anon905
Years ago

NBL1 Televised

NBL1 should be televised in some form, such as game of the week on SBS Viceland or another channel. This will legitimize the 2nd tier league. It is all great the games are on the NBL app and finals were on Kayo but it adds more legitimacy to the league.

In similarity to how the NZ NBL are doing things with Sky TV etc.

Topic #47274 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 905 your parents really should monitor your internet use. NZNBL is the NZ number 1 league thus that is why SKY TV broadcast it.

Reply #807487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the poster above (487) did you read what the OP posted?
They said the NBL1 shoud be on TV. Why aren't you in primary school fool.

Reply #807490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess it boils down to the almighty dollar. Premier league had game of the week and cant remember what channel they showed it on, the replayed them months back.
Even if they get some media students and camera and editing people and have a YouTube channel and advertise it, that would be great. Last season if I was having a quiet Saturday night would surf a few live feeds and could usually find a decent game although it was one camera and no commentary which may have been a good thing.
Problem with national channel is do they focus on one conference or vary it from week to week. Too many games over the conferences to build up a following and can see interstate viewers turning off if their teams weren't involved.
At least televise the finals if there's a tournament a la the ncaa.

Reply #807495 | Report this post

Weak post bruh  
Years ago

You criticise someone else for not being able to read and then write "shoud". Lame.

Reply #807496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding is that every NBL1 game will be live streamed in future with game of the week (from each conference I believe) being shown on Kayo.

Reply #807502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every game will be live on YouTube and there will be a 'game of the week' plus conference finals on Kayo. There are discussions about national championship games being televised on SBS.

Reply #807509 | Report this post

anon1  
Years ago

The post does say in similarity to doesn't say exactly the same, pretty clear.

2nd tier league should at least have some form of exposure outside of online streaming formats i.e tv exposure as well

Kayo is a great start but the game of the week should also be on tv or if not on tv there should be ads for final series on kayo or something along those lines, kids want to feel like they're working towards playing to the NBL1, want to feel as close to the main league as possible not a heavily watered down version of it with how its run and covered

Reply #807515 | Report this post

Tex  
Years ago

NBL1 finials will surely be on TV. The old ABA finals used to be.

Reply #807522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a massive boost to NBL1 if they did manage to get that happening. Would probably make it the best second their NATIONAL sports league in Australia

Reply #807523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn the Nazi police are out. The ABA Finals were self funded and that's why they ceased. I would find it extremely doubtful if each NBL1 association could afford and all conferences GF series.

Reply #807527 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I love that people seem to think you can get on TV just by saying "hey, we want to be on TV".

Reply #807529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It actually would not be that difficult for NBL1 to arrange for their finals to be shown on SBS

Reply #807536 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

[citation needed]

Reply #807543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every NBL1 match was already live streamed with commentary on YouTube and they picked up the feed on the NBL app. It was a condition of entry.

Reply #807545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly you know nothing about NBL1 Koberules. All NBL1 games were live streamed as stated above. How about you go to the NBL1's website, call them, email them and find out for yourself!

Reply #807630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" citation needed"
Omg what a flog.

Reply #807631 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

When did I say games weren't live streamed?

Reply #807637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry 807637.

Reply #807638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Citation needed. Robot.

Reply #807640 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It would be nice if NBL leveraged its relationship to get a "game of the week" on viceland.

Production quality wouldn't be NBL standard obviously.

Reply #807641 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Wonder how many people bother to watch the streams. Is there much point in wasting resources? Hardly going to expand reach that way. Best way is to have the culture within the club of supporting your club and going to the games physically. Best way to achieve a bit of $$$ too

Reply #807642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone remember that recently nbl wasn't on free to air. Suddenly it seems really easy to get state league games on. Why not go the next step and 18 1s on. Then to fill in gaps in programming televise division 3 girls games live on a Saturday morning with a commentary hub in Melbourne.
Ffs, I'm grateful to have watched nbl on a weekend afternoon, there's no money in it for networks otherwise 7 or 9 would have bought rights ages ago.

Reply #807649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sadly there was a time where the Junior Champs were on TV. Granted it was 6am on a Saturday morning but it was a good to watch.

Reply #807651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Citations galore.

Reply #807652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Koberules backtracking yet again when called out.
Oh the AFL is called from a bunker is another inane comment from KobeR

Reply #807666 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Pointing out that I didn't say a thing I didn't say isn't "backtracking", you moron.

Reply #807677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/channel-7-set-to-call-afl-games-from-remote-bunker-to-adhere-to-social-distancing-rules/news-story/721f054d2f901383aa6494a089544e99

Reply #807680 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Posted that link a month ago

7 have made it clear that the hub isn't ideal but necessary for social distancing.

Reply #807683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Citationrulz

Reply #807686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stalkerrulz

Reply #807687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz is insignificant.
No citation needed.

Reply #807688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He seems pretty significant to the person who has gone full Fatal Attraction on him.

Reply #807689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look forward to any basketball on tv.
Have even been watching NBA2K league.

Reply #807690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET just reposted for #666 who is clearly an idiot

Reply #807693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one watches NBL so why spend the money when even less people will watch NBL1?!

Reply #807737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many watch the NBL. NBL1 is a shadow of what the seabl was.

Reply #807755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many watch....ha ha you on crack!

NBL gets out rated by reno shows on 9life and fishing shows on 7Mate when its live on the weekends

Reply #807765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guess you don't knoww what MANY means idiot.

Reply #807777 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754