Tom
Years ago

NBL New Uniforms

What are your thoughts on all the new uniforms this year

Topic #35471 | Report this topic

Annon  
Years ago

loving the yellow, red, blue sixers kit- real South Aussie flavour and nice design....

Reply #494748 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

What i want to know is why New Zealand are wearing their 13/14 uniforms. What possible cultural reasons as stated on the nbl press release could there possibly be...

Reply #494755 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Apparently there is a Maori-themed design of some form that is awaiting approval by relevant elders before it is revealed.

Reply #494771 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It looks the same..

Reply #494772 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

If you look on the back of the jerseys there is some great silhouette details. Overall though I think the jerseys are slightly plain.

I like Wollongong's though.

Reply #494829 | Report this post

Hawks  
Years ago

Hawks white front.

http://instagram.com/p/tINm4TsJeJ

Back

http://instagram.com/p/tIOGlxMJfJ

Reply #494835 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Wollongongs White is nice, 36ers yellow looks horrible. Not really ever a fan of any yellow 6er jerseys.

Reply #494868 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I like Wollongong's jersey. Looks like a take on their early 90's style, which gives it a bit of character I think.

Not so keen on the Wildcats jersey unfortunately, though it may grow on me eventually. Everything looks a bit too small, and it has a Phoenix Suns style look to it, which doesn't really look right with the Cats head at the end.

Seems like the leagues new apparel ISC are going for a bit more creativity and less of the template look of And1, which is good to see.

Reply #494913 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

The yellow... Dunno, needs to be a darker yellow maybe?
The weird picture work on the back makes it too light I reckon.

Looking at the FB page, the jump ball photo, Montreal's looks good, Petrie's looks crap.
Would have to see it in the flesh. The sneak peak pic looks good, but seems to look too light in the actual photos they've shown.

Reply #494917 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, the Wildcats kit is a bit of a step back, I think.

Reply #494926 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

ISC have made the uniforms look good this year.

I like the fact that the 36ers brought back the yellow away strip, needs to be like the old yellow away strip from 1999/2000's.

The 36ers logo needs to be substantially bigger (also, not actually a fan of this design, bring back the one from 1999/2000's....)

Reply #495002 | Report this post

Neforp  
Years ago

hawks red looks pretty awesome it is really bright. will def be buying one of those.

Reply #495132 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

some uniforms being redone as not quite right in the colour, cut and printing aspects so expect some changes soon to bring them up to where the League and clubs want them to be. Great to see they are willing to get it right... Apart from the weird MU one…

Reply #495152 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The 7 on the Hawks jersey looks too much like a 1 to me. Sometimes I think clubs overthink their font for the jersey numbers.

Reply #495175 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Glad to hear that they're not 100% locked in and willing to make adjustments...

I think the Hawks is the only white one that is any good... Both Perth ones are a big step back in my opinion, I was big on their red one last season...

Really dig the stencils on the backs though... good thinking...

Reply #495176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New apparel provider but yet the same problem - clubs not putting in enough effort to use a background colour similar to the jersey to avoid the bumper sticker effect. Look at the Wildcats white with a huge black alcohol think again sticker for example. it looks shocking

the wollongong white melds wollongong coal in perfectly with white background that is how it should be done

Reply #495199 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754