Anonymous
Years ago

Some Minor differnces of opinion!

I think it would be a great idea if all stadiums were made to have a 24 second clock in operation for every Division 1 game. It's a different game with the clock running!
What about the arrows, any chance of them going? Jump balls seem to add to a game and reward endeavour.
Noticed a trend developing that allows an offensive player to camp in the key for as long as he/she likes as long as that player doesn't score. Trouble with this is that they often get the offensive rebounds and take space away from the defenders, I think, illegally! Saw a 203 cm girl at the Nationals live in the key and not get pinged- what do you think, is this just an evolving rule?
This lead to thinking about rules-how they change and how they are interpreted.
It's a non contact sport but it really isnt.
Why isn't more holding,scragging,
a lot of screening and elbowing off, by ball carriers, etc deemed illegal as in most games this contact occurs outside the written rules? I know it's now just part of basketball and basketball rules have evolved but do we need a new rule book of do's and dont's that more closely resemble what happens on court now?

Topic #9846 | Report this topic

bagwan  
Years ago

if the team is shooting it not 3 and the ball has to be in the front court for 3 second count to start.

When 10 players are scragging it is hard to define who should be penalized - the refs should take control.

all stadiums should be running 24 clock for 14 and up div 1 games.

get used to possesion arrow - it's here to stay for a while

Reply #112545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754