Anonymous
Years ago

Hawks sack Brendan Joyce today

Just heard that Brendan has officially been sacked not long ago today. U heard it here first. Look for Boomers Assistant coach Rob Beveridge to step into the roll..That's not confirmed. But wait and see.

Topic #9874 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Press conference at 4pm.

Joyce is gone. Hoops SA gets the exclusive thanks to anonymous.

Reply #112824 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Great news for the Hawks. Bevo is one of the very best.

Reply #112825 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Will make life very interesting for Daniel Joyce!

Reply #112829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Beveridge confirmed as coach? he was the strong tip to get the job at the start of the year.

Reply #112830 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I was going to say that a father should never coach his son at NBL level, then I remembered Gaze, Bruton, Black...

A good move by the Hawks, a long time coming.

Reply #112833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brendan Joyce is off to the sixers!!

Reply #112837 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Then hell would freeze over of course.

Reply #112839 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Mr Joyce.....

Reply #112851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least he has passion unlike Smyth!

Reply #112853 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

The only passion Brendan Joyce has is for his own ego.

Reply #112862 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

And his own son ;-)

Reply #112875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beveridge has not yet been confirmed however a source has told me that the hawks already have a coach in mind who has been "untested as a head coach at the NBL level" but then they confirmed that he had great coaching credentials. I then spoke to another person and he too had heard of Bevo's name as a leading candidate. I will inform you as soon as i find out what happens

Reply #112878 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

hopefully daniel joyce doesnt get 30 mins a game anymore!

Reply #112893 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The same thing happened with the sacking of Alan Black in Perth when his son was on the team. Its an awkward situation having a father/son combination on a team. If the son is good enough and doesn't need the extra privileges that a father coach can give, then he is good enough for another team and thus avoiding the conflict. If he is not good enough for another team, he should not be on his father's team either and certainly not get special privileges if he is not worthy of them.

Reply #112905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Joyce gettin 30 minutes a game is and was a joke.

I'd rate Darren Ng over Daniel Joyce.

Reply #112906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find that Dan Joyce leaves if not with his father but at the end of the year. He has a clause in his contract that he can move if the coach leaves the club. I think a few more of the hawks have this same clause so Wollongong may be completely reshaped next year

Reply #112921 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Beveridge would be well aware of Daniel's ability or otherwise, through NSWIS. Bevo also coached Daniel at U20 Nationals. Given that Dan wasn't even close to being the best player on that team, you'd have to say his time as a Hawk is limited.

Reply #112924 | Report this post

cal's bruton  
Years ago

I believe daniel had something to do with papa's sacking, he looks like a broken child in need of space from an overzealous father, i applaud the hawks on this move and i can now safely say the next time i watch a hawks game on fox that the ugliest thing i will see is going to be their play on the court and not their coaches face on the sideline.

Reply #112941 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

112921, we could do a deal with them. Both teams keep their fave 3 players, and then swap the other 7 along with the coach.

Reply #112980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:45 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754