Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

West v Eastern - Featured Game

As the featured game of the week, what are everyone's thought on how these games will pan out. I thought tipping would be easy, Eastern Men, West Women, but will West rumoured to have a player returning (see re:This Week's Promo) will that have a game changing effect?

And who is it, Truslove or Cioffi.

Either way west will need to reverse their performance on last week to avoid another trouncing.

In the womens, Wests should win, but i think it will be closer than what most people would think. Francis has been in great form, while Williams has been solid also, but the West team has (3 ??) WNBL players.
Match ups to watch in this game will be Seward v Williams - Mencel v O'Brien and Truslove v Francis.

With two fairly evenly matched teams, the clubs may split the wins and make for an exciting night of ball!

Topic #2882 | Report this topic

Mr T  
Years ago

While at the same time we get this email from Isaac:

"Just over half of you have already put your tips in. The rest haven't.

If you're waiting for secret hints, Reggie should play, the Woodville import
might, Truslove could be back for the Bearcats -- hopefully that confuses
you even more!

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/tipping/

Isaac"

Could this be Isaac telling us it is Truslove coming back into the squad or is it all a diversion for the real mystery player...

Are you suiting up for them Isaac :P

(Mod: Sometime, somewhere, Oscar is reading this and laughing out loud....)

Reply #32702 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here are two sides with solid team basketball under their belts during 2005 and decent form. That was, until West got absolutely thumped by the struggling Flames last week. I think the Bearcats will bounce back, but not enough.

Eastern are undefeated at home and at nearly full strength with Joel Goodenough regaining minutes. They have a sizable Holmes, sorry, hole right where the Bearcats have strength -- in the forward ranks. Nik Campbell will be faced with Paul Bell and Ben Evans from the Bearcats and could be forced into fouling to stop them. Trebilcock from the Mavs is likely to be more or less negated by Crothers and Truslove, should he play. Brad Bungy, again, is a key -- if he loses the sour face and stays out of foul trouble, he would be useful on the boards against the shorter Bearcats, and could frustrate West offensively also.

Statistically this year, forwards have had good games against the Mavs -- Dan Thompson, Oscar Forman, Dix nearly had a triple double, and Pilkington was solid.

In the guard ranks, Eastern have a distinct advantage. They don't look at all like basketball players -- farmers, financial advisers more likely -- but you can't deny the ability of Davis, Becis, Warhurst and Goodenough to surprise you each and every game. If it's a close game especially, these guys have the experience under pressure to make opponents pay. I just cannot imagine West getting a big, early lead at Mt Barker, if it's close then the Mavs will win out, and I think a solid Eastern win is the most likely finish.

Phillips will score, but Eastern's guards will score more and we all know that's what will matter on the scoresheet.

I'd only bet on two teams beating Eastern in the hills, the Bearcats aren't one of them, and I wouldn't even bet much on those two teams taking the Mavs down. If Truslove and Cioffi are together at West later in the season and face Eastern, it will be a different story, but Blake will be exhausted this weekend even if he does play. Eastern have a great opportunity to pick up two home wins this weekend, and cement their position in the league leading pack.

Girls at 6:30, guys at 8:15.

Reply #32703 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

It was written for a joke "mod" (I'm guessing it was isaac that wrote it).

Something tells me Oscar used to always win the 1 on 1 in the backyard when you were kids :P

Reply #32790 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, actually I used to win (we had scoresheets of the results somewhere and usually played 2 on 1), but I am 5 years older. Then he outgrew me and could actually shoot, so I had to play unfair defense to keep him in his place. Now it's just not very fair at all. I could keep a ball off him, but I can't shoot to save my life and couldn't drive without getting blocked. These days, we resolve our competitive differences via fantasy NBA and Halo 2.

Gower and I did beat Oscar and ShaqDiddy in Tips though in my first attempt! I think we should have a rematch.

Reply #32792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issac vs Oscar 1 on 1 for halftime entertainment maybe. haha

Reply #32908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball or Halo 2?

Reply #32935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754