DJ
Years ago

Fox Returns - 1 Game A Week!!

Found on JR's Blog this morning.

Fox Sports will once again be on board.

Although we the fans are used to watching two and sometimes three live games a week, my mail is telling me it is being reduced to one live game per week.

JR, On Fire

Now this is a kick in the guts and makes me think twice about keeping my foxtel package.
Will there be a re-schedule and ditch the wednesday games?

Topic #16743 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

That sucks! Don't worry there will be other interesting things to watch like various games of baseball.......

Reply #197049 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

You would expect the Thursday NZ game will still be shown too.

Reply #197050 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

shit, oh well, lets hope all the FTA channels pick up one game each a week, that'll should be fine.

Reply #197060 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Dissapointing if we only get 1 game a week although better than nothing. Hard to see why you would set up with commentators etc for 1 a week though.
Sorry Curtley i doubt very much there will be any FTA unless channel 9 do whatthey did last year.
Be good if NZ matches come through just turn off the volume

Reply #197063 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

This is a kick in the guts for subscribers, basketball, fans etc.

However @ the same time, it's better than zero.

Does this mean no more Wednesday night dedicated basktetball sessions after work?

Hopefully FTA comes to the rescue now.

Reply #197073 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

unless that one game a week isthe NZ game only...eeek

Reply #197080 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Seriously, the lack of love basketball gets shown in this country is a disgrace sometimes.

Reply #197085 | Report this post

Tiger Fan  
Years ago

I was pissed last night after taping the replay of the USA v Russia game, I started watching it last night when late in the 2nd quarter they cut the game off and went to a baseball game!!! Ridiculous!!!

Reply #197095 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Black Dracular

I agree, our country is a disgrace when it comes to televising or promoting basketball.

Tiger Fan

That's a disgrace also and happens all too often.

Reply #197101 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Going thru the SBS programming for the olympics, there seems to be no Aussie b'ball games scheduled on there. So, that means that obviously seven has the rights to those games. I hope they don't screw us like they always do with b'ball games, and only show the last 5 minutes.

Now that they have 7 digital, why can't they put full games on those stations, so people who aren't interested in watching 8 people splashing up and down a pool, can watch that?! The olympics truly suck!

Reply #197103 | Report this post

Years ago

Although I am sceptical about how much petitions work, could this be a good time to flood Foxtel with complaints and threats of dropping their subscriptions with this announcement?

Reply #197110 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

lik i says de aussie channels ONLY like to show aussie rules, crickat, swimmin n tennis. dey r de only sportz dey now. bball dont even rat on de radar !!!

Reply #197111 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

rating on the radar is very unaustralian

Reply #197114 | Report this post

Lol.... you gotta admit, these posts of "playa" are pretty funny.
Unfortunately they also take a really long time to read.

Reply #197115 | Report this post

Playa, what about rugbee leeg?
Peeps watch dat too ya no??
Ok, I suck at playa-talk.
All good.

Reply #197116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #197117 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

There will me one MASSIVE improvement this year, no more bloody Sydney games!! YAY

Reply #197144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do you think Fox returned? Just to show the Sydney Spirit Games :P

Reply #197176 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Foxtel are assuming that by showing at least ONE game; they'll manange to hold onto the basketball audience while freeing up timeslots for other sports.

Frankly I don't even know how many people watch Baseball, considering it is one of the most boring sports to watch; rather fun playing it but that's about it.

You may also find that due to the Kings and Bullets going down; they're assuming that the primary viewing populous are in those areas and as such don't think viewer ratings will be that high this year.

A re-launch after this season is a definate; unfortunately it has reached the point where the league is only going to go down hill; and not because of team issues, but of marketing and sales issues.

Reply #197189 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Foxtel are assuming that by showing at least ONE game; they'll manange to hold onto the basketball audience while freeing up timeslots for other sports.
Unfortunately, I think you might be right.

Reply #197193 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Presumably it costs Foxtel little or nothing to show Baseball as it has little or no viewing audience.

However it would cost Foxtel a great deal to film NBL games (with the associated infrastructure required) for, in comparative terms, little or no viewing audience.

Hence Foxtel suddenly promotes Baseball, Darts, Indian Chicken Wrestling, whatever, because they are cheap, not because people want to watch them.

Reply #197199 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Isaac I have a great idea set up a new site for playa and I need a new name as they seem in a diff. world to a lot of us and they can rap awy together

Reply #197202 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

The one game a week also ties in with rumours that Carfino was no longer required. John Casey will most likely continue as play-by-play caller, as he is contracted with Fox Sports through AFL, boxing etc, but it was likely that Fox could not justify having Carfino on the pay roll for 1 night a week. Expect to see a 'local' NBL legend do the colour for each respective city that hosts the 'game of the week'.

Reply #197217 | Report this post

Brett you seriously need to get over yourself.
Presumably you're still pretty fired up from being put in your place the other day when you accused me of not being welcome on the forum because my team folded and I haven't been over eager to go out of my way to become a staunch supporter of another team, yet am still quite interested in what goes on in the league.
Sad to see you having a hit list of people you run down when they disagree with your ignorant presumptions.
The previous post above was a joke at playa- I seriously doubt you would've had that reaction to it if your mum wrote it.

Reply #197226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah at least you can spell unlike brett!

Reply #197227 | Report this post

bretts a tosser  
Years ago

Nuff said

Reply #197229 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

The last thing on this world I want to do is to get into interaction with you whatever alias you wish to use today. I certainly wasnt put into place with your ridicilous response . However I still say the original post was a serious question asking about NBL and Fox coverage and all you did was go on and say you werent going to NBL or going to watch Fox coverage. Well if you are not going to watch other games and your team is not in then you cant still be interested in the NBL really . Everyone is entitled to give a opinion ,but on this occasion this post was a question and I believe you were putting down the poster and the NBL. Assuring you and others I will never lower myself to respond to your posts again

Reply #197245 | Report this post

Jesus Christ- you are a massive, massive moron who talks out of your a$$!
Thanks for proving it yet again and thanks for proving you didn't even read the post properly- it was mentioned once and you're the only one that was "offended" but you went on and on about it, forcing me to defend myself because English clearly is not your first language.
Clearly I'm not the only one that doesn't appreciate your baseless accusations.
As for "lower"- I don't think you could get much lower than what you already are.

Reply #197266 | Report this post

brett de crybaby  
Years ago

brett stop ur sooking !!! here iz a bib !!

Reply #197276 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Get a room you 2!

Reply #197283 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754