Anonymous
Years ago

Smallest crowd ever for Sixers at DHD

Was last night the smallest crowd in the history of the Sixers at DHD? Hopefully its only up from here!!

Topic #9410 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Looked similar to the opening game I thought. Early game on Fox against crappy opposition (though it turned out to be an entertaining finish) and with the team recently showing indifferent form.

The Pigs are probably the team most would want to see play. With Perth, we have a rivalry, Crocs have Newley (and now the Abney incident), Cairns have Cattalini and Mee, Brisbane have Rychart and Bradtke, Kings have Goorjian and we love beating them, Breakers have Forman, Dragons have Holmes, Ingles, Heal and Ninnis, with the Hawks comes memories of that Mee foul, the Tigers bring Stiff and quality basketball, etc.

I'm not sure what people would look at it in the Pigs line-up and think "Ooh, I'll get a ticket for that one!"

Reply #106893 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

and being a mid-week game.

Reply #106897 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Official crowd was just over 3400 I think. Week 1 was 3898 from memory.

Definitely the smallest I've seen at the Powerhouse/Dome.

Reply #106900 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Wednesday Games = small crowds
Wednesday Games on Fox = even smaller crowds (How lucky for me I get to pay for the game twice as basketball is the only reason I have fox), people with kids, other sporting commitments etc.

When almost 25% of games are on a Wednesday for our club with indifferent form, and playing with very little passion you couldn't really expect a big crowd?

Reply #106910 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Wednesday Games = small crowds
Wednesday Games on Fox = even smaller crowds (How lucky for me I get to pay for the game twice as basketball is the only reason I have fox), people with kids, other sporting commitments etc.

When almost 25% of games are on a Wednesday for our club with indifferent form, and playing with very little passion you couldn't really expect a big crowd?

Reply #106911 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

the smallest crowd at the dome. its mainly cause the 6ers have been losing but also because it was a midweek game.

Reply #106914 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

7pm time slot is the killer,

Reply #106985 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754