Years ago

Sixers - Not Dead Yet?

Found this on the NBL site.
http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4268

Can they make the playoffs?

Topic #9537 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Does anyone think we can snatch a win in the Sunshine Swing this week?

I personally think we may get over Townsville in a tight one. Im not so optimistic about Cairns tho.

Reply #108485 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

I agree i do think we can get over Townsville but against Cairns....... If Martin Cattalini plays well i dont think we'll win but u never know

Reply #108487 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

May sound very uncalculated and one eyed of me, but i think the 6ers will win both. Doubt maher would miss the shots he did against the Breakers again this season. If he gets the same open looks they will be in a great position to upset both teams.

Reply #108488 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might lose in Cairns, but a chance to win in Townsville I hope.

Cairns are one Cattalini injury away from a slump.

Reply #108490 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Well I tipped against them in Cairns, so that means they will prob win that one.....

Reply #108491 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

sixers , not dead yet ? but in 10 years half the team might be .

Heard a rumbling that Eddie ABC not 9 is looking to build an extension to the dome so that tired and weary players (insert geriatric joke here) can literally roll out of bed down the hallway and into training .

And to make sure the lads behave one KB has been hired as caretaker custodian , no curfews broken in brookstown .

Fairytale Phil is to moonlight as the nigh night storyteller in which he will be given 6-8 weeks to bamboozle the troops with yarns of yesteryear and general delusionary mumbo jumbo , all with a smile of course .

SB will do the actual reading , Phil will be curled up in a rocking chair disputing the truth of these tales.

Dr . Ng will prescribe the fountain of youth to all in need .

Mr.Nash will refuse medicine and continue living in the land of sweet nothing.

Horvath is continously asking for more medicine but seems to be refused right when he is peaking " just give me the rock " can be heard at full pitch well into the evening .

Willie just self prescribes , this explains all the shaking and baking

Mastro keeps trying to land 8 balls into the wheels are falling off but with a jagged arm pitch that makes Jake's J look smooth i see no hope for either of the boys .

Reply #108495 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I remember 3 years ago (may be 4) when the Sixers played 2 consecutive games in 4 days in Melbourne against the Victorian Giants. The first game was when Martin Catallini broke out into a fight with Marcus Wright. He was disqualified from playing the 2nd game and with his absence, the team rallied together to claim the win in his honor. I would like to see a repeat of this in Townsville in honor of the injury inflicted on Hill. If the team goes there with the intention of revenge for what happened to a fellow team mate, they may very well come away with the win. By revenge I mean a win in the game, I do not condone violence of any sort.

Reply #108499 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Careful EC, the NBL moderators might get you for that comment...
Cat was cited and fined for fighting, no one else was..

It's Boti folklore that he was done for "shadow boxing"

Reply #108500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm predicting two big 10+ losses,
but thats just me lets see how it plays out

Reply #108502 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DB5, what did I say that I have to be careful about? There is nothing wrong with being fired up over something that has happened to inspire you to get a win in the game. I quite clearly stated I do not condone violence. How many times do you hear about bad luck stories that change the course of a person's life and inspires them to greatness.

Reply #108504 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, it was a joke about the "fight with Marcus Wright". Boti has been joking ever since that it was strange that Cat got pinged for fighting, but there was no penalty for an opponent. How can you fight no one?

Reply #108508 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Hey, that Shadow didn't know what hit it.

Reply #108519 | Report this post

Taco Boy  
Years ago

If I can i'd like to put the sixers predicament into boxing terms.

They are so far behind going into the final round, they need a knockout for a draw.

Reply #108559 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Cairns will be a tough game but to get even close I believe the 6ers will need everyone firing. Then to back it up the next night against a good team that has had a few days off. Not likely.

EC, you said that the team rallied that game that Catallini was disqualified from. Why would they start that now, they haven't been doing it all season......

Reply #108562 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754