lukn4gudimport
Years ago

New 36ers Import - Mark Tyndale

Today an announcement will be made that Mark Tyndale 23 a 196cm off-guard/small forward will join the club for the upcoming season.HE has had promising tryouts IN the NBA with New Orleans, Houston and Portland.He is an all round great player both defensively and offensively and we should all look forward to seeing him play.

Topic #16840 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Dude- just looked him up on draft express and i have a huge basketball woody.

You better be on the money with this call coz otherwise its just cruel.

6'5 athletic, ball-handling, awesome man on man and team orientated defender.... can i get a 'Hell Yeah'!

Reply #198155 | Report this post

rocky  
Years ago

It was in the Advertiser - almost word for word

Reply #198156 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Farkin Sweet.

Reply #198158 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Reply #198160 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

If true, very promising!

Reply #198166 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Mos def. Well done to Ninnis and the lads for coming up with someone with a lot of potential.

Reply #198172 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Looks like Rob Rose got that whacky little kick on his jump shot

Reply #198173 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

If he is another Rob Rose - then that means title time for Adelaide!

Reply #198183 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

DraftExpress Profile

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mark-Tyndale-5172/

Sounds pretty good. It looks like we are following the Sydney Kings strategy of getting hard-working college graduates to complement the rest of the roster. A good idea with some of the talent we have at our disposal this season.

Reply #198195 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Surely if this guy is half decent the sixers front office have done a huge recruiting job this year

One NBA experience
2 world championship experience players
2 up and comers
1 proven aussie hard nosed player
1 potential league busting import

plus new coaching staff

if that does not say the front office has had a huge off season i dont know what does. I wonder if the NBL has a GM of the year awars like the NBA.

Reply #198202 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Article now online here:-

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24165533-5006371,00.html

Reply #198207 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Not sure about this bit:

"He can really do everything except shoot the ball effectively"

Reply #198211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His stroke looks alright in the Portland trial vid...

Reply #198213 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Only 23 and seems not far from NBA looks a great pick up and Kent Brockman thanks for link although got the confident NBA type swagger he comes accross as quiet and feet on ground in interviews.
Well done Sixers management and Scotty . Bring on the season

Reply #198216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Juror 12, you might've found the same in Hodge's write-up?

Sounds to me like he's worth a shot.

Reply #198219 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Good to see that both he and Bruce should arrive in town next week too.

Reply #198236 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Interesting read from the link "tickle" provided.

Despite them saying he is not an overly effective shooter, his FG% is quite good, and a decent stat line.

Considering the Sixers have only ever been an offensive force since the Mee/Brooks days, it is nice to see the team build up a defensive stopper.

All Defence: Davidson, Tyndale, Winitana, Holmes, Cooper.

All Offence: Bruce, Maher, Tyndale, Ballinger, Schensher.

You've easily got a combination for every opposing lineup, with options to revert to a good man-to-man lineup and a decent fast-break team.

Potentially we're looking at one of the most well rounded teams the sixers have ever had. Personally haven't seen a bench lineup this good in over 10 years.

Might be our year again.

Reply #198242 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Ultimately what has happened this year with recruiting has demonstrated how much of a rut we were in during the past 5 or 6 years.

Reply #198248 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Big Marty, interesting points. However, while I suspect your 'all offence' side can make some defensive stops, and without having seen too much of Tyndale, I suspect the 'all defence' team would struggle to get many points on the board.

Reply #198254 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

XY - Tyndale averaged 19 ppg in his junior year of college , Davidson can explode at any given time , Winitana can score and Holmes will chip in 10 a game without forcing anything so there goes your argument , bada bing bada boom .

Reply #198260 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

XY - I think Big Marty was pointing out that you wouldn't put those exact teams on the floor...more like, this season we've got a team where we have a roughly equal number of players that can play defence as we have offensive minded players.

However, I'd have to agree that I wouldn't be looking for Winitana, Holmes or Cooper for offense.

Out of curiousity, is everyone forgetting Kersten and Hill? or are they just regarded as development players? I think you could slot Hill onto that "all offense" team as he can definitely get to the rack.

Reply #198290 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

"However, I'd have to agree that I wouldn't be looking for Winitana, Holmes or Cooper for offense."

I'm Hoping Cooper can continue his offence from last year, he had pressure on him from the other bigs and really stepped up, dont discount him for those side on shots!

Reply #198331 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

No mention of his signing on channel 10 or 9 sports news this evening. Very disappointing to see our great game ignored.

Reply #198370 | Report this post

lukn4gudimport  
Years ago

I think tomorrow the announcement will be made.

Reply #198372 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Channel 9 News just announced that he should be here by late next week.

Interestingly they failed to mentioned whether he has officially signed, though I doubt there is much to be read into that.

Reply #198743 | Report this post

tim  
Years ago

36er fans,

I randomly came across this website while trying to find out about Mark, a classmate of mine at Temple University.

I am glad to see that he has found a home with your team.

You will be very pleased with both his abilities and his effort.

He is a very athletic and long guard. At Temple, he was our "Mr. do-everything." Along with Dionte Christmas, an all out scorer, he led Temple to the Atlantic 10 Championship last season and a berth in the NCAA tournament.

He was a John Chaney recruit, so you know that his defense is stellar. That goes for his man to man, on the ball, off the ball... whatever. He's a very good defensive player.

Offensively, he's a pretty good ballhandler, and can drive to the hoop and finish with authority. As stated in this thread, his weakness is his inconsistency in his jump shot. He'll throw a couple up that hit backboard every now and then, but all in all, he's a solid offensive player, who has the ability to score in bunches.

His rebounding ability is also remarkable for a guard. This is a result of not only his ability and size, but his basketball knowledge and hustle.

In conclusion, Mark Tyndale will not let you down.

He's a really tough kid who never gives up.. he's fast, and his engine is always running. He's solid in all aspects of the game.

Enjoy.

Reply #198834 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

That's what I like to hear!!! I've just purchased my first ever season tickets, get on board people!!!

Reply #198859 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers for the write up there tim.

Reply #198920 | Report this post

tim  
Years ago

A nice little fan video of the final moments of the Tyndale-led comeback against St. Joe's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geTXwA9h058

Pre-draft workout w/ the Blazers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgMHl32ZWGU

Tyndale and Christmas eat cheesesteaks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I6TxowqYxI

Reply #199205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754