J. Bieber
Years ago

Umpire snaps, punches whinging fan in the face

With all the recent ref bashing post's lately are we close to a referee snapping like this guy in QLD??

I hope not.

http://linky.com.au/g8dae

Topic #23403 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If BSA dont put proper supervisory people in stadiums each night of competition to support the referee's then it just maybe closer than you expect.To expect the elderly ladies at the door or the young kids to effectively sort out altercations, hot heads or legitimate complaints.Why stadium managers hours arent when the stadiums are open, I dont know.

Reply #283343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because there's one stadium manager looking after 3 stadiums.

because in the old days UICs were adults and good referees themselves not teenagers or yound adults who never had enough talent as a referee to get anywhere

because BSA see social as a money maker and nothing else.

and of the 4 current stadium managers BSA has only one has any basketball knowledge anyway

Reply #283349 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Hmmmm looks like I am qualified for a Stadium Manager - 30 years playing, which included about 20 years Coaching and 20 years Umpiring but the most important qualification 15 years of karate training and a Black Belt

Reply #283428 | Report this post

Gravity Man  
Years ago

BSA is a money saver,nowadays few older UIC around and younger kids not even Level One standard are doing the job,especially at Wayville,Tues ,Wed and Thurs.They bring Younger UIC n therefore bring out younger referees their mates ,green shirters etc.Pasadena ok Hillcrest OK elsewhere dont know.

Reply #283477 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754