Anonymous
Years ago

Word Ban is Pointless

I don't blame you Isaac, i aint your fault. But what does the "36ers coach" hope to achieve. Fans are going to continue to talk about him....except now they're just going to refer to him as Voldemort or some other name. I just don't get it. I have never in all my days seen anything as bizarre as this.

(has any of this made it to the news or the paper?)

Topic #14329 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Boti made mention of it in one of his articles last week.

Reply #168548 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I think it helps negative threads with his name in them appearing in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).

Reply #168553 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I mean, helps prevent..

Reply #168554 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yes but now all the Harry Potter fans will know that he cant coach for sh!t.

Reply #168564 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

LOL - So is that why the forum is receiving increased traffic. All the searches for Voldemort now directing people to Hoops SA.

Reply #168572 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It's to do with coaching positions for next year. PS sends his resume to a few teams. (Montipelago 63's, Sudan Allstars and Vladivostok Numb Nuts)

Then the Board of Directors for these teams direct an underling to do some research on PS. They 'punch' his name into Google and they come up with all this negative press from the Hoops SA website.

With his name being blocked when they do the search the underling will report no negative news.

He gets a contract for the Vladivostok Numb Nuts for two years. Then the underling says:
'At least we don't have that 'Voldermort' from Adelaide he was a real joke..............'

Reply #168578 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Gold Sturty . very nice work indeed .

Reply #168586 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

deserves a ball isaac...

Reply #168587 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Boti wrote "IT appears J.K. Rowling does not have exclusive rights to the Voldemort name, it now being used as a regular euphemism for Sixers coach Phil Smyth on the Hoops SA website.

Word is Phil demanded his name be taken off the popular forum but, as might be expected, posters now are simply using pseudonyms. What was the point then?"

Link to story in Advertiser

Reply #168620 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Sorry ... I was thwarted

What Boti wrote "IT appears J.K. Rowling does not have exclusive rights to the Voldemort name, it now being used as a regular euphemism for Sixers coach Phil "He Who Cannot Be Named" on the Hoops SA website.

Word is Phil demanded his name be taken off the popular forum but, as might be expected, posters now are simply using pseudonyms. What was the point then?"

Link to story in Advertiser

Reply #168621 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

The point is to underline how petty some people can be.

On the good side, it says a very big congratulations to Isaac on building/ providing a website that is read by those that count.

Lets face it, you dont bother complaining about the kids in the school yard saying you cant coach, coz you know no-one is listening,

The (mostly) intelligent and informed comments made here are being recognised for being just that and therefore with them swinging to opposing the current structure...its tail between the legs, knickers in a knot time.

Cmon Phil, grow up, remove the ban, lets all just move forward and try to forget this embarrasing error of judgement.

Reply #168639 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754