Nick
Years ago

Saturday Nights Crowd vs The Slingers

Saturday Nights Crowd vs The Slingers

After an impressive crowd for a Fox/Wednesday game against the Pigs (4427) I'm very hopeful that we'll have the biggest crowd all season at the Slingers game. The Sixers current good form, 1st chance to see the Slingers, Saturday game and it's not on TV. That's a very good formula for a big crowd.

My prediction is 5,500.

Topic #9731 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Reply #111080 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think 5500 is ambitious. I think it's an important match as far as our season goes, and it appears as though the team is just starting to gain some momentum.

My biggest concern is that I reckon this Saturday night will be a big night for end of year work & social functions, which could take priority over the 6ers game.

I also don't know that the Slingers will be a huge drawcard.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a crowd around the figure DB5 has predicted, which would be a good turnout considering the time of year & opposition we're facing.

Reply #111090 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

well, I said 4100 for the Pigs game and everyone seem to think I was being ambitious.
I tend to agree with nick, I'll go 5430

Reply #111091 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

I'll go 4,530.

It is getting to that time of the year when everyone has a multiple things on, whilst I think it will be an ok crowd I don't think it will crack the 5,000 mark.

Reply #111101 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

5000 , should be a good game looking forward to see if the team can back up from the last two important wins

Reply #111175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ill go 4900

Reply #111178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bingo!

Reply #111189 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Yep, gotta go to one of those crappy christmas functions myself, but my tickets wont go to waste.

Reply #111193 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Are they PAYING customers????

They gave away LOTS of tickets to Wednesday's game.

Reply #111236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were giving away tickets on Mix 1023 this morning too.

Better to have free tickets given away, with the potential for people to contribute by buying food, merchandise etc, and get a bit of atmosphere in the place, than have the stadium half empty.

Reply #111262 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

And some of the poeple that get free tickets will like it and come back.

Reply #111290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:49 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754