Jonno
Years ago

Jeff Dowdell for NBL Most Improved Player

I know we are less than half way through the season, but for me Jeff Dowdell should be right up there in MIP, atleast at this stage.

Most people laughed at us when we signed him, Clarke held strong and said he will be a big improvement on Cooper the man he is replacing, and has proven true.

I personally wasnt too upset with the signing at the time, but wasnt excited either, but could see what Clarke was thinking given he is like 24 years of age and averages in the range of 20 and 10 in the SEABL, not too many do better than that who are not allready in the NBL. Great to see he has come on strong this season, given us a breath of fresh air and some toughness, and he has my vote for MIP!

Topic #24442 | Report this topic

pwned  
Years ago

Oscar Forman

Reply #298236 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

He could be MIP because he is playing well but he was highly underrated and laughed at when u guys signed him. Dude can play!

Reply #298245 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea i bet the crocs would now rather have him than Ben Allen now, they are both around the same age, to me Dowdell is playing heaps better from what i have seen.

Reply #298248 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

Very high Basketball IQ, from all reports, this helps when you play for Clarke and Radford.

Reply #298260 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

As I have said in other threads I have been delighted with Dowdell's play. For the moment though, Forman would be MIP, certainly if you compare last year to this year (Oscar has previously had much better seasons than last year though).

Reply #298262 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Dowdell has been doing a great support job for the team, but Forman is the outright leader atm. He's nearly doubling his averages from the season before.

Reply #298264 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Dowdell is the throes of winning it, if he gets another minute or so on court.

Reply #298273 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Forman is far and away MIP! Is he starting for Woll because he could get 6th man too...

Dowdell is a better player now than Allen but he's a prospect for the future for sure!

Reply #298282 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

I agree that Oscar Forman is the top contender at the minute, but I think it will depend on if he can keep this form up when Gruber returns from injury.

Reply #298289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Dowdell is a better player now than Allen but he's a prospect for the future for sure!"

They were born in the same year...

Reply #298302 | Report this post

Taipans man  
Years ago

against the Taipans Foreman was about as effective as sneezing on a forest fire.

MIP maybe of it meant Most Inconsistent Player

Reply #298310 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

*Forman

First bad game since what? Round 2?

MIP.

Reply #298311 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Forman's form is due alot to having Erwin providing him the ball at the right time. Not to take anything away from Forman though, hes finally being allowed to play his natural strenghts with a strong PG who draws the D away from him leaving him for an open shot. He has MASSIVELY improved on his rebounds aswell.

Reply #298347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754