Uncle Rico
Years ago

Can a player coach be successful

Up until this week i thought the concept of a player coach in professional sports was dead. Can Heal (or any other ball player in the country) successfully handle both roles.

In my opinion very doubtful.

I remember having a conversion with Dean Kinsmen a long time ago about this. He said when he had this role with Sturt in the 80s he was physically as fit as he had ever been but still found the dual roles demading. Felt he couldnt do justice to both. Am sure he didn't have the support network(Ninnis/Molloy). I think the Dragons have made a very unwise decision.

Topic #9103 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

he can be successful if he sells breast enhancers on the side ...

Reply #102939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really think there are more disadvantages than advantages when player-coaching

Reply #102971 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

It could probably work with moderate success but it can't be ideal.

In all liklihood the Dragons record will improve (big call there I know ;) ) and the experiment will be labelled a success by some.

I don't think it does much for the image of the league though. The idea of a player-coach seems amateurish, to me anyway.

Reply #102973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Dragon's record will improve because they are 0% winning percentage atm.

Statistically, even one win for the rest of the season will be an improvement on the current situation

Reply #103041 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754