hoops.com
Years ago

Sixers in the 8

With the Hawks losing again tonight against the Tigers Adelaide has claimed 8th place on the NBL Ladder! It probably wont last long but while they are in it GO SIXERS!!

Topic #9945 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Finally above the red line. For how long? A win tomorrow night is more than ever a necessity.

Reply #113611 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Top 8 with a 39.13 winning percent, damn the NBL rocks! Lets go sixers.

Reply #113614 | Report this post

Surmoses  
Years ago

i think the 6ers have a chance we need to win 5 out of last 10 games you can almost count the dragons in the 8, so im looking for wollongong to drop 7 out of there last 12 and we're in.

Wollongong 8-13

at Sydney
at New Zealand
vs West Sydney
vs Townsville
at Brisbane
vs Sydney
at Perth
vs New Zealand
vs Singapore
at Sydney
vs Perth
at West Sydney

Adelaide 9-14

at Melbourne
vs Cairns
at Perth
at New Zealand
at Sydney
vs Brisbane
at Singapore
vs Melbourne
at South Dragons
vs Cairns

if adelaide can win 3 out 4 at home and 2 on the road we're in.
The Hawks have west sydney twice lets hope they can snap that losing streak.

Reply #113617 | Report this post

kc4mvp  
Years ago

THe chane of the hawks winning 5 is pretty high, giving how their playing, only loosing to the top 2 teams was a big effort.

Should be easy to get 5 wins as it looks like
W/Syd +2W Give up if we loose here
Syd +1W get a least 1 of the 3
NZ +2W Without Wethers
Sing +1W Were lucky last time BJ Coached
Perth ?? seem vulnerable (ask Adel)

Any way good luck tigers for tonight as who else wins matters as much as who looses to the 3 teams locked in battle for the 8th spot

Reply #113624 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Totally agree with 52-Cans. Altough it's great to be in 8 it's absolutley stupid that you can have a winning % of 39 and be in the group that makes the finals (i know we're not there yet). It really should be the top 6.

Reply #113625 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Nick & 52-Cans, they're in the top 8 because there are 4 teams below them. Its simple mathematics really. Please don't make this the 1 hundreth thread to argue the merits of the best of 8 system.

Reply #113627 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I think the discussion about the stupidity of the final 8 is one worth bringing up again. The league need to acknowledge that its a joke, we need to acknowldge its a money making scheme and nothing more.

We need to start an uprising to put an end to this stupidity.

Reply #113635 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

A win against the Tigers helped the cause

Good Stuff Sixers....lol

Helped my Cats jump to second on the Ladder...lol

Reply #113806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754