malaysian coach
Years ago

game time tonight and where

Just wondering where and what time woodville are playing malaysia.

Topic #1148 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

It was at 630, at The Dome.

Woodvilel clearly dominated Malaysia, not to say the visitors were under-classed, just Woodville played very well.

Scott Whitmore was lured out of retirement, and parted with a 30 point, 11 rebound game (11/24 FG), and Cameron Wilson had a great game, with 30 points, 6 boards, 5 assists, 5 steals and 4 turnovers on 8/15 shooting.

Seelan top scored for Malaysia with 23 on 9/24 shooting, with Chin Choon Siong and Chai Kim Hoong grabbing 8 boards each.

Highly recommend getting to one of the games this week at either the Starplex, Tiger Cage, or Friday night go for a leisurely cruise up the freeway to Mt Barker.

Reply #12724 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

it was a good game Yogee you didn't need to grab me during the game though.....was that in the stats!!!

Reply #12734 | Report this post

incog  
Years ago

Yogee what was the score?

Reply #12747 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Woodville 118 Malaysia 93

Sorry about grabbing you Lyn...but well, if I hadn't, we would still be there :)

I worked out we played at least 90 seconds without the clock running.

Reply #12749 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

greg pascoe had a few with 2 dunks. big game by the man

Reply #12751 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

did the full squad from last season suit?

Reply #12752 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Woodville PLayers :
Zane Reeves
Ben Todd
Lyall Gillett
Gary Birmingham (starter)
Mark Fuller (Starter)
Cameron Wilson (starter)
Greg Pascoe
Scott Whitmore (starter)
James Smith
Nathan Baggott

Reply #12757 | Report this post

BJT  
Years ago

It was a good game to play in. Number 9 (Seelan?? Sorry dunno his name, the Indian Malaysian) was clearly their best, but their big guy (no.15??) had some good touch around the basket. They ran some good plays, and set big screens, but didn't shoot as well as we thought they would have from the 3.

We had a great chat to a few of the guys after the game. There's only a couple of them that can speak basic English. Their major sponsor is a petrol company (Petronas??). Petronas is the company that owns the 2 towers in the Sean Connery movie Entrapment (with the brigde between them). We all gave them Woodville berets, and in return we got a team t-shirt.

Good to see the Big Dog getting 30 and 11 last night, and isn't he feeling it today!!!! If you have time, get out and watch and support them, and have a chat to them cos for most of them it is their first time to Australia.

Reply #12766 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Were the Malaysian's THAT bad that Woodville only started 4 players Yogee!? :P

Reply #12767 | Report this post

lyn wieland  
Years ago

by memory Nathan Baggott started and didn't he play well good to see him back in the green and gold

and yogee - we did that with the clock to see if the stats would notice gee and it took you 90secs :) slow slow slow ;) and the game was so good we couldn't have stayed all night!

Reply #12768 | Report this post

lyn wieland  
Years ago

but Yogee got to say grabbing the shot clock operater mid game will result in a reset not getting the game clock started but it certainly made me jump out my chair

Reply #12769 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yes, the game was great, and good to see even BJT got some decent minutes!!!

Is Baggott back to play for the winter season as well?? I never got to see him play before he elft for footy...he looks like he could be a good addition to replace BIG DOG (sorry needs caps after that game last night......WHY has he retired?? :) )

Reply #12791 | Report this post

BJT  
Years ago

I think Nada is only playing summer season to stay fit for footy.

Reply #12793 | Report this post

malaysian coach  
Years ago

whats bjt doing??

Reply #12816 | Report this post

BJT  
Years ago

Trying to fix his good foot (which is now his bad foot), and using lots of power and hand tools to renovate a house.

Reply #12825 | Report this post

malaysian coach  
Years ago

ahhh?

Reply #12845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754