Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

ABL Round 6 - Rockets v Mavericks

With eastern's guard still possibly under self-imposed sidelining, and rockets internal bickering i think this game will prove to be a very close match-up. Neither team can claim to be consistent, but both teams have talent to burn.

Anyone else's thoughts on this match-up.

Note: great to see the women get the prime timeslot, hopefully the crowd (whatever people can fit in hillcrest) stick around for the womens game.

--

These games should be close i'm tipping. In the women's, using South as the Barometer, Eastern beat and North lost (by one???).

In the men, North may have too much size and experience (assuming they use it) for eastern, however both teams have been hot cold this season so it could go either way.

Any other thoughts?

(Mod: Sorry, one of the mods accidentally deleted the thread by mistake, so I've had to manually put it back together. Sorry if any posts are misattributed to incorrect authors.)

Topic #2646 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see who will match up on the 2nd 'big' for North. Trebilcock will take Kent or Hambour, but who will guard the other?

I'd say North will get the points, but their guards will need to play tight D on Davis & ecis. If either of them get going, it could be interesting.

Great for the ladies to get the prime slot, though I don't think it will be a fantastic game. Although, South beat North by 1, and Eastern just beat South last week. I know that's not an overly accurate theory to go by, which is why I'm tipping North comfortably.

Reply #29886 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

for eastern's other big guy, it would have to be the young and fiery Brad Bungey (stamford Acadamy), or Meat Truck Nik campbell. I am tipping 3 T's and 2 unsportsmanlike's for the game, as for the result, i'll call tails.

I will be watching young Cayla Francis in the womens, hoping she can keep up her solid form. Big wraps (raps??...) for a young player, hope her run continues, but i think your right Hoop Addict, North may be too strong over the court in the womens from Eastern.

Reply #29887 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

"3 T's and 2 unsportmanlike's" any tips on who'll get them monkey.

at least you didn't call side! ha ha ha!

Reply #29888 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

T foul 1 - North Big guy.
T foul 2 - B.Bungey
Unsports 1 - Nik Campbell
Unsports 2 - Hambour/Kent (retaliation, whoever cops the most elbows)
T Foul 3 - Bench T, i call heads.

Any one else care to make a wager? ITA, which ABL game will have the hounour of your presence?

Reply #29889 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

monkey if it's as close, physical and intense as you say, i might see this game! could be entertaining... I thought you call tails?

That is if i can get into that tiny hillcrest stadium, any more than 5 spectators and they put a sold out sticker on the door. BA HA HA!

Reply #29891 | Report this post

stella artois  
Years ago

is Joel back playing?

Reply #29920 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

stella,

I think that is what Dr D meant when he said

"With eastern's guard still possibly under self-imposed sidelining"

so i'm guessing no?

but could be wrong.

Reply #29922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Close monkey... 2 T's to hambour... thought hambour and campbell might have helped you out in the unsportsmanlike chesting on the block there.

Reply #30379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754