Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Funny Iverson going to the Nuggets

Philadelphia will reportedly receive point guard Andre Miller, forward Joe Smith and both of Denver's first-round draft picks for 2007.

Story from FoxSports here

The Denver Nuggets have reached an agreement in principle with the Philadelphia 76ers to acquire Allen Iverson, according to NBA front-office sources. More at ESPN

Topic #9795 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Bit of a steal for the Nuggets, but I guess it's what the 76ers want in draft picks and an expiring contracts.

The two picks in 2007 will be average as one of the picks is the Mavericks pick (from the Dampier/Skita trade). Their own pick currently is hovering around the early 20's.

Reply #111861 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Word is it should be approved by the league later today. Denver will also possibly receive a min-salary player or two in the trade.

Good move by Denver I think.

Reply #111879 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Massive for Denver.

Joe Smith has been hardly used since they traded for him, and they have been trying to get rid of Miller or Boykins for ages.

So they really traded him for an okay point guard and some picks!!

I love Bill Simmon's article on the trade (before it happened):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061213

"He will practically KILL HIMSELF trying to haunt the Sixers over the next three season. Mark my words"

I agree, he will still be a force for a good three years to come...

Reply #111898 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Is Billy King taking advice from Isiah?

Reply #111902 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Nope, there wasn't a player on $20 mil a year with no heart involved in the deal. :-)

Reply #111904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how good does denver look now?
Carmelo
A.I
Camby
K-Mart (if he's playing)
JR Smith

YESSSSS!!!!!

Reply #111912 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Add a fit Nene to that - instant contenders. I would try to off load K-Mart if possible - a head case.

Reply #111918 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

c Camby
pf martin
sf melo
sg jr smith
pg iverson

bench
pg boykins
pf/c Nene

man i feel sorry for every team they kain now!

Reply #111921 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Steal of a deal for Philly as well they get a servicable PG, 7m of salary cap relief from next year, and 2 first-rounders (for a total of 3 - Philly will have a great chance for the no 1 pick and if the AI experiment goes belly up the Denver pick will be in the Lottery as well) in what is shaping as a very deep draft (remember all those highly touted highschoolers that had to sit out last year due to the NBA draft rule changes will be draft legal - and with a year of College basketball nous under their belts...)

Reply #111931 | Report this post

I don't see it as that good of a trade for Denver. Now you have Carmelo and Iverson battling for shots. Miller was the perfect PG for Denver, and now they gave him away. JR smith, with his questionable demeanor on court, will surely be unhappy with his new role (i.e no shots) and will probably be riding the pine. Philly now get an unselfish veteran PG in Miller and 2 draft picks to set them up, plus a crapload of cap space (esp when they get rid of Webber) a smart move by Philly.

Reply #111933 | Report this post

p.s Martin's out for the season. why are you including him in your lineups.

Reply #111934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. Martin is the new Allan Houston.

Reply #111943 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

JR Smith should ask for a trade now. he will be slowly played out of the line up. i hope this brings a hope of a ship to marcus camby. a gun centre racking up massive stats for years but doesnt get the recognition he deserves. your right kenyon martin is the next allan houston i doubt he will play a game ever again.

Reply #111968 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

andre miller was a perfect fit for denver. i cant see why that had a need for iverson. very intersting to see if melos production will drop or not. ps i hope i never see someone wearing a kenyon martin jersey!!1

Reply #111969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I give it 5 games before someone complains about lack of shots, minutes, weed, etc

Reply #111983 | Report this post

don't you have a martin jersey cheezeburger. i saw it in the closet next to your erick dampier jersey

Reply #112083 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

ELG, your mistaken, it was next to his Zaza Hawks jersey...

Reply #112097 | Report this post

Years ago

Allen Iverson will play PG, JR Smith at SG. Therefore, Smith will still be on the court. He probably won't be shooting much though. A good chance for him to finally bump up his rebound and assist numbers!

Seriously though, if Denver manages to keep everyone happy, any and all scoring records will be under threat. The next couple of years of Denver vs. Phoenix matchups should be fun to watch.

Reply #112121 | Report this post

what im saying is, if a shooter doesnt get to shoot, he's not happy. And with the attitude problems JR is known to have, you can bet he wont take kindly to having his shots halved. But who knows? it could happen.

Reply #112123 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think George Karl is the man to make what could be a potentially explosive combination of personalities work.

Not sure if it will work, but Iverson is that rare kind of player that you take the punt with. He leaves everything on the floor. I think his game might change with another genuine superstar on the court. Until now, he had to take 25-30 shots for the Sixers to shoot a winning score.

Reply #112136 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

the the dampier jersey is from his golden state days where he was a 15 and 15 player

Reply #112243 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

I still think JR will get his shots. Denver averages the most shots as a team in the NBA and with Carmello and AI drawing double teams he will be getting his fair share of open treys.

Without doubt they have the talent to go all the way but it's all about whether or not they gel come playoff time. We'll see

Reply #112248 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Bad move for Denver and a great one for Philly i reckon

3 X 1st rounders
Cleared Cap Space

And free'd up some more shots for Inguodala to show his game

Denver will not do shit with Iverson

Melo is out for 15 games, which will make it Iversons team, then what.........it will be ball hogging from there on

Miller was the Perfect PG in my eyes for them

Reply #112252 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

i think that at iversons age he'll have the maturity to swallow his pride and maybe fit within a team structure. He's not getting any younger and his championship window is closing. hopefully he realises this and plays for the championship (within the team). having said that he'll still take his fair share of shots but hopefully his efficiency can improve and bump up those FG%'s but id leave iverson at sg and get a geniune floor general point.

Reply #112258 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

um is quite clear undersized pf denver traded its floor general for a sg. so denvers starting 5 will be 2 sg's 1 loose cannon 1 terrible player and 1 defensive juganought.mmm.

Reply #112344 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

oh yeah another thing KB earned exactly 3 mill from his nba playing contract. just some random info.

Reply #112354 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

whos hands would you want the ball in in the clutch melo or AI personally I would like to see the ball in the answers hand.

Reply #112612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754