BALLER#3
Years ago

Booing the Sixers

Anyone 36ers fan who boos there team should be ashamed of themselves no matter how they play. I am disgusted at the so called "fans" who jump straight to booing after only 3 regular season games...

Yeah it was a blow out, but booing isnt going to solve the problem, you just make your selves look bad.

Anyone who boos is not a true fan!

Topic #26653 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

And consistently bag the players all the time.

Reply #335906 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I didnt boo, was to furiously storming out of the building...but perhaps people were booing our WOEFUL coach.

This isnt under 10's people need to be accountable when they play shit and the crowd only have one way of showing the players they are pissed off with them..what else do you expect them to do, pat them on the back and tell them it was a great performance see you next week??
That works with kids while they are little (screws them in a few years but!) but it doesnt work with adults.

Im sick of hearing "its only 3 games in" NO its not..its the EXACT same bullshit we saw LAST season with a whole new team..get that into your heads, different season same dumb errors

Reply #335911 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

look i agree with the whole sack clarke idea, but booing your own team your supposed to support isnt right. Clarke has done his bit (and Failed epicly) now its someone elses turn to come and run the team (maher?) but for now there is no use in booing.

Reply #335912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no use in booing? lol mate im considering buying tickets solely to boo... lol. the 6ers been in shambles for years, about time the fans show they are dissappointed and demand more from a once great franchise.

Reply #335915 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

for 320 dollars for 14 games or whatever it is, to which we will struggle to win half, i can understand why people are booing.

people are booing because we are guaranteed changes and being ready to make a dash at the finals, but then once the season starts its the same bloody story. I dont have a ticket this year because i cant get to any home game, but i can understand why everyone is pissed off. nothing to look forward to. everyone would have been better spending there money on the pokies

Reply #335917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/soft-touch-sixers-heading-for-wooden-spoon/story-e6frect3-1226173970179

Reply #335918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Booooooooo!!!!!!! How else are they going to get it they are pathetic can't believe I wasted my hard earned money on a fukin season ticket again. Iv been a patient long time season ticket holder and Iv had enough can't be bothered anymore I'm over it. There is this thing called heart, use it.

Reply #335920 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I didnt boo, but i was ok with the fans that did. Not everyone uses the internet to voice their opinion, and although it may be a nice ideal to always be nice to your team/orgnaization, booing exists in sports at the pro level, ask the New York Knicks. when you play like we do, the frustrations will always boil over, perhaps you could offer the fans a stress ball upon entry? Maybe that'll relieve some of the boo'ers? Team plays bad, fans will boos in sport, owners eventually listen, and things get changed...for better or worse. I wouldnt do it, but i actually am ok with the fans that do, shows they still have passion, even if its negative. As long as they have passion they will come through the doors and the 6ers will stay relevant on some level.

Reply #335921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owners won't do anything can't make 8 changes to the roster now people, time for someone to come in a buy this club off these peanuts and turn it into a real team firstly by employing NBL standard players, I pay good money to watch this rubbish I will booooooo if I want to and anyone tells me otherwise will get a fat lip

Reply #335922 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Personally I think the Sixers have some pretty good talent on the team DJ, Ballinger, ng, Creek, Crosswell, Weigh plus one good import. Would be happy for the Crocs to have any of those guys on our roster, they are obviously not buying into the system (could be a dud system mind you). Don't think talent is the issue here - J Holmes 17points 14 boards in Crocs loss last night, he hasn't suddenly got more talented in the off season!

Reply #335924 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

kr no body is saying you dont have good talant, we do. On paper we look awesome but on court we are shit.

Booing your team just shows how passionate you are, does not mean you hate the team, it means you expect more from them which is what we were promised pre season from the coach & players

Reply #335925 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Its not a lack of loyalty that causes people to boo their team. Its the frustration of seeing the same shit all over again. Its not merely 3 games into the season its a full season plus 3 games that this nonsense from the coach is being tolerated. The team has changed but the coach and results stay the same. I think it would be nice for the owners to write an article on the 36ers website addressing the fans concerns and genuinely saying what they are doing about it. I don't mean a whole lot of sugar coated dribble but put your money where your mouth is type of comments.

I don't know how many people on this forum attend the after game interviews but after every game Clarke says exactly the same thing. "The team trained really hard this week". "They are all passionate about their club and want to succeed". Whats the point in saying the same things and then bring about the same result next game? What's the point in training hard when the training is not based on how you are going to tackle individual opponents? I doubt Clarke does any scouting of the opposition and design the coaching for the week on ways to tackle that team. If he does, he is doing a bloody lousy job of it. It very much looks like the 36ers are in a little world of their own with no outside influences. Going out on court for them is like going into a another country where you don't speak their language. They look like a bunch of lost little boys.

Booing is not an anti support gesture. If you didn't support your team, you wouldn't be there to boo.

Reply #335927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 3 games in and looking at 0-5 in the next to games that's why people are saying changes need to be made. If your that Nieve to think this will turn around you have no idea. We are in serious trouble. We got smashed by the 2nd worst team in the nbl.

Reply #335928 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

EC & anon are spot on. we are in strife

Reply #335929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Booing the team isn't the problem. People not turning up is going to prove the problem.

The high number of die hard fans I know who have not renewed their season tickets this season after 20 odd years of support is alarming.

People I speak to feel so passionately as to refuse to acknowledge the SOS owned/Clarke lead Adelaide team as the 36ers but rather some budget ABA team playing in the NBL.

Others who do still go say they are going for the comedy value not to go and watch good ball.

It's not just the losing but the fact we are losing at a time where opposition teams are not overly talented in their own right.

Teams like Cairns and Wollongong have not had more talent over the last few years. Just better coached and play with more heart.

Clarke would want us to believe that the loss to Perth was acceptable as if they are the Dream Team. The Perth team had nothing in terms of talent compared with teams of the past like the Titans, Kings, Tigers, etc.

I have read post after post during the off season about us recruiting a team full of arguably the worst individual defenders in the league. Why if it is obvious to the fans is it not obvious to the coaches or owners.

How can anyone justify the signing of Crosswell when we obviously weren't going to contend for a championship. Either give Daly those minutes or if the coaches don't rate him as having long term NBL potential then cut him even from the development squad and sign a young pg who they think does.

Also, why do Clarke and Radford have full control over recruiting? He's a rookie NBL coach with an inexperienced assistant (as opposed to Breheny to was a NBL championship winning head coach).

It annoys me that we have missed out on exciting imports who would have at least made the team exciting because Clarke supposedly doesn't like their attitude.

From a business standpoint if we had a Homicide Williams more tickets would be sold and more money made. Find a Leon Trimmingham human highlight film PF to go with him and at least the home games would be more exciting.

We are only going backwards. I assume that this year SOS will lose even more money meaning next year will be more of the same.

Not to mention I assume that some of the consortium must be questioning their decision to buy a team that gets booed and mocked. What does it say when a Richard Hill must be laughing his son is playing for Cairns rather than his own team!!

Reply #335930 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Pretty sure Mark Radford has enough experience and has won a championship already

He recruited Sean Redhage and Kevin Lisch to Oz

Reply #335933 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Adelaide crowds should try and lift the team a bit more during games instead of groaning when things start going wrong. However, to lose your first two home games by so much, and obviously not show the heart fans would expect, I think it is fair enough if they were booed after the game.

What they have dished up isnt good enough.

Reply #335934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly fair enough if they're booed in all of our everyday jobs if we aren't upto scratch we lose our jobs these guys r going to be paid for a full year of shit

Reply #335935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly fair enough if they're booed in all of our everyday jobs if we aren't upto scratch we lose our jobs these guys r going to be paid for a full year of shit

Reply #335936 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

KB3 might have hand in bringing good imports to Perth but how good have our imports been since at 36 ers.
Not only well below average but no heart about team or even trying to defend anybody the whole lot of them.
Whats with the midget point guards we get

Reply #335938 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Marty Clarke has been an embarrassing coach before the Sixers even played their first game last season with him with drawing the contract offered to Schenscher! How different things would have been if he hadn't made that major stuff up. That would be the same as someone coming into Apple and saying "No we aren't going to go ahead with this Ipad thing instead lets create some wacky looking laptop"

We should all be thankful to SOS that we still even have a team however now SOS need to be PROACTIVE with Clarke! To me they are just standing by and letting him run his circus that continues to not work.

It has been noted numerous times by Commentators, Reporters and Fans that his continuous subbing routine DOES NOT WORK! Clarke had ALL preseason to watch last years games to see that his way of coaching DOES NOT WORK so I thought he would have grown a brain in the off season but obviously he didn't.

So I can not understand why SOS does not sit down with him and tell him that is not the right way to coach in the NBL. Sure that would be the ultimate insult to a coach having the owners instructing him how to coach but its better to insult the coach rather then insult 5000+ people that have to witness these embarrassing performances.

Reasons not to continuously sub
* It builds momentum
* There is only 40 minutes per game
* Players get continuous consistent minutes and therefore are not rushed to produce. Instead they will play their natural game.
* The players are professional athletes and can run 30 to 40 minutes per game!

Only 8 players should be used:
Johnson, Ballinger, Simpson, Creek, Weigh, Ng, Warren
and the eighth should be either Crosswell or Helliwell. The rest can come on during junk time or if there is 30 seconds left in a quarter.

Booing the team is very acceptable and modern. It is saying the performance and effort was not good enough, this is your last warning if you don't change then we the fans just wont turn up to the games. Hopefully SOS hears this and actually does something about it!

Reply #335939 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

yep signing Schensch is working out real well for the Crocs at the moment

Reply #335942 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Well they did finish 2nd on the ladder last season. I think that is a bit better then 2nd to last as the Sixers finished.

Reply #335945 | Report this post

The Special 1  
Years ago

very true KingJames

Reply #335946 | Report this post

The SOS saved a team to play in Adelaide but they did not save the 36ers.
You need big money to run an ABL team. Big money to get the best coach and for that coach to recruit the best players.
SOS has too many heads. An owner makes decisions, owners form consensus.
There is a team playing ABL out of Adelaide with new faces yearly. The Adelaide team is coached by a man who lacks one ingredient and it is the same ingredient the players lack.
The real 36ers spoiled us but their owners, BASA spoiled basketball and private ownership began in retro city. The old 36ers died but SOS refused to let them die peacefully and resuscitated them and the results speak for themselves.
The game is called basketball, they wear 36ers gear but they are not the 36ers.

Reply #335947 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'll never boo the Sixers, but as a loyal fan for the past two decades and a former season ticket holder for six years; I have the right to shake my head and complain all I want.

Unfortunately for those who would complain that we don't get behind our team enough; it takes two to tango. Back in the day when we were contenders, even on a losing game, the crowd was vocal and was with the team until the end. When your team fails to deliver repeatedly for going close to 7 years now, naturally your crowd won't deliver on their end.

Frankly having some right-winged fans decide to arc up and start singling out people because of what they choose to do in response to a poor outing from their team is just as disgraceful. At the end of the day, whether your shaking your head or booing the club; if you're still supporting the team and going to the games afterwards, then you're still a fan IMO.

Reply #335949 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yep, will never boo the team and will always turn up for the games, but I reserve the right to complain all I want.

Reply #335952 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

To add some perspective, imagine how the owners would feel, perhaps they would like to boo as well.
After all it is their money that supports the team and provides the fans with the opportunity to have an Adelaide team in the NBL.
Most felt that the appointment of Clarke was a good decision. Most posting on here were excited with the recruitment of the team for this season. Look back at past posts for evidence. Weigh was lauded, Warren and Williamson then Simpson were to be great additions, Crosswell and Helliwell were to be great role players, Herbie was just the type of player we needed. Mitch Creek a future star. People I know tell me this is not a cheap team. Most on here were pleased to see Holmes Bruce and Hill leave. Compare their performances at this time to the players that have replaced them.They are in environments where people embrace what they can do and not what they cant. There have been changes to the coaches, significant change to the team every year for a number of years.The team is talented, but has no identity. It needs time and unconditional support.
It has forgotten how to win, just as the fans have forgotten how to be "real fans"
Marty Clarke is under pressure, and should be, thats part of the job. He will be judged on results alone. More change to personell would be a dissaster. A change in attitude from all(fans included) would be a good start to rebuilding this great club. The season is teetering, but not lost.This is the time for the real fans to step up. The team needs you!

Reply #335953 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i like what someone posted earlier -
'playing with heart' is what's missing at 36ers.

the taipans will be lucky to make the top 4 this season but as a team they are all on the same page with the same goal and will protect their home court with their lives.

Reply #335956 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

what i also meant to add to that post was that, i honestly believe that no cairns fan would ever boo their team.......we know they are giving it their best shot every time!!

Reply #335957 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

KB3, when Schenscher returns in about week 7, your naive point will be mute.

Reply #335958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know for a fact that most if not all of the SOS don't read this forum, maybe emails to the CEO and club might get through to them. Also if the club doesn't have a successful season this year we may not have a team next year because the SOS can not and will not continue to put good money after bad into the club.

Reply #335960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one ever said Simpson was a good signing. Cheap quick replacement. If Marty Clark has the mindset that it doesn't matter if we are loosing early games then we might as well have kept Williamson and gave a local player a game because Mottrom would be more valuable than simpson and a lot cheaper. We show no heart coach and players. We can't execute any plays. Not once have a seen Warren ever call a play! It's pass pass shot. I'm not hating on Warren cause I think he is a very good player.

Reply #335961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simpson is highly regarded by a number of other coaches in the NBL.

Reply #335962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be better to have no team out of Adelaide for a year or two until who ever wants to fund one comes along and puts their heart and soul and mega dollars into it. Until then, middle of the road coaches, coaching middle of the road players will continue.

Reply #335963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find that very hard to believe that other coaches rate simpson highly. He came 2nd to a dud import who played at the crocs before getting cut because he was shit! His scouting reports say he can't shoot which he as proven in two games. He can't dribble. I would prefer Jacob holmes than having Simpson. Simpson also played in a league were the height limit is 6"7 so must be a real good comp.

Reply #335967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't Simpson only averaging about 4pts & 3reb a game in Turkey as an import?

Reply #335968 | Report this post

Igotmadskills  
Years ago

Let him get some fitness and then judge. You can't judge by one game as the sixes all played shite. To Me he looked like a big step up from Holmes. He had some big blocks at the rim which Holmes wouldn't. For someone unfit he ran the court pretty well and was actually bringing the ball up at stages. If he hit more free throws he would have had a pretty good stat line in a pretty terrible game so give him time.

Reply #335970 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Simpson played in Turkey for one of their bigger clubs, he was brought in as a back-up import (they are only allowed a certain number on the court at once) and had an injury plagued year.

As far as I know he is a real defensive force at college rather than a big-time scorer. With Ballinger and Johnson as scorers but average defenders he could be what the Sixers need. Too early to tell though.

Reply #335971 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

We need;
1. An offensive structure where we actually run a play, instead of dumping the ball into the post and hoping for the best.

2. Players to rotate defensively and help out their teammates, Why was Warren guarding Kazzouh on a number of occasions? Then trying to guard him from the front instead of basket side?

We actually looked ok when we got steals and were running the break. Tom Daly needs to open his vision a bit more though, Simpson wanted the lob pass a couple of times.

Marty, take the shackles off and let the boys run, if we play instinctively it might kickstart something.

Reply #335974 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Play instinctively (put the ball into the post and freelance or run and gun) or run very structured plays? You seem to be disagreeing with yourself?

Warren might've been fronting because Khazzouh would shoot over him otherwise.

Reply #335977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fact is you'll be 0 an 5 with a return bout against the Kings.

Suffice to say, if you're 0 and 6 i have doubts Clarke will see out the season.

Reply #335982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I seen simpson try and bring the ball up then it got stolen of him. Which I have to ask why wasn't creek who can dribble up the court not at the 3 point line waiting 4 the ball to come down. Yes he can rebound but that's it. Not tall enough to gaurd the 5. There's no point in having him in offense cause teams will just foul him. Its not as if he had a off night at the line his shoot is terrible.

Reply #335987 | Report this post

36ers solja  
Years ago

The MC said on the microphone, "please thank your Adelaide 36ers". Um.... what was there to thank?

I think rightly or wrongly, people who pay good money deserve the right to boo, jeer or complain. Not everybody gets a good paycheck of say 50k or maybe 100k to play basketball and maybe have a smaller job on the side. If this is a professional basketball team, where was the 'professional' part on friday night?

I pay 320 for 14 games, in 2 home games I have seen a dysfunctional unit against Perth but acknowledging Perth are a benchmark team, but then Sydney were below us and we were worse then sub-standard. I expect for 14 games to be entertained, and to win most of those. Given 1/7th of games have been losses, booing is an appropriate way to show your dis-satisfaction. A letter doesnt go far cos unless 300 people write letters, management couldnt care less.

And also, you reckon management cares less about 129 posts regarding the game on friday night in the other thread? U would be kidding if they took note.

So booing is acceptable unless you got a free ticket, period!

Reply #336001 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Run a high screen and roll like every team in the universe does against a man. did it 3 times and we scored 3 times. I have been saying it since Ninnis was the coach but can we stop with the 100 rotations a game - these guys used to play 35 minutes a game when the games were 48 minutes - so why now do guys play 25 minutes.

Reply #336002 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'll never boo the Sixers.

But I don't blame the fans that did.

I love this franchise.

This is incredibly hard to watch.

Reply #336007 | Report this post

Perspective  
Years ago

Read all these threads for a minute.

If you want to boo, boo. Yes you have a right to be dissapointed and annoyed but to say I pay my $300 so I deserve better but I want other people to put all their money in to keep my club alive and make it better for me is probably unfair.

I go upstairs after the games and talk to one of the owners who depsite being angry himself makes himself available to talk to us and in fact even bought me and my mates a drink while having a sensible conversation.

We are entitled to feel frustrated because we all want success but I do not think it is fair to assume without fact that owners and people involved do not care. They hurt and are angry and frustrated as well and just because we do not know what is being done behind closed doors does not mean nothing is being done.

I am grateful to these people that saved our club and speaking to them understand how hard this all is but for us to threaten to pull our $300 while expecting them to keep putting in thousands also does not help.

We boo because of passion, well I can promise they are doing this for the same reasons only on a much greater scale and owners, management and yes even players and coaches hate where they are at as well.

Lets be frustrated but lets be realistic. I like most people on here love this club but I know that so do the very people that are being attacked on here.

Reply #336013 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Booing your team is a whole lot better than abusing them with profanities.

Reply #336140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I did boo them, but that performance was ABA level and the scoreline was flattering. Im not going back to spend my saturday nights and to get angry anymore this year without some huge change

Reply #336285 | Report this post

true blue  
Years ago

I am a relatively new sixers fan, and totally diagree. Under NO circumstances is it ok to boo your team. These guys train hard and obviously try their best and try to win. Please give them time and don't go to the game if you are going to boo them.We won't end up with the fat lip, but one of you might.
Seems to me these on line fans may just be peppered with short, chubby, has beens that never were and never will be so think they have the knowledge to be critical. Please save us the pleasure of your company at the games. Donate this money to charity and STAY HOME>

Reply #337661 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754