Camel 31
Years ago

36ers@Perth 19Dec09

Tip off 7pm which is 9.30 here .. crazy.
Anyways - Burston, of course, will make a big difference this time, and Herbert plays with agression, should be enough to win tonight, even though we don't normally win in Perth and wait for the return game here. But tonite is a little different,you see.

Topic #21893 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

Burston will have his handful with Schneshecher(I know spelt wrong I couldnt remember it). This might nullify him a bit. Should be a good game this one, anyone know if its on Fox will have to position myself in the pub to watch it.

Reply #261927 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

Perth by 15, for obvious reasons. Hope 6ers show something though.

Reply #261928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skud the game is live on fox 3 9.30pm adelaide time

Reply #261929 | Report this post

tipo  
Years ago

perth 94 adelaide 75

Reply #261930 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Awww, 9:30pm. It is a lot less crazier than watching the majority of games at 4:30pm in the middle of summer.

Reply #261931 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Well I guess I can watch a bit of the number 24 spectacular while I'm waiting.

Reply #261932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John GILCHRIST v Damian MARTIN - One is an offensive terrier, one a defensive terrier. Mix up his jumpers and drives and JG will be his usual self, however Marto will never give in.
Nathan HERBERT v Kevin LISCH - Herbert will give his all on defense and shoot the 3 with confidence but if Lisch is aggressive and willing to attack he will win the battle.
Darren NG v Stephen WEIGH - Weigh has a huge size advantage and likes to past up a bit. He will be able to shoot over Ng and will be confident. Weigh hs to remember to defend Ng's shooting though.
Adam BALLINGER v Shawn REDHAGE - Both players are horses and capable of offensive explosions. Balls has been in form of late and Redhage has been able to settle and let his team mates make plays.
Matthew BURSTON v Luke SCHENSCHER - Schenscher is a batter player and should be abe to attack Burston inside however whoever stays out of foul trouble will excel.

Reply #261933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeeeea! It's gonna BE ONNNNNN!!!!

Reply #261936 | Report this post

Happy Gilmore  
Years ago

We needed those two 3's after a few sloppy turnovers.

Reply #261937 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Groves must go . He is lost out there .

Reply #261938 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Good start of course - not so good when starters are sitting

Reply #261939 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I disagree about Tez being lost - he wasn't being stupid, he was moving the ball ran an extremely good pick and roll with Burston and also played great D.

Without Tez who would we use to spell Gilchrist?

Reply #261940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

groves with turnovers and four missed free throws. Just leave him to be drinks boy

Reply #261941 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Bizzy.....his replacement.

Reply #261943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cortez just needs to attack and dunk on somebody, something to get his confidence back

Reply #261944 | Report this post

Happy Gilmore  
Years ago

C'mon Tez, if you're gonna blow kisses to the crowd, you need to make baskets like that!

Reply #261945 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

For the f'n love of GOD - CUT CORTEZ. ENOUGH! FFS! You're more than a liability!

Reply #261946 | Report this post

shotclock  
Years ago

The heat over there has all the players doing a LYNX advert!!
We just need Gilly,Burston ,Balls combining and we will win this one .Luke is in foul trouble and will only come out at the end now.
Perth 42-39 half time

Reply #261947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good to see the boys are making a game of it

Reply #261948 | Report this post

At the half  
Years ago

correct me if I am wrong but it looked like scott had this group on the court

Ng
Cooper
Groves
Burston
Hill

this group should never be on the floor together

Reply #261949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like cortez is getting a few shots in down the stretch. just need to build his confidence

Reply #261950 | Report this post

At the half  
Years ago

9, Brad Hill, turnover ballhandling

"Where is Balls?"

Reply #261951 | Report this post

Happy Gilmore  
Years ago

Still cringe when Brad Hill drives in traffic.

Reply #261952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i cringe when he comes on court. he is a hog

Reply #261953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

score?

Reply #261954 | Report this post

At the half  
Years ago

75 - 67 adel are up

Reply #261955 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

up 8 2.24 to go

Reply #261956 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

up 10 2mins left

Reply #261957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Credit where credit is due Cortez has had a good last quarter

Reply #261958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

huge win for us in the context of our season. Was a good team win with lots of contributers

Reply #261959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks guys appreciate it

Reply #261960 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

very nice win by the boys, unexpected on my behalf but very well done.

Reply #261961 | Report this post

At the half  
Years ago

in the end it looks like good coaching with the rotations, went with Cortez over Ng at the end.

Used Cooper while Burston had a break and then Burston came back in for the last 8 minutes or so

Left Hill on the bench to cheer them on

Reply #261962 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

who are you and what have you done with adelaide?

Reply #261963 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

i dunno why i am asking this and not sure if i wanna know the answer, nor does it affect anything to do with how he plays basketball,but is Kevin Lisch gay?

Reply #261964 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Back it up on wed!

Reply #261965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To beat two out of the best three teams in a week is a top effort and even better with this one being in perth

Reply #261966 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Cortez looked like he was getting a bit of confidence back. 11 points (5/9 shooting), 5 rebounds, 4 assists & 1 turnover. Plus some pretty good D. Can't really complain if he was putting that up every week.

Reply #261967 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Coretez massive last quarter, fantastic!

Reply #261968 | Report this post

At the half  
Years ago

i dunno why i am asking this and not sure if i wanna know the answer, nor does it affect anything to do with how he plays basketball,but is Kevin Lisch gay?

Stupid question - it's none of your business

Reply #261969 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We have a secret weapon - Matthew Burston a super being from another planet.
Herbert of course so under rated.
A little bit of Cooper and Groves in the end.
Ng Hill Holmes - quiet.
Ballinger and Gilchrist of course.

Reply #261970 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

awesome win, Tez huge in last qtr. I love how Gilly draws so many fouls of the dribble...
Burston big difference when in full flight! can't wait till Wednesday.

Reply #261971 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

hooray!!

Reply #261972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 points for Burston in great form, Ballinger got some massive blocks and..

19-16 3rd quarter and a !!!24-12!!! last quarter for the 36ers!

Reply #261973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gilly is a keep for sure. Young, strong and enthusiastic.

Redhage took way too many jumpers. 1-8 3-PT ?
Catt was taking outrageous shots, Weigh the same
Lisch was silent, as was Robbins and Marto.

Tez looks at his best when he plays solely as a reserve to Gilly

Reply #261974 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like it's 4 years since our last win in Perth vide nbl game PREview.

Reply #261976 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Did we just play FOUR QUARTERS on THE ROAD???

What a win!

Balls great all-round game. Don't know what's gotten into him but he's chasing blocks all over the place and I love it.

Burston with a huge impact again.

Gilchrist had his best defensive game of the season and out-rebounded EVERY WILDCAT.

Tez back into some solid form.

Glad that one was on Foxtel, brilliant stuff.

...but, guess who was reffing again! Hedgehog! How can someone get EVERY out-of-bounds call incorrect??? Surely 50% is a given!?! Dude is a joke.

DJ Rod, no he has a girlfriend, Shawn Redhage.

That ad with all the Perth players shirtless was just embarassing! Plus the rim was obviously lowered for those dunks.

Reply #261977 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Oh and props to Herbert too. Unfreakinbelievable Defence and some nice work at the other end as well.

Reply #261978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HaHaHa! YESSSS! You little beauty sixers! tez got up, balls was his usual self, burston is proving worth the wait and as a team WE GOT IT DONE! Well done sixers! well done!

Reply #261979 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I dunno why i am asking this and not sure if i wanna know the answer, nor does it affect anything to do with how he plays basketball,but is Kevin Lisch gay?

Stupid question - it's none of your business

Unless he wants to ask him out? ;)

Sure it's none of his business, as is alot of stuff that is talked about players on this forum, why should his sexuality be any different.

Topic has been brought up in this household too DJRod. Jury's still out.

Reply #261980 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Great game I listened on perth radio and it was an excellent coverage.
Sounde like an allover great team performance.
Nice to see cortez pick up and contribute.
Commentaters thought his and Coops contibutions in the last quarter was what gave us the extra edge.
Looking forward to wednessday!

Reply #261981 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Big win from the boys! The true test now is whether they can capitalise and beat Perth again at home on Wednesday! Nice to see Groves with a return to form and it appears Burston is finally having the impact we hoped for at the start of the season!

Reply #261982 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

On to the win - fantastic 4 qtrs, passion, commitment, desire. The guys had fiery from the get go and got it done.

Everyone contributed well and people played their roles and within their means.

For me tough call but I really liked Herb tonight, his usual tough ass defense but his smarts and movement off the ball in offense and his court vision is outstanding.

Great all round effort by the guys, now to bring a committed 4 quarters next Wed when they will be out for revenge and then keep it rolling!

Reply #261983 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Another thing to note was the defensive commitment as a team was superb, sure the Wildcats took some pretty poor offensive options in the fourth but the defense was committed throughout the game!

Reply #261984 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

christ you guys are fickle. a few days ago you were calling for everyones heads. gillys too slow, tez is too crap, we need a real centre... pfft.

Reply #261985 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Great to read about a victory tonight and pleased to read we've won on the road. Let's back it up Wednesday night at home.

Reply #261986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Four games on Fox in three weeks for the 36ers!

Getting some value back atleast :D

Reply #261987 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Just got back from the game.If you guys remember, i said you guys will turn it around after the Breakers game. look i allways knew Adelaide is quality.
Some thoughts

NG is you're best post entery and pick&roll passer. he is also very smart player off the ball.

Ballinger must have got 6 or 7 blocks i thught. not only that, he probaly effected and alterd alot more shots. he might be the most underrated player in the league. such a great low post scorer as well.

Burston the feel good comeback. he was killing us on the offensive glass and got a few nice buckets by gillys dribble penetration. he looks great. touch wood he stays healthy.

Gilly was fantastic. he attacked the boards really well. Robbins and Martyn put alot of Physical pressure on him, but he came through with flying numbers.

Groves with instrumental in that 4th quarter run. that jumper he hit over Schenscher just lifted the whole 6ers team. he shut alot of he's detractors tonight.

Holmes is a offensive rebounding machine. he is'nt the biggest bloke out there, but the way he gets he's hands on almost offensive rebounds is amazing.just a great rebounder.

Herbet was the most underrated player tonight,. he's defense on Weigh and Cattalini was First Class.they had no breathing room when he was on them. especially Weigh

Overral, i think Perth is in a major form slump as the 3 losses in the last 5 games indicates. but thats taking nothing from adelaide. i thought that was the best of any team i've seen at the jungle for a long time. the 6ers are for real if they continue to play with that urgencylike they did tonight.

Reply #261988 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Game on boys and girls. It's amazing how the team is so different with big bird

Reply #261994 | Report this post

SAD  
Years ago

Cats Fan......you are class!!
To give a wrap like that when your own team took a loss is great.
Shame a heap of other posters here cannot act like you.
Personally would love to see a Perth Sixers GF

Reply #261995 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

The Adelaide front court kept Adelaide in the game, basket for basket,
but once the tempo sped up towards the end of the 3rd quarter the 36ers edged ahead.

Tez was a lot more comfortable in a faster game,
and impressed.

Reply #261996 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Massive win. Had a very rowdy house cheering.

Groves with instrumental in that 4th quarter run. that jumper he hit over Schenscher just lifted the whole 6ers team. he shut alot of he's detractors tonight.

If an import can play one reasonable - not standout - but one reasonable qtr in 10 games, does that qualify as shutting up his detractors? I don't care how cheap he came. As I said to Burdon Fri night - you can do everything Tez can do with a lot more benefits.

Reply #261997 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

The quote thingy didn't work before "Groves" and ending at "Tonight".

Reply #261999 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

50 points in the paint!!!! What Sixers team is this???
Hey Cats Fan. Was Galen Young signed as an assistant coach?
Between Lisch, Cat and Weigh, 6 of 30. Probably not going to beat anyone shooting that poorly.
Wow this race for playoff 4 is anyone of 6 teams.

Reply #262001 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

what happened? props sixers on a complete game in a hostile enviroment

Reply #262002 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Loco, Groves has been the subject of many calling for his scalp. He hasn't shown any of his glorious side of 3 years ago until the last quarter last night. If this is a sign of reversing the confidence that simply hasn't been there all season, is it really a time to continue with calling for his scalp? I say sit it out and wait and see a bit more. Its hard to make changes now when the Sixers look like they have turned a corner. Would you really disrupt this run they are having? Ninnis just needs to monitor him carefully and play him accordingly. If this is indeed a sign that Groves has found his long lost confidence, then its not too late to make good use of it. If its not, then the season end is not too far away.

Reply #262004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with Loco and EC re Groves yes he had a average game and will get a reprieve from most .
But did he play outstanding no as his stats in his best game are well down on average expect from import.
His he back even in this game those shots and turnovers and dont tell me it was one because that is b---s---t. How about the alley oop that fell in off his body as he did not catch it.
Any way if he can play consistent solid games then I will be happy as that will get good results for us.
This team now is playing together and with passion it is great to see even if win or lose know putting it out there.
Scotty coached well and has them organized and rewarded players playing well .
And he rewarded Cooper in 3rd and last and as a knocker of Coops have to say he did a great job .
But it is Burston that is the catalyst for this team revival.
His dominance has made Gillys game better and Ballinger has become a monster in offence and defence.
Someone said prefer Schens. over Burston but dont agree keep Burston fit is a better all round player for our club.
Great win

Reply #262008 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would always take urston over Schenscher, he is one of the most underrated players in the comp, alot of what he does wont show up on the stats sheet.

As for Groves, that was probably his 6th best game of the season, but if he can create that spark and not commit turnovers, that is exactly what Sixers need.

The entry into the offence was much better tonight and brought the big guys into the game more.

Reply #262011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i agree, Burston fully fit is going to change the team dynamics big time...

Good to see the players really playing with heart...
Liam Finn I think has a lot to do with team enthusiasm....

Change of line up is really working too...

Reply #262012 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Totally agree with cats fan in reference to Ng's passing. It was exceptional! For a shooter of that calibre to be able to pass the ball like that is quite phenomenal.

Reply #262014 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Ng's stats last night 6 assists no turnovers. Fantastic!

Reply #262015 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

expect cortez to take off from there, he started to feel it, with him and burston improving we are a 15 point a night better team and much better defensive too.

Reply #262016 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Im with Loco cut Tez now. He got a lucky ally-oop, got stripped in the 4th and had the ball fall right back into his hands, hit a lucky shot that he should never have taken over Schenscher, got a chest pass from a perth player for a lay up I still thought he'd miss.

Ever heard the saying better to be lucky than good? The sun shined on the dog's ass last night, he is still garbage.

The minute he hits one or two in a row (rare I know) he feels he has a licence to jack anything he wants. He refuses to go to the hole and throws up off balance threes, might as well count them as turnovers. Id rather Burdon any day of the week.

Anybody else feel ripped off having to pay to see Cortez play? I really wish the next game I pay to see Groves in, he is playing for any team but the 36ers. He has to be the worst import in club history, if not prove me wrong?

Reply #262024 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Better than Mike Chappell and Jo Jo English for mine. Probably ahead of Paris McCurdy too. On a par with Tyndale?

Reply #262026 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Sad you're Welcome mate.

Bill, Young should be cleared for the game in Adelaide on Wednesday. the Paper work should be in the clear anyday now.

AK-47, NG is a great passer. Adelaide should use him more as a Post entery passer.

Reply #262027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm still not convinced on the coaching panel....

Reply #262028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul, Groves is not playing better than Chappell and saying he's on par with what Tyndale did is absolutely absurd. I'd take Jo Jo over Groves too. You spent the whole off-season pumping up Groves and now start pimping the guy again when he has one game where he didn't humiliate himself (even putting aside him going 0-4 on FT's).

How did you like him blowing the Perth fans a kiss after he hit that three? Pathetic.

Reply #262032 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I think the kiss to the crowd is being blown up a fair bit. I'm pretty sure it was more a case of one particular Perth fan behind the basket heckling him just before he hit that shot, and Tez blowing a kiss to him once he hit it, rather than a shot at the whole crowd.

Yeah I forgot to say, that alley-oop from Ninja to Tez looked like it never touched Tez at all. I thought it should've been a 3 to Ng but we didn't get a replay and it wasn't even discussed by the refs.

I'd also just like to mention that I just traded for Matty Burston in DT last week when he was $64,000. 98pts baby! Thankyou, thankyou, you're so kind.

Reply #262034 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I seem to recall Groves mentioned by NBL in contention for player of the week , once or twice.
Doubt this was his best sixers game therefore.
Anyways - Chappell got 35 in Singapore and Tyndale won a coupla games for us. At the moment is our worst, even so off the bench for mine 'cause there's a bit there- looks a bit better than Burdon to me,of course.

Reply #262037 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

No way is Groves better than JoJo English. If anyone id say its a toss up between Jeff Brown and Groves for worst Sixers import ever.

Reply #262038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeff Brown have to agree with that, early 90's wasn't he?

Reply #262041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

btw Boti will be on RPH tomorrow morning at 8:30am.

Reply #262046 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

from memory Jeff Brown was 96-97. We replaced him with Willie Simmons for the remainder of the season.

Reply #262049 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

The Supposed kiss nothing major. i've seen players from other teams do worse. remember Sammy MaC's middle finger salute?

Reply #262051 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I must try to listen to boti , since there's been no basketball on news adelaidenow since friday morning and there's been a few games,Hodge getting cut and the like, since then.

Reply #262052 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

EC: Pretty sure Tez is going nowhere, so agreed, best we can do is support him and hope his confidence gets back. Was glad to see him play well in the 4th. Hope it continues.

Reply #262066 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Willie Simmons, oh boy could he block shots. He was an amazing Shot blocker.

Reply #262070 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great win. Well done by the team (plus Breakers won in Melbourne too(. The ladder is still choked up and anything could happen from here.

Reply #262083 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Hopefully there's an up and down game again on Wednesday. Always love the Perth v. Adelaide rivalries; regardless of place on the ladder, both teams seem to match up perfectly when they play.

Props to the Perth crowd btw. Might not be able to get the numbers of the Adelaide crowd but certainly lead the league (w/ Townsville) with the atmosphere you generate.

Would be nice to see more butts in seats and more support behind the local team. Think we're that into BBall around here; it takes alot to get the crowds going.

Anywho; great match to watch.

Reply #262084 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Willie was awesome! Remember seeing him at my first ever NBL game in 1987 and just being amazed at his height (I was about 4 foot at the time!). The highlight of my 'career' is shooting a teardrop over Willie - of course he was about 50 by then!

Reply #262087 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was Boti on rph just then. Talked a bit about the players meeting then a Gold Coast win and a win in perth! HE thought Groves found a bitta from in Perth and Luke's heart wasn't in it .
(ADL offered Luke a contract with outclauses but declined it - made a mistake).
And was still talking about Hodge playing and Anstey will take time.

Reply #262096 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Talking blocks how good was Ballingers blocks on sat night his workload and team passion last few games been awaesome.
Keep Burston injury free as with him we have a team without him we have 10 players running around the court. Defenitely greater value than Schens as a all round player.
Have been a critic of Cooper selection in team and then posters views he was doing a team role .
Well that was their imagination but on Sat night he was very strong in the minutes was given and at crucial time as well. Well done Coops.
But agree with other posters that Groves had a lucky game and trying to be positive about him because they wont change him now ,but like vannexe views, everything about way plays the game annoys me totally and spoils my watching my team.
Look at the alley oop on replay if got .
He didnt even catch it , I think it came of his shoulder .
But to see Sixers play with passion and teamwork now is great and can only lead to good things

Reply #262101 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw - and you could ask Boti 2 questions and he could talk for 2 hours. Anyways - 'previous seasons anyteam could fluke an unlikley away win. But this season definatley any team can win at any venue and I don't write off ANY team.'

( seems Groves could come off the bench and do a few good things and annoy a lotta hoops fans)

Reply #262103 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

CAN NOT believe i was away for this game, first time in the 4 years ive been in the West that we have missed a game.. and its the first time we have beaten the filthy cats.. and i missed it.

Still crying :(

Reply #262135 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754