AngusH
Years ago

Lisch ankle fracture

To be re-evaluated in a month's time. Big blow, he was looking in the best form since his Hawks' days. Probably our best perimeter defender, also.

Topic #46125 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Damn, If only they had a next star who has already been drafted and played at the world cup and would be a starter on every team in the NBL to step in.

Reply #769592 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

alexkrad, it would be even more special if the person stepping in was like, from Brazil or something.

Reply #769594 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

That's really disappointing news as I agree that Kev has been in awesome form... Luckily for the Kings it was a player that there are ample reserves for and hopefully they find a proper PF so Kicks can sit on that lazy arse of his...

Reply #769596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didi is no Lisch, shot something like 4 from 24 over weekend.
Kickett is the back up five man, doing well, the rotation of Tate, Moller, Newley through the 3/4 spots is working very well.

Reply #769598 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Didi is not the defender Lisch is. He's got good length and can disrupts things, but he's not even close to Lisch overall in that category.

And @ Wookie, in defense of Kickert I've actually been really surprised at his defensive intensity this year. Still gives up too many boards, but he's actually been pretty good around the basket and came up big especially in the last home game vs NZ I thought. His shot hasn't been dropping like it used to, so it's really needed if he's going to have any place on the court for us this year.

Reply #769599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Out 2 months.

Reply #769601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deshon Taylor to the Kings now?

Reply #769607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Johnson is free

Reply #769608 | Report this post

Bagman  
Years ago

Yeah that sucks, really going to miss his leadership, defence and shooting. Kings season fell apart two years ago the last time we had a lengthy Lisch injury.

Reply #769611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am sure the league will give them some special injury replacement rule. Can they borrow Lamelo for 2 months?

Reply #769612 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Yeah Didi is no Lisch.
Kings might lose one game over the next 2 months instead of none.

Reply #769615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

La Melb. Pass. Cairns had the right idea!

Reply #769620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would love to see a player swoop

Naar Andersen

for

Walker Bruce

Kings Andersen retires as a Champion again, Naar playing with Lisch and Ware
Hawks get small Forward in Walker and a expienced PG in Bruce

Reply #769621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have the luxury of adding an import as a replacement.
Jeremy Kendle would be ok for short term.
Ware, Newley, Tate,Moller, Bogut.
With Kendle, Didi, Kickert, Bruce, Hunter and Kuany off the bench.

Reply #769622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings travelling very nicely, they would have local training players who could just step in for the short period. Defensively Lisch big loss and offensively to but they have depth, look like a very unselfish team. Didi, Newley, Tate and Moller should be able to cover the void.

Reply #769625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I would love to see a player swoop"

Firstly, there are no trades in the NBL. Secondly, why would the Hawks make a trade that makes them significantly worse?

Reply #769627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am just saying there's a lot of players in the league not playing or just 5 mins or less

I see the hawks wining the swoop, Walker and Bruce would be cheaper than Anderssen, so its more a salary thing

Reply #769635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Adelaide were the only team that could swoop?

Reply #769636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry I mean swap not swoop sorry

Reply #769638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, getting that word wrong was the least of your problems.

Reply #769643 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Firstly, there are no trades in the NBL. Secondly, why would the Hawks make a trade that makes them significantly worse?

Because the NBL revolves around Sydney. Apparently.

LOL @ the swoop reference. #SwoopCity

Reply #769665 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Geez, tough break for Lisch. Doubt he'll play this weekend

Reply #769679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huh?

Reply #769680 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

This truly sucks, I was really enjoying his start to the season and worst of all is that Kev will be fresher come playoff time than the rest of the league, an absolute blessing in disguise there.

Reply #769686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu Fieldel just trolling.
He is a nobody.
How moderators don't block him and his moronic friend Perthworld baffles me.

This forum is going downhill I feel bad for regular contributors MACDUB, Paul, Mystro, Isaac, J Toft, Zodiac and my personal favourite Koberulz.

Reply #769700 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Let's bring in NBL SWOOPS! Imagine that big dope Daniel Johnson just sitting on the bench unsuspecting when a magpie enters the arena and makes a beeline for his noggin

Reply #769705 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The magpie may swoop down on DJ but will back off once it catches a glimpse of his intimidating wing tattoos.

Reply #769712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kev will be fresher come playoff time than the rest of the league, an absolute blessing in disguise there."
Man you don't know a lot about injuries"
Fresh undoubtedly. Match fit? Nah.

Reply #769733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754