They will only ever be an affiliate, with Div 3 and below teams. And some div 2 teams if there is a vacancy. If members of these clubs want to play div 2 or above they need to move clubs.

Reply #102849 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I think this is vey unfair, I am not sure of how it all works with member/non-member clubs but where is the incentive for say a magic U14s coach to spend his time developing his players so that when they get good enough they can go and play for an opposing club. OR players that all work well together and dominate div 3 then have to play in the same division next year with no real challenge.

Reply #102861 | Report this post

moveon  
Years ago

torrens valley has been in the same boat for years get use to it or move to a member club if your good enogh to play div 1

Reply #102864 | Report this post

concerned  
Years ago

Maybe this is why teams are moving from a Div where these teams are to a lower div so as to get a few more wins at the expense of teams that should be in that grade say div 4 teams playing div 5 and div 3 teams playing div 4

Reply #103487 | Report this post

McCornflake  
Years ago

torrens valley and western magic need to go away. They are not needed, if the players want to play district, go join a member club, there's plenty of them...

Having those teams play in div 4 and beat everyone by 30 points is not helping anyone.

Reply #103507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754