Anonymous
Years ago

Gerard Martin -Grand Canyon Uni coach Dan Majerie

Grand Canyon University head men's basketball coach Dan Majerle today announced that Gerard Martin, signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Antelopes squad for 2014-15.

Martin hails from Manly, Australia and played for the Australian Institute of Sport. He was also a two-time conference champion representing Scots College in Sydney, averaging 20.0 points per game. Martin was a member of Gold Medal winning sides for the U16 and U18 state team, as well as a Silver Medalist for the U17 squad. He averaged 4.8 points and 3.2 rebounds per game in the recently completed FIBA U19 Championships.

"Gerard is a big 6'6 shooting guard or small forward out of Australia," said Dan Majerle. "What I love about him is he is ultra-competitive and one of Australia's top players. He is a defensive oriented kid who has great potential offensively. His mindset and attitude are what we want at GCU. Gerard will come in right and away and be able to guard. I love his size and he is a great addition for what we are looking to do over the next four years."

"I am really excited to be attending GCU next year," said Martin. "The university, the culture and the basketball program are all in a great situation and I feel it is a perfect fit for me as a student-athlete and person. To be surrounded by the likes of Dan Majerle and Mr. Colangelo is really exciting and it is clear that the team is only heading into a positive future. I can't wait to get there and learn from their experiences."

http://www.kpho.com/story/23985105/majerle-inks-three-for-2014-15-season

Topic #33189 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matthew Jackson has also committed to Grand Canyon this week as well.

PF - Melbourne, Australia/Marcellin College HT: 6-8 Class of 2014

Reply #446572 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Australia basically owns college ball lol

Reply #446575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Daly is also signed there right?

Reply #446577 | Report this post

reggie  
Years ago

Yeh sam is over there at the moment

Reply #446583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Daly is at the Uni but not playing this year because his high school subjects or grades not the right fit. I could be wrong though!

Reply #446645 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:37 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754