Anonymous
Years ago

The Dome looking like The Library??

What on earth is Boti talking about when he says "The Dome, which lately has been resembling The Library"??

Topic #13391 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

No crowd involvement - too quiet - nothign to cheer about!!!

Reply #156157 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Well let's change all that tonight!!!

Reply #156160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Dome has traditional been one of the best of not THE best atmospheres in the NBL. Things are starting to change, the domes seems much quieter but all that will change when the 36ers give us something to cheer about.

Reply #156164 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Still think there are key times of a game especially on defense where the music man needs to get the crowd going....

Reply #156172 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The music hasn't been as good as past seasons IMO. Agree with anon who says that people will respond when there is more to applaud.

Reply #156174 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

And when good results return so will the fans. Not that the crowds of 4,000 odd are bad but they're not great by Adelaide standards. Singapore or NZ would kill for a crowd of 4,000 and Melbourne's venue can't even hold 4,000 so our standards a fairly high compared to the rest of the league.

Reply #156180 | Report this post

sdf  
Years ago

If I happen to win the lottery tonight I would love to buy the extra empty seats and give them away and at least have one game where the full 8000 is packed to the brim.

Reply #156182 | Report this post

Q  
Years ago

Turn up the music - nba style, who cares if its too noisy for people, its a sports game, its gonna by noisy, if people don't like that don't turn up.

Follow the nba's style of music, it adds to the game and gets the crowd into the game.

Reply #156187 | Report this post

Tony DeWonderful  
Years ago

Well as far as the music goes, rumour has that none other than the legendary "Skip" will be in charge for a part of the game. So expect it to be awesome.

Reply #156196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Q, people occasionally threaten to end their membership if they don't like the music or find it too loud. Sponsors, long-time members, etc. Really needs to be a compromise.

This year, I think they're actually trying tracks lifted directly from an NBA side? Not sure.

Reply #156199 | Report this post

Tony DeWonderful  
Years ago

That would be correct Isaac. Exactly what the Sixers management wanted for this season.

Reply #156201 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

NBA hardly plays any actual music, just the beats/tunes that we have this season. Which, IMO, is a whole lot better.

'if people don't like that don't turn up.'

Yeah, real smart. Satisfy some, piss off many. Thats the real key to a successful organisation...

Reply #156203 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

There really has to be a lot more excitement on the court! That is what people will get excited about. We have been simply boring this season.

Reply #156204 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I just hope they continue to play Thunderstruck! Its an awesome song for the start of a basketball game and it always makes me think of the Sixers. Really pumps me up. The fans really need to get involved tonight.

Reply #156221 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It reminds me of my Holden Ute.

Reply #156244 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Just to defend the music man, I have heard there were complaints regarding how loud it was in the stadium so they have had to turn the music down. Softer music less crowd excitement.

Also the 36ers girls seem to be rather crap this year, they are supposed to be exciting the crowd so why was i listening to slow music last week???

Reply #156264 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

when he plays a c.... song like at the start of the second half, it just makes the crowd so quiet.

Reply #156281 | Report this post

jethro  
Years ago

What was the c...? (presume you mean crap?) song?

Reply #156282 | Report this post

i love my bball  
Years ago

if there are empty seats up close next game im at, im so taking them until someone turns up. stuff sitting near the back, i want courtside. and if those people who have them dont go, they should be allowed to own them!

Reply #156300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The music has been worse this year - it would be good to have some more modern music. I don't like the NBA tracks either.

Reply #156301 | Report this post

William 14  
Years ago

Music was good last night, most was nba style beats to hype up the crowd etc. Its a basketball game not a concert.

Reply #156303 | Report this post

gerald  
Years ago

I quite like the organ beats they have had this season. I quite like hearing some older tunes like the beatles and stones.

Reply #156503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754