AllStars?
Years ago

Sydney Kings vs Waratah All-Stars?

Just watched the footage on Youtube of this "game". Not anywhere near a realistic display of what should have been a good match-up. Exactly what was the criteria to be selected in the Waratah All-Star team?
Anyone who actually watched the Waratah league this season would know that most of the guys who played against the Kings were not "All-Star" calibre players.
Where was Ben Arkell? The guy who scored 30 on the Kings the last time a waratah team played against them (A full strength Kings with 2 imports). Where was Troy Pilon? Tyson Demos? Marcus Vanderheide? BJ Carter? Blake Borgia? Michael Seckold? Steven Whitehead? Lachlan Kirwan?
Admittedly Stefan Blazcynski and Goran Veg had every right to be on the court, but where on earth did they scrape up the rest of the team.
Any full strength Waratah team would have cleaned up the "All-Stars" by 20 points without much trouble.
All the Kings have done here is win a few fans on the Central Coast of NSW, helping to convince them that Moose knows what he is doing.
I am a huge Kings fan, but I am also a Waratah League fan and I know that this game was rigged right from the start.

Topic #26223 | Report this topic

hooper112  
Years ago

true

Reply #329267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of the people that actually made the all star 5 for the year even played in the game!! If they did they might of beaten the kings thats probably why none were asked

Reply #329274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moose didnt wanna travel to play any serious opposition.

Reply #329295 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754