fat dougs
Years ago

2005 ABL tipping

isaac,
i guess i am mainly appealing to you...in asking someone to set up a tipping competition. i think with the huge fan base you have on this forum, it would provide a huge amount of interest in our local league. i think the best idea would be to have a direct link from this site, and to tip in both the mens and womens competitions.
any other suggestions people??

Topic #1972 | Report this topic

tiny zipper  
Years ago

maybe if we could get some people to list themselves if they would be interested....
i, for one would be very keen!!

Reply #22385 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have talked to the operator of NBLTipping.com.au about exactly this. He's currently setting up a tipping site for the QABL and will use that experience to determine the effort required.

I expect that it could take too much time for it to be done freely, in which case it might be that we need to raise some funds/sponsorship in order for it to happen.

Reply #22386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would suggest a similar thing to office tipping comps. Everyone puts in some money to join with the developer taking a %age of the total pool and there been prizes available for the tipping comp. Probably have to govt. gambling approvals though.

Reply #22387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U would think the CABL would be easier than QABL as there are less teams here.

Reply #22388 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The number of teams isn't an issue. Inputting the teams and schedule is a small part of the job when compared to actually duplicating and tweaking the framework, and making sure it's going to run properly.

Reply #22390 | Report this post

fat dougs  
Years ago

well, here is hoping that the qld comp gets up and running with no major problems...surely (as long as there is not 100 people), we could email someone who might be able to have a spare hour each hour to mark the tips....and put the standings up on the website each week.....
any takers?

Reply #22391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about if we include scoring spreads like College Basketball???

Reply #22392 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's always an option dougs. If you've used the NBLTipping site this year, you'll know that it's pretty well built and it's nice to have everything automated.

I've had a quick scout around to see if there are any ColdFusion-based tipping comps that I could repurpose, but had no luck.

If all else fails, we can do it manually via the forum, emails, etc. I had been hoping to run an ABL comp since the middle of last year.

Reply #22393 | Report this post

goal tending  
Years ago

is that fat doug from NJD

social team from the dome ?

Reply #22432 | Report this post

fat dougs  
Years ago

sorry goal tending.....i dont play social at the dome...sorry to disappoint, but i am glad the franchise is spreading.

Reply #22440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:38 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754