bagwan
Years ago

u 16 div 4 / 3 girls suggestion

as a parent - why are they not scheduled on thursday nights with the div 3/4/5 boys.

consistently on saturday mornings they are reffed by 10 -11 - 12 y.o.s

who are learning and doing their best - but they clearly do not have the confidence or technical know how to handle kids older than their own age. regularly the games are nothing more than a hack fest and out of control.

as a parent we say nothing - but commonsense says these games are out of control at times - partially due to play skill as well.

the girls should play weeknights when the older - more mature (am i being generous) refs are around

why are they the only "older' kids subject to the "little' kids conditions ???

Topic #9707 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

??Could it be they have to be in bed by 7:30pm due to age.

Reply #110796 | Report this post

bagwan  
Years ago

div 3/4/5 boys play nights

u14, 16 div 1 / 2 girls play nights

Reply #110798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Coach who has been around on Thursday Nights and in my last years of coaching lower U16 Boys Divs I've had many 12 y.o and younger refs with little confidence referee us. I think that everyone gets their fair share of younger refs in all the lower divs.

Reply #110812 | Report this post

uncle arthur  
Years ago

I can gaurantee you - there are more green tops on saturday morning than a thursday night!

a few younger ones can handle the heat - but you can bet the thursday night crew is more apt at u16 level than sat morning unit

Reply #110818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

uncle arthur,

refs ive had on a thurssday night have been younger than the kids playing or as old, and their are plenty of green shirts

Reply #111024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754