Pure Silk
Years ago

All is not lost - 36ers

I just came across this and maybe we could find ourselves back in the Top 8 earlier than expected....

/ JUMP ON THE SIXERS

The craziest thing is...

If New Zealand lose all three games this week, the Dragons win their battle with the Breakers and Adelaide score two from two, the Sixers will be half a game out of the 8. The ladder would look like this...

South 8-11, Adelaide 8-12, New Zealand 7-12.

Topic #9697 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

Next three games:

V Slingers W for NZ

V Dragons 50/50

V Tigers L NZ

Chances are, Breakers will come away with atleast 1 win.

Let's hope for the best.

Reply #110717 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

that just goes to show that we are not that far of the mark, the 8 is very achievable over the next 2-3 weeks.

Reply #110721 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No, that just goes to show how much the top 8 rewards mediocrity...

Reply #110724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New Zealand have to play a lot of games on the road yet so we are a genuine chance to make 8. Also the Hawks seem to be questionable at the moment.

Reply #110725 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

spot on DB5!

Reply #110731 | Report this post

Lets just call it getting out of the bottom 4 . You call it the top 8 , i call it a few wins above the Pete Doherty .
C'mon and i know it has been done before but the final 8 system is a farce . In fact it is the worst scheme of rewarding below average performance in any form of so called professional anything .

Reply #110733 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Sorry to be pedantic DB5 but it doesn't reward mediocrity.

You see mediocrity comes from the word Median, which of course according to the Oxford dictionary means "in the middle or exactly half way".

To make the top 8 you don't have to be in the middle, you can be even worse than that.

You only need to finish in the third quartile and you can still qualify for the finals.

Now thats an achievment.

Reply #110734 | Report this post

BTW - i will lay a fifty on the fact that the underpants you are wearing are actually pura satin not pure silk . Oh but to live in the land of eternal sunshine and contentmnent .

Reply #110735 | Report this post

contentment , apologies got a little excvited.

Reply #110738 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

BTW - You are a Tool

Reply #110742 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DB5, if top 8 = mediocrity with a ticket to the finals, then lets accept it and say thank you very much.

Reply #110754 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

final 8 is there for money making nothing more nothing less

Reply #110756 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If it is all about Money Making, why not then have a top 6 but get rid of the stupid 1 game quarter final games and make it best of 3.
It would give at least the same amount of games there currently is during the finals so no money would be lost.
As much as a final 8 will certainly aid the sixers playoff chances this year, I dont think teams should be rewarded for losing more games than they win.

Reply #110765 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Too many finals games = less meaning for each one. Want a crowd, want money, have less finals not 5, have 3, have less teams in the finals.

Next year if it is 13 then top 6 would be good.

Reply #110782 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I hate having to depend on other teams to win and lose to make finals

Reply #110787 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed AK - bit of a desperate scenario. I would still hope that they can win enough from here to do more than make up the numbers.

Reply #110793 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

oh yeah.. your right db5, but still i dont see how a mediocre team can beat the kings on their home floor.

Reply #110799 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

well, it's not the Sixers who played unbelievably well, it's the Kings who played just plain crap.

Watching them against the Razorbacks, Sydney was just lacklusture.

Reply #110828 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

There was never a sledge there against the Sixers, just the whole system..
I personally would like to see my team make the finals with a winning percentage...

Reply #110833 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Nick...anything can happen for a team on their day..Are you saying the Boomers played their best team??

We won, on a good night for us and a bad night for them..
And only just beat them as well..We are mediocre at the moment, hopefully that changes for the rest of the season.

Reply #110834 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Alright, i went a bit over the top, but we still played much better than we have all season. There were good signs. There were 7 players in double figures, im just saying it's an improvemnet.

Reply #110859 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

For sure mate, hopefully we can keep it up now, get a bit of momentum..

Reply #110874 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DB5, the win against the Kings in Sydney was a thrasing when you consider the norm to be that Adelaide would get thrashed by 30-40 points in that situation.

Reply #111003 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

WTF? They took the Kings to overtime when they last met? In no sense can you consider a two point win a "thrashing"!

Reply #111079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so... this is all coming true... we won our games and NZ lost all 3 of theirs...

Reply #111495 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754