Phantom
Years ago

Lebron's new crib in Miami

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1338291/LeBron-James-new-9-million-8-bed-8-bath-mansion-screening-room-infinity-pool-private-dock-sea-views.html

Topic #24543 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Nice place. I know $9 million sounds expensive, but in the world of the super rich that actually seems like a decent price for an insane beachside mansion in Miami. By comparison this Adelaide house sold for $6 million and it doesn't look anywhere near as flash as LeBron's crib.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/property/news/gilberton-manson-sells-for-6m/story-e6frefgc-1225934032962

Houses on Sydney Harbour regularly go for more than $9 million.

Reply #300144 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

That is pretty good for Miami.

Australia is heavily over-priced and inflated with housing prices anyway.

Reply #300164 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

too many gold diggers in real estate in australia.

making it impossible for future generations

Reply #300191 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

no kidding, the house around the corner from me sold for $1.5m. did i mention it is a house? not a mansion hell its not even real big.. just a house

use to be back in the day someone would make a reference to a ridiculous amount of money, it was called a million dollars.

kinda of reminds me of that scene in austin powers where dr evil asks for a million dollars at threat of destroying the world and they laugh at him.

$9mill, if you were to add up his sponsor deals and divided it between 82 games in the season, im sure that and his salary would take him what 5 games to pay that house off?

Reply #300213 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah you can get a very good house for $1 million in the USA. Also you can buy a brand new Porsche Boxster for about $50k there.

Perhaps that $9 Million is just for his mum or future in laws as he seems to also own this $50 million house in Miami. That sounds more like it.

http://www.ozonemag.com/2010/07/18/lebron-james-new-50-million-dollar-miami-mansion/

Reply #300229 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Housing in the USA used to be as expensive if not more so than in Australia. Since the GFC housing in the USA has absolutely plummted, you can buy a $1mill house for under $500k right now. No doubt in my mind this place would have gone for ALOT more a few years ago.

Reply #300243 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There was a story recently about a guy who bought 19 shop fronts on a main street of a failing (NY state or nearby) town for $1m, and then renovated for another $1m and starting turning the town around. Can't see that being done in Australia. Even if you got that sort of pricing, it'd be for bare dirt (maybe in an absolute ghost town with no services), and then no tradie would even return your call to handle the renovation out in the bush.

Reply #300245 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Supposedy the house is not in/on South Beach hence why it isn't worth as much as what people thought..It is in a different neighbourhood.
Furthermore, the house probably didn't reach what it could have because it is in a hurrican flood zone--or a zone prone to serious flooding.

Such a beautiful Eddie house. hahaha.

Reply #300268 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

The folks bought their first house in SA for about $60k.

Had the money been available back in the day, they could have bought the whole street for around 1 million.

Each block on the street is worth about 450k each now. If you sublet each block and put 2 flats on them installed, that comes up to about 800k.

So technically the parents could be rolling in the dough now.

Unfortunately 60k back in 1982 equates to around 300k nowadays, so it's not like any commoner could really afford to do a whole street at any time.

Reply #300376 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

My house was recently valued at a million....It's really not that difficult with current prices in Melbourne.

Reply #300429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754