Rodney Carney
Years ago

Yao Ming gets posterised - blocked by Nate!

Check out number two on mondays top 10 on NBA.com. Its bad enough that 7 ft 6 Yao Ming gets posterised... by anyone but this is kinda getting out of hand.

Go here

Topic #9487 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont work

Reply #107835 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

It was a foul. The guy came down with a bloody eye.

Oh yeah Nate scored 0 in that game and New York lose.

Reply #107840 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I am imagining a school yard fight with Yao hiding behind his enforcer, Double Clutch...

Reply #107848 | Report this post

njh  
Years ago

When you're over 20 feet tall, there are certain things that should never, ever, ever happen to you. These things include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. Require help getting merchandise off the top shelf at Wal-Mart.

2. Be made to stand in the front row of a group picture.

3. Get seated in the back seat of any car.

4. Fail in your attempt to eat a large Asian metropolitan area.

5. Have your dunk stuffed by a man shorter than six feet tall.

:)

Reply #107871 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Stuffed? He was hardly on the way up, I'm not sure if technically that should be a block or a steal. The ball was below the rim. With the double and triple teams Yao sees of course someone will get him on occasions.

So I guess you still need a ladder for the top shelf of Wal-mart NJH? Why do they put Laguna Beach season 2 so high up anyway?

Reply #107874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe that's where they stock the NBL court time?

Reply #107881 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

DC, that was clearly a block. It doesn't matter that the ball was below the ring. Yao had the ball above his eye-level and was about to dunk it when Nate swatted it.

Reply #107907 | Report this post

24/7  
Years ago

that just something that should not have happened. still, nate has hops.

Reply #107943 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

But how can anyone say "That clearly shouldn't happen". Nate has hops? He was below the ring, who hasn't blocked someone below the ring?

It would be impressive if Yao was making a move and put up a soft hook and Nate came flying from the weak side to block it. Or better still if Yao was above the rim going for a dunk and Nate stuffed it.

How many people on here who have played basketball for more than five years can honestly say that they have never had their shot blocked on the way up? So because a guy is 7 foot 5 it shouldn't happen once in a while? He still has to have the ball below the ring at some point.

We have all seen big guys blocked like this before, but because it's Yao it becomes world-wide news.

I guess the Yao hate will continue, he only had 26, 9 and the win.

Reply #107959 | Report this post

Does anyone remember a few years ago when Bradley thought he was alone in the half court, went to do a weak lay up off the glass (who's 7'6" and lays it up on a fast break???) and a resident NBA short-ass (Earl Boykins perhaps?)came from behind out of nowhere and pinned it to the backboard with 2 hands?

That was one of the funniest thing's I've ever seen.

Reply #107966 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I think you mean when Earl Watson pinned Bradley from behind with his left hand

Reply #108031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x5td21fnd0g

(earl watson pinning shawn bradley)

Reply #108194 | Report this post

Tiiim Ducan!  
Years ago

Double Clutch, does this mean you are a big Shawn Bradley fan then? Cos he was everyone's bitch.. whenever he got blocked or dunked on it was worldwide news cos he was 7'6 - same (or very close) as Yao.

Reply #108239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:30 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754