Sween
Years ago

Tagging Your Post

Introduced under another Phil Smyth Thread but worth discussing as a stand alone issue.

Why dont posters assign a tag to a post?

Wouldn't that permit others to follow a posters stream of contributions particularly in the one thread? This would be informal i.e. no obligation to do so.

If anonimity is an issue, change your tag when you contribute to different threads.

Stealing someone elses tag however is junk, as is tagging in as a name meant to implicate another person. Issac and his merry band of mods should send these posters to da naughty Chair!!

Thoughts?

Topic #9559 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

You have said

"This would be informal i.e. no obligation to do so"

so isnt this exactly what happens at the moment?

Reply #108748 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would rather that people pick something obscure and change every now and then if they want to avoid duplicates. e.g., Grote, then Gouger, then Franklin, etc - there are tonnes of aliases out there.

Reply #108759 | Report this post

SAW  
Years ago

I agree Newton. Keep it simple but get people to try and use an alias so that things can be followed.

Reply #108762 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

You have to have different alias' for those people with split personalities....don't listen to him, he's just a grouch....shut up you...

Reply #108773 | Report this post

Not Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Tee hee! I laugh at your post, Sween. I have concocted a fictional alias which no-one can see through and am now free to post things without the slightest fear of reprisal:

- Lanard Copeland is too YOUNG for the 36ers. Why didn't we go after a veteran, like D-Mac?

- Hear those crickets chirping? That's Boti Nagy trying to think of what to write as perennial whipping boy Sam McKinnon tears the rest of the league - and based on what I saw of him at the World Champs, most of the rest of the world - a new one this season.

- Resolving the Phil Smyth situation is easy: he does a Heal and becomes our playing coach. Then he can talk about how the coach doesn't give him enough time, and also that his players are too old and that he can't play them for too long.

- Why no NBA JAM-style theatrics at the All-Star Game? I know this has been talked about here before, but let's revisit it:

1) if a player makes a 3, then the next 3 he takes is worth 4, and if he makes that, the next one is worth 5, and so on, until he misses. How many points would Williamson have scored the other night for Brisbane if that rule was in place?

2) Two on two, with an over-the-top announcer saying such things as "he's heating up..." and "HE'S ON FIRE!"

3) Somehow getting real-life power-up icons on the court, like your dunk-from-anywhere or all-the-other-players-fall-over type events. Rick Burton, forget expanding into Asia - get busy with incorporating power-ups!

- The promotion/relegation argument is predictable, boring and easily fixable, ie:

If Basketball Australia is really serious about this "One Basketball" philosophy, we only need one competition.

Sure, there'd be a lot of divisions - so for example, the NBL would be Div 1, ABA Div 2, and so on, all the way down to U10 girls who'd be Div 440.

And yeah, sure, there'd be a lot of travel involved. But it's one competition: you win your division, you go up. You come last, you go down. No arguments, no whinging, no lawsuits, no nothing.

Anyone else got any basketball problems? My highly original and completely secret alias will be happy to answer them.

Reply #108784 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBA Jam sound effects are a must for the Dome. "Is it the shoes?"

We need to get that steal sound effect, and maybe the glass breaking for dunks. What about that intro music at the beginning - that'd be great!

Reply #108787 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

And the players shoes HAVE to light up when they run real fast.....

Reply #108791 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

And all have abnormally large heads and fragile stick figure bodies....

Reply #108794 | Report this post

grottfeiler  
Years ago

yeah uwe , they are called the 36ers .

Reply #108809 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

""

Reply #108810 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Cooper doesnt have a "Large" head.....

Reply #108820 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I LOVE NBA JAM!

I play it on my PC all the time.

Yay for MAME!!!!!

Reply #108920 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Same here Dicko, Mame is crazy...
Thrashing out 1942 at the mo...

Reply #108927 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

How do yo get 1942? My fav game from the 80's

Reply #108957 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

1942, 10 yard fight, NBA Jam, etc.

I love Pengo....You know the one with the Penguin pushing the ice blocks around.

I'm getting my kids a Wii for xmas, but I reckon my boy will STILL play his retro games on MAME a lot.

Magpie, do you know about MAME? If not, drop me an email and I'll fill you in (or anyone else for that matter).

Basically it's an emulation program that enables you to play all of the arcade game roms (and there's thousands available).

Reply #108986 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Sorry.....email is [email protected]

Reply #108987 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sorry Magpie, just read your post...

I have a heap of the old retro games on a dvd from Frogger through to Double Dragon or 1942...
Hours of fun...

Reply #109013 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

DB5, how can I get a copy of 1942? Did you buy it? Its killing me!

Reply #109037 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol Magpie...
I can prob get you a copy...
email [email protected]

Reply #109040 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754