billups 1
Years ago

Hodge arrives

Just thought id make a post about Hodge arriving in Adelaide earlier today, he was originally meant to meet the team in Sydney but missed a flight so came directly to Adelaide. First training session for him will be tommorow.
God im excited to see how he goes.

Topic #13989 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

This should work well for him, a week before he has to play will get him over all jet-lag, and training with the team will make him fit in easier for his first game.

Reply #163790 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

A week before he has to play??? He's playing Wednesday against the Dragons, Skud.

Reply #163792 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

great to see him finally here,

Reply #163796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there was quite a lengthy thing about his arrival on abc news. they just talked about the stuff we already news: should be a good player...played in the nba...got shot in denver...missed flight...will play on wednesday. has an interview with him and he basically said he thinks he'll be a good player in the nbl.

Reply #163798 | Report this post

hope his back is ok after the long flight

sorry i couldnt resist the pun

i think he should have a bit of time to ease out any jet lag but i am no expert

Regards
Chris and Robyn King
The Photoball Kings
You capture the moment we create the memento
www.thephotoballkings.com
041 33 999 57

Reply #163800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope people don't expect too much.. give him 4-6 weeks to gel

Reply #163808 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

I hope someone tells him that black leather yankees hats will get hot in the Australian summer

Reply #163809 | Report this post

Isiah Thomas  
Years ago

Saw him at Marion tonight, was sitting at a pay phone chatting away with a Sixers cap on.

Reply #163810 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Pay phone? So much for that Telstra deal....

Reply #163812 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

The deal included free Payphone Phone Cards.

Reply #163813 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks younger than 24. Cool confident relaxed.

Reply #163822 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Cool and confident whilst on the phone? The 'Ship is in the bag!

Reply #163824 | Report this post

Isiah Thomas  
Years ago

Oh if he can handle the rock like he handled that phone last night, the sky is the limit..

Reply #163828 | Report this post

Gravity man  
Years ago

reminds me of Kevin Brooks when he came out,so relaxed,but hope he can turn the season around,hes thin but only time can tell with his performances of what the sixers have left this season,i think he will do well for the team.Cant wait to go to pub Foxtel watch him play against Dragons.

Reply #163836 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Gravity Man, that comparison, especially for KB's first two years with the Sixers, would not worry me a bit.
If noting else, I just like their NBA career comparison's in that KB was drafted by Milwaukee and traded to Denver, whereas Hodge was drafted by Denver and traded to Milwaukee.

Reply #163839 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spotted this on RealGM courtesy of Kev:

Just after a bit of information about Hodge. It looks fair certain that he's leaving Italy to come and play in the Australian NBL with my home town team, the Adelaide 36ers.

Just wondering what we should expect. He's been bought in mid season to replace our old import and will probably be spending the majority of his time at the SF position with small time at the SG.

Looking for strengths and weakness...

Thanks in advance..

And the lone response:
strengths - long, reasonably athletic, has decent hops, plays good d on some smaller/faster types of guards

weaknesses - inconsistent shooter, not very good practice/work ethic (reputably), thin and lanky so some trouble guarding medium to large sf, little to no post game.

Reply #163840 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

There was a nice little piece on Channel 9 about Hodge, he seems confident he ca boost the 36ers.

No complaints as of yet, it looks like he didn't injure his back either :p

Reply #163842 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Trained today and apparently looked good. Nothing special from the free throw line, but otherwise fine. Was suggested to me that he was perhaps a little in the mould of Farley.

From the ABC:

"I know its a very competitive league, one of my good friends Corey Williams is playing in it, so it'll be fun to beat up on his team if I get a chance to," he said.

"But I'm here to try to give the team a spark, help us start winning some games and make the play-offs."

Reply #163845 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Good Attitude by Hodge.

Reply #163850 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

He was very keen at college on finishing his Communications degree, calls himself a people person, seems to to be out there, extroverted and interesting judging by some of the quotes i read of his on the net,

reckon he would be more fun to interview than Copeland.....
hopefully he has a better sense of humour than that other "import" with a US College Communications degree {Carfino.... }

Reply #163874 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I will be very happy if he fits a Kevin Brooks type mould. He was lanky with not much of a post game, and he made finals MVP.

Please, please let this guy come up with the goods!!!

Reply #163875 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Isaac: "Trained today and apparently looked good. Nothing special from the free throw line, but otherwise fine. Was suggested to me that he was perhaps a little in the mould of Farley."

Any more details?

I slept in.

Reply #163877 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

www.geocities.com/jphnc/julius

Reply #163882 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Isn't it about tme somebody got rid of Chappell from the 36ers site and put Hodge in instead!!!!

Reply #163907 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754