And you wonder why people don't go to the games

I'd like to congratulate the marketing team on its recent advertisement promoting the Adelaide Lightning's Game on page 98 of the Advertiser on Friday 27 October edition.
The Advertisement is colourful bright and encourages you to go to the game....The problem is 'WHEN IS THE GAME BEING PLAYED'

Is it tonight, tomorrow when...congratulations on NOT getting it right again. For people who just want to see a good game and are not up to the timetable you have thereby restricted your audience. Who makes mistakes like this.....GET IT RIGHT once and for all and stop the slippery slide towards basketball. The women deserve just as much publicity as the men we can also say they are more successful as well, at least they can win a game...GO GIRLS whenever you are playing???

Topic #9144 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair point, although anybody interested in going would probably have read the adjacent write-up, which says the game is TOMORROW.

Reply #103435 | Report this post

Paul Smith  
Years ago

You obviously are a male as there was an article on the same page which says the game is tonight. Perhaps it is not basketball that got it wrong, but the Lightning front office. I know they are trying their best, but like you they are human and make mistakes. Perhaps it was The Advertiser that stuffed up the add. This weeks game was to be a Marquee game with live TV coverage, but the ABC have pulled the pin because of Mr Beasleys Industrial relation type situation. The ABC employees are on national rolling strikes.

Reply #103436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

edit 103435 TONIGHT!

Reply #103438 | Report this post

Paul Smith  
Years ago

Obviously anonymous is also a male, because the game is TONIGHT at the Distinctive Homes Dome.

Reply #103439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for your input Mrs Smith.

Reply #103441 | Report this post

You see a simple mistake causes confusion amongst everyone....a little quality control prior to releasing the advertisement needs to be done....if we are all confused what are the public thinking...Yes I am a man but I love to follow the girls games as they are the quiet achiever...Let's get it right once and for all....

Reply #103446 | Report this post

Paul Smith  
Years ago

Basketball Follower I too am a man, despite anonymous (#103441) suggestion. I also enjoy women's basketball. It is unfair to lay the blame when we don't who is responsible. What does peeve me is all the negative comment on this forum about our great game by all of us faceless and not real name participants. Hope to see you at the game tonight!!!

Reply #103449 | Report this post

tedeebare  
Years ago

Paul,

Not that I want to turn this into a political debate, but I think you will find ABC staff are fighting against wages and conditions caused by the John Howard and Liberal Party IR Laws.....Kim Beasley isn't in power just yet

Reply #103472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes come to my shop and buy,buy buy.i just wont tell where it is and when its open.

Reply #103488 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

What about the 36ers TV commercial with no fucking sound! NERRRRRRRRRR

Reply #103555 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754