Camel 31
Years ago

36ers@home v Blaze 7Nov09

I'd be inclined to give Burston some minutes if needed. Might see overtime again.

Topic #21531 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Burston is available tonight. Best to give him another week and keep him for the Hawks.

Reply #256088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apologies Camel the ABC Radio commentators just said Burston will be playing tonight.

Reply #256089 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

live stream not playing the games as usual

Reply #256090 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Might not need him - Sixers 12points , BALLINGER 12points.

Reply #256091 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

i have given them the benefit of the doubt. this will be my last live stream. You just cannot sell a product that stops every five or six seconds

Reply #256092 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Stop start as usual

Reply #256093 | Report this post

ss  
Years ago

hey guys couldn't make the game tonight, got called into work. Is the game being called on 891 ABC?

Reply #256095 | Report this post

raider paul  
Years ago

COME ON BLAZE I GOT 20 BUCKS ON U GUYS. KICK SOME CRAPPY SIXERS ASS. GILCHRIST U HACK

Reply #256096 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Giving the live stream a go for the first time, very stop start, appears to be no improvement on previous weeks. I've seen a total of 1 Adelaide field goal so far, the screen has been frozen for the rest of them. Disappointing.

Reply #256097 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

gily is haVING A STINKER

Reply #256098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ss, yes.

Reply #256099 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Guys in Brisbane with thedoctor trying to watch the live stream and getting nothing good. This makes it hard for people from Adelaide, who want to watch and support their team and someone tries to sell a product and you buy into their bullshit that it will be good. Why bother. Why is the sound perfect and the picture crap? Plus got money on Balls top scoring and Blaze to win by 11. Go blaze

Reply #256101 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

One thing the live stream did show clearly was Bonz' beer belly!

Reply #256102 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Half time warm-ups are awesome. Great time for the stream to start working.........

Reply #256103 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

WHAT IS WITH THE SIXERS

Reply #256104 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

Rebounding is terrible. gilly is terrible

Reply #256105 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

Ballinger is on fire

Reply #256106 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ballinger is unconscious! They need someone else to step up of they are to get over the line though...

Reply #256110 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

Cooopeeerr

Reply #256113 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

Cooper and herbert were unbelievable on D in the last. good comeback boys. Great night ballinger. 18-7 last quarter

Reply #256116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, how the hell did we win that XD

Ballinger POTW.

Reply #256117 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wooooooohooooooo. Despite the terrible stop start live feed I think I got the gist of what happened, we won right?

Reply #256118 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah got there in the end - Blaze led most of the nite. - Yes , Adam Ballinger POTW.
Burston not fit, but 10mins not tooo bad.
Copper 1/4 free throws, but not too bad.
You'd think we can play a whole lot better than that.
Great win.

Reply #256119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger Unconscious?

Reply #256120 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Worst win ever by the Adelaide Ballingers.

Reply #256121 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Still don't know how Adelaide won that...good win in the end.

NBL Recap: http://linky.com.au/zyf07

Gilchrist only other 6er to hit double digit scoring with 10 points. Ballinger with an amazing 36 points, 6/6 from downtown to go with 11 rebounds - big double-double. Gilchrist did have 8 assists...and 0/5 on three's.

Reply #256122 | Report this post

kc  
Years ago

Great D in last quater.
Cooper did a great job- seemed to help pick up the whole atmosphere and team with great D, rebounds, and reasonable offense (missed a couple of foul shots but he got a '3'! Cooper!)
Gilchrist struggled a bit offensively tonite. Managed 10points though. Really needs to learn to pass the ball when he draws the defence in though. Particularly when he has had a poor shooting night. Also needs to brush up on using time effectively and and appropriately. On the last play (up 3 with last play of the game; having foul shot advantage), he chose to take a '3', missed and allowed Blaze to have 10secs to potentially tie it up. I'm all for having confidence to hit a shot, but wouldnt it have been smarter to let the clock tick down and then drive in for a potential foul shot?
Burston- looked good for the minutes he was in, and particularly when given the ball.
Ballinger- simply superb...
Great win...

Reply #256123 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

super win, that move with cooper......inspired. As much flack as he gets and I'm no exception he was massive and turned that game around. Balls was fantastic and just dragged the team along, as mentioned above we need someone else to help out on the scoring.

I don't know what that last shot of gilly was but he is lucky we won, also think on the closing positions at the end of the 2nd and third he went way to early and allowed them to get decent looks on the next possession.

Burston was pretty good for the little run he had, think when he comes back will really allow some stability and structure to the team.

Finally no one who was a casual fan at the game tonight would think twice about coming back after that last quarter. The atmosphere was fantastic and everyone was really riding each play.

Reply #256124 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Why didn't Pero Cameron play? He seemed to warm up OK.

I wish I shared the excitement of some of you here, but I just don't. This is a bad team at the moment... the exciting finishes are fun, but overall the Sixers are pretty horrible to watch.

Reply #256126 | Report this post

tommo  
Years ago

Cooper didnt hit a three - but was tight on defense.

I love seeing the passion courtside from the SOS, but Ben Fitz do we really need you running across the baseline to remonstrate with the umpires. That is twice you have done it right in front of me, I was too slow to stick my leg out and trip you - cos you look like a fool doing it. There are ways of doing things and that wasn't it - shows lack of professionalism from the "GM".

Reply #256127 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

hereschenes - Pero started. Not sure if he injured himself or not though.

Reply #256129 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Pero started - played 3 mins and Ballinger got 12points on him.
Burston and Cooper just enough to get the win

Reply #256130 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

hereschenes don't get me wrong we are not playing great at all but you have to admit it was exciting to finish they way we did. We will have problems when we face good teams if we continue to play like we have but let us have some afterglow.

Reply #256131 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Groves is the real worry, once again he stunk tonight and Gilchrist was not far behind hime. Both of these guys hang onto the ball far too long, especially when they are shooting terribly.
As for Ballinger, one of the truly great games, sensational even.
Cooper made a huge difference with his effort.
Still trying to work out how we won that one.
Refs were crap, looks like we are not able to spin on the pivot leg now. I wonder when that rule changed.

Reply #256133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find the behaviour of Ben Fitz and SOS is inappropriate at times. For the GM to be acting like that and having a go at the referees is out of place. I understand they're passionate but they need to realise they're officials and they shouldn't be acting that way.

Reply #256134 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

specific incident?

Reply #256135 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

"Groves is the real worry, once again he stunk tonight and Gilchrist was not far behind hime. Both of these guys hang onto the ball far too long, especially when they are shooting terribly".

Squid, do you think that the way Cortez & John handle the ball might be to team orders? Do you think that the coaching staff are not watching the game, or are they stupid?

The team turned back the clock and rode to a win on the back of the captain. It felt great to be able to stand and applaud their performance, something I have been reluctant to do over the past month.

PS If an ICAC is set up in the near future will Andrew Filmer and Phil the Dill be the subject or the first investigation?

Reply #256138 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

2 great moves in the last quater,
1. not using Ng, using Herbert instead for hes defense as neither were really scoring
AND
2. playing Cooper and moving Ballinger back to his natural position POWER FORWARD!!
Cooper may not be the best player but it freed up Ballinger who won the game for us with some big threes!! not to mention a few great plays on either end from Coops!
Please now with Burston playing some minutes play Ballinger exclusively at PF and split the C with Cooper and Burston, definatly keep ballinger out of C as much as possible 5-10 mins max,id prefer 0, as it will help him and the team.

Reply #256142 | Report this post

gravity man  
Years ago

Sixers awesome in last quarter,cooper played good D and virtually got us over the line ,burston needs more training to be match fit,Groves was crap again,gilly struggled against stronger guards.Balls great game shooting from everywhere Lucky win!!!!Bottom line Groves need to go and get an athletic SF because we wont win many more games while hes around!!!!!!

Reply #256143 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

I think the only thing that is remotely saving Groves' ass at the moment is he is doing a decent job defending opposition guards,although having said that he and our big men have got to defend those high picks sooo much better. Secondly, there ain't no one else that can play the point or dribble as well when Gilchrist is on the bench... That's my opinion.

Lastly is it just me, or does groves get to the rack pretty well but he's just not finishing as well as having a few unlucky rolls? Some more of those threes off some dribbling around doing nothing are creeping in. He seems to shoot much better when he's come off a screen or the pull-up mid range j

Reply #256146 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Time for the Sixers to put a warning on the tickets I reckon. Every single game is a thriller! I'm loving this season!

Good hard-fought win against very underrated opposition tonight.

Big Balls: That's the Balls I know. Absolutely unstoppable on offence and he knew he was hot. But for me, the 11 rebounds was the best thing about this game for me, he hasn't

been rebounding well this year and it's great to see he's back. He probably could've had 20 in that 1st qtr if we got him the ball a bit more, later in the game we had an excuse

because they were playing far better D on him but in that 1st qtr we ignored him over and over even before Joey Wright made the adjustment. Brilliant game.

Holmes: Defence was fanfreakintastic. Good luck backing him down in the post. His hustle on the boards was good as always. Solid game.

Hill: Pretty quiet. Didn't get as many looks but it was good to see him hit the contested 3 when it was there, he'll be a complete player if he can hit that consistently.

Tez: At his South Dragons worst. Needs to understand what worked for him in those two consecutive games a few weeks ago, PENETRATION. And settling for contested threes instead

of penetrating is one thing, but doing it early in the clock before we've even made a pass is a disgrace. Having said all that I was not one of the dickheads shouting abuse at

him all game, but certainly recognize that this one was a shocker.

Pitbull: Very shaky start and his shot-choice was questionable all game but he made the adjustment and started to bring his teammates into it nicely later in the game. Think he

had a bit of trouble with Gibbo on him. Having said that he didn't get much love from the refs when he penetrated.

COOPER!: GAMEBREAKER!!! Yes, Cooper was the gamebreaker, sounds wierd 'ey! Well he was. His D and Rebounding was unbelievable down the stretch and it was good to see him

recognize the mismatch on Ubaka a few times and take it to him. Great Contribution Coops... and some fantastic quotes in the interview with Mahersy too!

Burston: Thought he could've played a bit more but I understand they're easing him back in. It was great to see him back out there looking relatively fit.

Herbert: Our best defensive guard tonight. I would've liked to see him go to Gibson and give him a bit of physicality back but his work on Harvey and others was great. Rebounded

will again as well.

Ng: No effect again. Lift Ninja!

REFS: EVERY FREAKIN WEEK! I can't really be bothered any more.

...wait yeah I can. IT'S NOT A FREAKIN TRAVEL YOU DUMB %^%^$&$ #%^*&##ers!!! STOP CALLING THAT BULLSHIT!! This is getting ridiculous, there is not a league in the world that

calls travel on a freaking pivot, don't tell me we're just getting in line with FIBA. You idiots are destroying games.

I didn't see Ben Fitz talk to the refs but if he did, well done. Someone needs to talk to these retards. Sick.of.it.

Joey Wright: Whoever decided to remove Joey's chair before the game, that's not very nice at all. The coach needs a chair. What's that? He had one? :O :O :O

Blaze: Harvey is one of the league's elite shooters, so maybe he could focus on his shot rather than taking them off-balance and spinning around as he falls to the floor trying to draw a foul. Just a recommendation Harvs.
Gibbo is one of my favourites but the way he used his elbow on offence tonight was a disgrace. No foul, of course.
Don't understand why Pero starts. Does he just get tired after 5mins?
Maxey, try a layup. Ubaka = gun. Petrie = gun.

That was the best post-match function I've been to. Mahersy, Ninnis and Holmes were hilarious and as I mentioned, Coops said some very interesting things about Judas Hodge.

El Ranto Finito.

Reply #256148 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hehe sorry about those wierd spaces in my humongous post, don't know what happened there.

Reply #256150 | Report this post

Jeffey  
Years ago

Ben Fitzsimons = Mark Cuban?

Reply #256151 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

An ugly victory tonight, but I'll take the win.

I'm not a Cooper fan, but tonight I have to give him credit. He did make a difference tonight.

Burston did pretty good in his limited minutes from injury and he can only get better.

Balls played a brilliant game and it was great to see him play his natural PF position. Keep Balls @ PF all season which is his normal natural position as we've been saying all season.

With a healthy Burston again, split the minutes at centre between him and Coops.

Groves is pretty crap these days. As someone mentioned he plays reasonable defence on opposition guards and what's saving him.

Gilly had a bad night tonight. He was also beaten up a little bit and didn't receive a few calls. Once during the first half he leapt high and copped a huge slap on the forearm which you could hear on the top of the stands which wasn't called.

Both Gilly and Groves hold the ball a little too long sometimes when the defenders come in tight and need to learn to pass it on.

I also liked Herbert on during the final quarter over Ng as he provided some good defence.

I'm looking forward to next week's game followed by the boxing on Sunday. Pacquiao Vs Cotto.

Reply #256154 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

lol what did they say about Hodge??

Reply #256156 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Didn't see the post match. What was said about Hodge?

Reply #256159 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hodge Mark II CANCER, couldn't get rid of him quick enough.
Hodge Mark I nice guy, good guy. Hopefully the good Hosge comes.

Ballinger was SENSATIONAL tonight and Cooper was damn good, Jake would have been itching yo get back on.

Reply #256166 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Anonymous 256134.... how bout you know the bloke before you bag him.....

It's about time we saw an owner that had some passion and fire...

Reply #256171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The "official" crowd was listed as 4,800. What was the crowd really like?

Reply #256173 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Interesting watching Pero try to guard Balls....
not that anyone could tonight.

Could not work out how we won tonight, and then i noticed that our starting frontcourt shot 9 from 10 from the 3 point line.

Winning ugly at the moment,
if defense gets it done so be it,
waiting for Burston to be fully fit,
while Hill is slowly settling into the athletic small forward he threatened to be preseason.

Reply #256174 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Crowd was pretty choccas. Only real block of empty seats was behind eastern ring.

Would have thought around 5,000, so 4,800 seems OK

Reply #256182 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

I think you guys might have dodged another bullet on this one. Take it and celebrate though.
Ballinger definitely POTW. Did Maxey try stopping him?
Paul's millionaire to pauper definitely applied to Blaze.
What happened to Gibson?
Is Pero in Wright's bad books or was he injured.
He is exactly the player they needed in the 4th. A cool head. Someone to play the percentages, deliver the right pass. Take the right shot. GET TO THE LINE. Instead they disintegrated mentally. TO's killed them. Never saw game so can't comment on whether this was good defence or self inflicted.

Reply #256185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No surprise Sixers win with Ballinger taking 24 shots in the game!

He should be taking 20+ shots EVERY game! We would win the majority of them if he did!

Also, everyone seems to be loving Cooper after last nite! I never had any problem with him but people were saying things recently that he shouldn't have been re-signed, etc..

Reply #256186 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Add to above post, now that I've read summary.

Petrie scored Blaze's last shot with 5.34 on clock.

After that they went 0/11 and 4 TO and still a chance to send game into OT.
They will be kicking themselves.

Again they needed a Pero iso, back Cooper down into lane.... J hook or find open guy.

Reply #256189 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Great win by the players even though the first 3 quarters were a bit ugly.

I never bag the umpires but that travel call in the last quarter when Balls was pushed was a disgrace.

Boti even mentions it in his article today. That call could have changed the momentum of the game.

As the one of the owners & GM I am glad that Ben Fitz is taking this up with the umpires as it is so frusting as a fan seeing basic calls being called incorrectly. I would have thought one of the other umpires would have stepped in if Filmer hadn't seem the clear shove.

Reply #256193 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Twice in the game an umpire's call was overuled by another umpire. Doesn't that tell the complete story regarding officiating quality tonight. Its just unfortunate that when a wrong call is made and another umpire does not see it, then it has to be enforced.

Reply #256194 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

The refereeing was atrocious. Gibson was pushing off with his elbow all night, called for it once. The look on the faces of the Blaze players when they were called for fouls in the last quarter for what they had done all night was precious. Is it coincidence that the foul count is roughly even at the end of the game?

Reply #256199 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Referees have been terrible all season, although not sure if it is all their fault. The NBL and their insistance of new interpretations for some rules has been a hard pill to swallow for nearly everyone.

However there are some very poor officials on court that should be sent back to domestic leagues.

Reply #256200 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Monster game from Ballinger! He could have kicked the ball and it probably would have gone down. Awesome rebounding as well, which has been missing from him recently. Brilliant captains game.

Cooper - gotta give him cred this week. Nearly freaked out when he came on for the first time to start the 4th. Definitely his best quarter for this season. We've still gotta recognise his limits though. 1 in 4 free throws is not good conversion and that pass on an open 7 foot jumper to Herbert who was covered by 3 defenders was shocking! Good effort and good defence (other than the 3 point play he gave up) though.

Burston is going to give us a huge lift when he gets back to full fitness and form. Surprised that he played tonight but definitely managed to provide a target inside and change some shots defensively. Good rebounding as well.

We've got to find something at the 2 spot though. For a team that is heavy with guys that play the 2, the majority of them suck at the moment! The main reason Ng is in the team is his 3 point shooting - what the hell has happened to it? He can't hit the side of a barn at the moment. Groves has done nothing offensively all season. Herbert brings great defence and offensive hustle, but struggles to rack up points and Hill is the picture of inconsistency. Hill wasn't bad last night though. Took the right shots and made them, not many brain fades at all. Not bad defensively either. I'd almost rather start Gilchrist, Hill, Holmes, Ballinger and Burston at the moment. Think we're wasting our time with Groves.

Reply #256213 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Copper 1/4 free throws, but not too bad."

Lol not to bad, Yeh the free throws werent his best, but he hit some clutch shots, Called for the ball to dish it out for a three (missed)
Have to say for the Minutes Cooper played he was FANTASTIC. I believe he was our 3rd highest scorer and would have been one of the least minutes. His Strong D helped rebound and changed the momentum of the game without a doubt.
As said above Ballinger shouldnt have to step into the Centre position again with Burston coming back. Cooper looked like he wanted to take some minutes away from Burston in future games great to see!!!

As for Ballinger well, it was only a matter of time and I thank him for making a mockery of Pero Cameron, Top Effort thank god he played tonight.

On a less positive note Ng and Hill need to sit the fark down, I dont care who their dads are Burdon is clearly a better player than Ng and Hill just looses the ball way to often, or panicks and puts other players in a bad position for a shot with .5 of a second to go.
Grove's say goodbye really only got into the game in the last 4 minutes. Needs to move the ball and not stand outside the three point line for the first 15 seconds of the shot clock.
As for Gillie had a quiet night, seems to be a confidence player and 2 bad three's in the first shut him up (perhaps he shouldnt shoot for his first few points, be told to drive, drive, drive). Also needs to be sat down over his last 3 Point attempt and shown what happened against NZ again and again until he realise's how risky that was.

Reply #256214 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Umpiring was poor in a couple of calls, generally OK.

Pero was well and truely beaten. At half time he was in front of me at the kiosk, so I shouted him a pie with sauce.

Coops - his shot got us up, so bask in the glory son!

Balls - best game ever

For GC, that #6 just got the job done, Harvey was on fire

Reply #256225 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Skud, are you serious - Burdon better than Hilly? Who's kids they are has nothing to do with their minutes, Hilly has talent. Ng has been off, his shot hasn't been droppping - I've watched him at practice and seen him hit 3 after 3 after 3, hopefully they start dropping in games soon.

Reply #256234 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To all the "Ballinger at his natural position" folks, he went on his early rampage while playing at centre, right?

Great finish to the game. 18-7 last quarter and excellent atmosphere at the Dome. 36ers guards kept Harvey's impact to a minimum.

Doubt they'll cut Groves and I don't think they should, but he just has no luck sometimes - so many shots roll out.

There was Cooper's cameo and some good passages from Burston and Holmes, but it was Ballinger's game. The big heat-check three has to be a defining moment for him especially as a captain of the team. Still, our transition D was pretty poor for at least half of the game, and I think Ballinger was a part of that - easier to overlook it when he dominates at the other end though.

Big test coming up soon against the Hawks.

Reply #256235 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think we are so use to seeing Cooper playing pathetic that when he actually has a normal game we label it as "FANTASTIC". Really all he did was make a layup and hit an open shot, grab some rebounds and play some defence. He also had his normal bloopers - 1-4 Free Throws, turnover and a 3 point play. For me the main point is when Ballinger doesn't have to play center we look a whole lot better.

EVERY Game Ballinger should be getting 15-20+ shots! He needs to be the focus of the offence. I can't believe it took 9 games for that to finally happen. In games where Ballinger has shot 15 shots or more we are 3-0, in games where he has shot under that we are 2-4. That's not to say we will win if he shoots 15+ shots however we will be a much better chance to win if he does.

While it was great to win that game and a brilliant win in terms of enjoyment for the crowd, we were heaps lucky to win it. As I say most the time hopefully this win will give us more confidence for the rest of the season.

Things that concerned me in the 4th quarter was running offence late in the game for Cooper to post up. Sure we want every player in our team to be part of the action but when Ballinger has had an awesome game why would we do that near the end of the game on two occasions? When has it ever worked Cooper posting up?

The other bad play was Gilchrist trying to be a hero and shoot a 3 with a guy in his face when we were up by 3 with 20 seconds left! Fine you're a hero if it goes in but if it misses it was a low percentage play! The best play would have been to drive if we get a foul then its two shots and game is over. Or since Ballinger was having an awesome game give it to him. Id rather him miss inside then have Gilchrist try to be the hero.

Another bad point from the game was too many times our point guard would come down and take the first shot or just drive to attempt a layup. Sometimes it worked and was fine other times it didn't work and any good hard work done by the team at the defensive end was wasted!

It was good to get the win but still lots of holes in the system. Good to have Burston back!

Skud you're dreaming if you think Burdon is better then Hill and NG. Both Hill and Ng are quality NBL starters that are only going to get better. Burdon on the other hand his only claim to fame is hitting some 3's when the Sixers are up by 20 (or down by 20) when there is no pressure on.

Reply #256244 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"To all the "Ballinger at his natural position" folks, he went on his early rampage while playing at centre, right?"

I think it's more about his opponent than the title of his position, and he was covered by Pero Cameron for the first 5mins, then Petrie. Both of whom are really PFs.

*ignoring skud*

Reply #256278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taking issues up with the umpires is different from remonstrating with them during a game. There are avenues for teams to address any concerns and it's not appropriate for officials to do this on game night.

Reply #256304 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...unless they're really, really bad.

Reply #256308 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

I thought Joey Wright was smarter than to try and guard Ballinger with firstly Pero (leadfeet on perimeter) and Petrie who is so unsure marking people outside that I can see how Ballinger got going early. Basically taking uncontested shots. When Sixers played Breakers we started with Boucher on him, somebody with footspeed who is going to take away his put it on the floor moves, give him something to think about Pero and Petrie are basically stationary markers.
Still got to make the shot though and Ballinger filled it up last night.

Reply #256321 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Pero needed to play the last 5 minutes of the game not the first 5.

Reply #256322 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Petrie actually did a pretty good job on Ballinger. (better than anyone else last night at least)

Reply #256328 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Skud you're dreaming if you think Burdon is better then Hill and NG. Both Hill and Ng are quality NBL starters that are only going to get better. Burdon on the other hand his only claim to fame is hitting some 3's when the Sixers are up by 20 (or down by 20) when there is no pressure on."

Which is more than Ng has done this season. He cant defend ANYONE, he can hit as many three's as he wants in Practice, hell on an open court Im not to shabby myself, but when defended I suck..as does NG.
Hill scores 10points a game, with 8 turnovers...thats a LOSS.

If you think back long and hard ull remember when Burdon had to take up the slack from an injured aaron bruce and davidson and did BLOODY WELL, and unlike Ng he can carry the ball.

Everyone here critizes Groves for playing shit because he is an Import but both Ng and Hill are contributing less. How blind can you be because they are South Australians

Reply #256342 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Which is more than Ng has done this season.
He's hitting threes at 47%, even after a mini-slump over the last few games. At least the hate is being spread around the team, I guess. I think almost everyone's copped it now.

Fans, eh?

Reply #256353 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Hill scores 10points a game, with 8 turnovers...thats a LOSS."

Challenge: Find me ONE GAME where he's had 8 turnovers.

Reply #256355 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think the whole team has been mentioned on here
that they should be cut.
Perhaps Holmes might be the only one that I haven't seen. AW - and keep Ballinger - but not as captain
I read.

Reply #256357 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, people have spoken of cutting Holmes at points too.

Reply #256362 | Report this post

babe  
Years ago

hill is 5th in the league for field goal %

Reply #256366 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Hill is averaging two turnovers a game...

Reply #256402 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

So we are cutting all the players!? And cutting the owners to cause they are passionate. Not much left to be a fan of.

These guys have ability, they have shown it. The problem is the simple mistakes that keep creeping in both individually and as a team. Lapses in D, second guessing taking shots and on the other hand jacking up shots very early in the shot clock.

Reply #256416 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ, you forgot the "HORRIBLE" courtside announcer (who I thought was great on Saturday).

Reply #256421 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah Credit where credit is due, the court side announcer did a great job on Saturday!

Reply #256435 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

He's hitting threes at 47%

Thats a pretty easy stat to keep up when you shoot what 1 last game. Stop looking at pure stats. 1 shot a game from anyone is pathetic, its even WORSE when you cant defend
Hill either turns it over himself, or puts someone else (usually Ballinger) in a shit position with no time left. Thats not shown in Hills stats but its HORRIBLE.

Reply #256511 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Skud, obviously you have a personal thing going on here. Don't like Hill's hair? Went to see Dr.Ng but didn't get the pills you were after?

Whatever it is, your demented POV is not even worth arguing with, I'm sure 99% of the people on here can recognize the value of these guys.

Reply #256525 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wow, Skud - that's not even worth bothering with.

Reply #256530 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I sat and watched and listened to the courtside announcer on Saturday night and thought to myself, surely this can't be the guy everyone is criticizing. I must have misunderstood because this courtside announcer was doing a wonderful job. He exuded an enormous amount of energy and animation. Completely created an atmosphere of excitement. Also, talking about doing a wonderful job is the music department. Skip if you are reading this, what is the name of that music you put on at about 2-3 minutes before tipoff? It is so powerful and dramatic, I love it.

Reply #256614 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

skud is right that in a horrible game where Ng only takes one shot, its not going to make much difference to his overall stats but makes that particular game look bad. I have also been of the opinion for several years now that if Ng does not contirubute to a game by way of scoring, then he does not offer much else.

Reply #256615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well said EC - he's doing a great job this year.

Reply #256619 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

EC- Its called 300 Violin Orchestra. It is also on the TV ad and the season teaser on the website.

Reply #256624 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Keep the Galvanize comin too ;)

Reply #256627 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I played 300 violin orchestra so many times, when it was on the website and still got a little bit excited hearing it again on saturday

Reply #256629 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Thanks Skip, no prizes for guessing which tune has taken over as my ringtone.

Reply #256634 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I was very happy when I discovered it and even happier when I played it to the bosses and they said they wanted to use it for all the promo stuff.

Reply #256643 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Good discovery - I'd kinda like to hear it entering the dome , so maybe half an hour or so before the game, then AGAIN 2-3 mins before start.....

Reply #256645 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I agree with EC, I think the courtside announcer has been great this year. Also Skip, great job, while at times I have thought the volume has been too high (this might just be my opinion) what you have been playing, when you have been chosing to play it has been great, absolutely spot on.

Also regarding Ng, EC's point is valid about if he isn't scoring he is pretty much of no value. That said, Ninnis has kept his minutes down over the past three games. He will come good.

It occurred to me that it had been quite some time since a Sixer had gone three games without scoring and that if I got bored I might look back and find out who it was, but I think I'll take the easy way out and just assume it was Mark Nash.

Reply #256651 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol probably a good guess Mutley. Or Jason Milliams.

Reply #256653 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

AT TIMES music too loud for the radio audience to hear what commentators are saying

Reply #256654 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Dench could be in the running also

Reply #256655 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754