Johnny Sack
Years ago

NCAA Mens Basketball - Aussies...

Season has just started - some Aussies who might get some attention (quite rightly) this year...

Luke Nevill - Going to make Luke getting a C gig for the Boomers much more difficult... Should start for the Utes this year - and if things go his way might be an outside chance for the Draft with his size and potential (IMHO)...

Matt Knight (Loyola-Marymount) - Undersized PF but does a little of everything - another future Boomer (marginal NBA - but could be a decent reserve... besides who knows...)

Aaron Bruce - This is make or break for Aaron (vis a vis his NBA chances) i think... Last year he had a bit of a drop off in his production (after a stellar Freshman Seas.) - has talent but needs to harness it in a meaningful way...

Any other guys who we reckon can make waves this season - Jawai (is he over there now???), Mills (???), Ogilvy (???)...

Topic #9351 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Whoops - "Going to make Luke (Schenscher's) getting a C gig for the Boomers much more difficult..."

Reply #105937 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Just watch Bruce light it up this year. He recently had 27 in a warmup game, and just put up 11/6/6 on 5 of 9 shooting in Baylor's season opener.

The game was a blow out, so I don't think he really scored as much as he could of.

Last year, in his defense, he played with a few injuries for most of the season, then towards the end of the season put up some big numbers, so you can't really blame him for his drop-off.

But another to watch will be Aleks Maric, when he recovers from his shoulder injury. He's probably Nebraska's best player, so he should put some good numbers.

To answer your question though, Jawaii is playing Ju-Co ball somewhere in Texas I believe, Mills won't play college until next year (he's going to same school that Dan Kickert attended), and I'm not sure what Ogilvy is doing.

Reply #105949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who ben madgen playing for?

Reply #105959 | Report this post

Pete Newell  
Years ago

Ben is at Ausgusta State.

pretty hard to keep track of them all, there is usually about 100 Aussies in the US College Basketball system at any one time.

Reply #105960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OGILVY IS GOING TO VANDERBILT

CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE FOR AUSSIE PLAYERS IN THE US

http://www.aussiehoopsamerica.com/

Reply #106210 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754