Isaac
Years ago

McCarron and Lual-Acuil test positive for COVID-19

United and Phoenix trainings suspended immediately by the NBL.

All players and staff who had attended trainings on or after July 22 will be tested and isolated, regardless of test result.

United suspended training and the NBL required SEM to suspend training also as a precautionary measure.

Topic #47464 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goodbye Melbourne it's been nice.
Hope you find your paradise.

Reply #813626 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Well this is just terrible.

Hope no one else in Melbourne gets this and these 2 a speedy recovery.

Reply #813628 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Sucks to be in Victoria.

Reply #813632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yooooooooooooooooooo WA open the borderzzzzzzzzzzzz pls

Reply #813636 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This is what really has me concerned about the NBL season. Victoria is basically a basketcase at the moment with covid-19, the AFL can afford to relocate the Vic teams and not play in Melbourne anymore however the NBL likely couldn't.

We're about to hit August so only four months until the NBL season is due to start I just can't see it being all cleared up with full stadiums by then.

Reply #813639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People, it's July 29. Get a grip.

Reply #813641 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Doom and gloom is how people roll here.

Time for Victorians to get their shit together. I see NBL season going ahead .

Reply #813642 | Report this post

Yeah  
Years ago

They will move the Melbourne teams to a hub.

That is the obvious answer isn't it. Not hard to see?! Very likely they'll play in hubs just like the AFL. SEM and United will be flown to a hub. Isolate for 14 days then begin the season.

Doesn't take a genius to see that's how it will work.

Reply #813644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The majority of revenue comes from tickets. Hubs wont work for the NBL.

Hubs only work because of the TV deals.

Reply #813648 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Apparently they did door knocks in Vic today and 29 ppl infected with COVID weren't home to answer...

Reply #813649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Find a small to medium size town for the hub, it will be more cost effective and small limited number of spectators could be allowed in. Maybe Canberra, Gold Coast or Newcastle.

Reply #813651 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Out spreading it possibly.
For the Victorian teams start them with a road game stretch.

Reply #813652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, I think frontload their road games and otherwise have them in a bubble with minimal or no crowd. Might not have much choice.

Reply #813655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK, front load the season for the Melbourne teams... but you're talking about saving weeks whilst we are still months out from the season. The NBL needs a contingency plan but its gotta be better than front loading a season. The NBL needs fans showing up to games in Victoria.

Reply #813659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reiterate it is July 29. Breathe people.

Reply #813660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breathe people (if Victorian breathe through your mask please).

Reply #813661 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

No, this is why a "bubble" won't work, since they have brought the virus in from elsewhere. It's why I was mazed they were allowed to continue training.

Nor does it require a hub.
My daughter is in Melbourne, she is doing it tough. Her friends have Corona, and she is in isolation on her own. People are dying, so my heartfelt prayers and sympathy go out to the people of Melbourne.
And yes, honestly, if we miss out on a bit of NBL, well there are far worse things happening.

But, hypothetically, if Melbourne were to be the only problem, then relocating two teams is not a huge problem. Send one to Hobart and one to Launceston, try to drum up a bit of NBL buzz, and the league can continue.

Yes the loss of revenue will be acute, but they may well be in a situation where "some revenue" is better than "no revenue".

If instead you wanted to front-load their season with away-games, then I suppose relocate them somewhere central for training purposes.

And remember, these are basketballers, the idea of leaving family and travelling the world to play is nothing new. They're not a bunch of Victorian footballers who cry every time they have to leave mummy.

Reply #813667 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The contingency plan is that they would bubble the players and they would play in an empty stadium. Not sure they have any other choice for Melbourne teams. Yes, they can't survive off TV, but the alternative is the players sit and the league drops two teams for a season. Maybe the Melbourne clubs can choose.

Wouldn't surprise me if we have Melbourne-scale outbreaks hit other states at any point in the next few months also.

Reply #813668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bubble won't work for the NBL. Change my mind.

Reply #813669 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yes the loss of revenue will be acute, but they may well be in a situation where "some revenue" is better than "no revenue".

Would probably be better financially to just release all the players from their contracts and sit out the season. I would imagine NBL teams sail too close to the wind financially to be able to afford to play in front of a couple of hundred people in another state. Assuming of course LK isn't willing to pick up both teams tabs for the season.

Reply #813674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly ^^

Reply #813676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is costing the AFL about $3m a week to have teams in their hubs.... the cost for the NBL wouldn't be that much as clubs have fewer personal (staff, players, families) to move but would still be a substantial cost.
where does the income come from??? bums on seats....

i am waiting for an outbreak in Adelaide after the Port AFL game last week when there were thousand crammed in with no social distancing or even masks.

Reply #813677 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

i am waiting for an outbreak in Adelaide after the Port AFL game last week when there were thousand crammed in with no social distancing or even masks.

That would only happen if someone there in attendance already had the coronavirus. It's not out there in the community we're basically free of it and the 2 or 3 people just diagnosed in the last week were people returning from Melbourne where they caught it.

Reply #813680 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Perth also in a fantastic position.
No community transmission.

Reply #813681 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

For now. If the border gets forced open we'll be in serious trouble.

Reply #813682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's July 29. Season is slated for December 3. Play the first month away from NSW/Vic. It's not out of medical forecasting that this will be achievable. Glass is half full not half empty

Reply #813685 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

We know the date.
It's Wednesday too.

Reply #813687 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

This solidified what the country already know. Victorians are brainless

Reply #813688 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Did these two go out clubbing after the first lockdown? What internal policies do NBL clubs have in relation to this?

Reply #813694 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Who cares

Covid cases don't mean jack.

Hardly anyone dies. They'll be fine.

Total beat up

Reply #813697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Dr Bigdog

Reply #813700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The date is significant in that they won't have an impact on a December 3 start to the season you moron. If they tested positive 30 November then it would be a serious concern in relation to the season starting.

Reply #813701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarron and Lual-Acil won't necessarily die but older family and friends of all their teammates could if they were to continue training without isolating.

Big dog = big idiot.

Reply #813702 | Report this post

July 29.  
Years ago

You're a gronk #701

Reply #813703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld; They did not go out clubbing, venue limits in Victoria didn't get higher than 20 patrons per area after the first lockdown so there were no nightclubs open and pubs were empty and required to serve food with any drink purchases. This would likely be unknown community transmission.

Reply #813705 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#795 good point I forgot VIC never eased restrictions.

Reply #813708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"they would bubble the players "

Where do the NBL referees live? Are most of them from outside of Victoria and NSW? Or is there an issue with managing referee panels as well? Serious question.

Reply #813714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Goorgian back and Gleeson still hear, both hawks and cats don't need refs as these two do there own reffing.

Reply #813715 | Report this post

July 29.  
Years ago

* Goorjian
*here.

Reply #813716 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

The contingency plan is that they would bubble the players and they would play in an empty stadium
Not going to work.
I can't understand how anybody could think it would?

1) How is bubbling going to be any different to what they have now, and look what happened.
2) To be effective you'd have to move players, coaches, staff, venue staff, refs, caterers, domestics, and all their families into an isolation complex. If you're going to do that, why not spend LESS money accommodating them elsewhere with less restrictions?
3) Even if you only got a few hundred NBL fans to a game in Tassie, isn't that better than NO fans in Melbourne?
4) How are you going to get other teams into and out of this supposed bubble. The Wildcats certainly won't be going, because they'd have to quarantine on return to Perth.
5) Even if the teams are bubbled, anybody coming from Melbourne is going to be treated much stricter, so travelling interstate is going to be much tougher.
Perth is making money from the AFL, and when Optus goes to full Capacity, they will be raking it in. Plus dreamers think we have a shot at Hosting the GF. NBL just doesn't have that same clout.
As it stands, if things aren't loosened here, Perth may have to relocate interstate, just to get around the 2-week quarantine.

We have 4 months, and I suspect most states will be anxious to wind back the restrictions, but the irony there is that the more we ease general restrictions, the LESS we will trust people travelling from Melbourne.

Reply #813718 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

You watch they will recover the same way as people with the flu does.

Mortality rate is about 0.5%

Imagine getting all upset over something that kills 0.5%, and most people don't even know they have it. Irrational.

Reply #813725 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Big dog you are so right. The whole world is getting played. Problem is people listen to the news and think they know something. If people would just do a little research.

Reply #813726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What research have you done Mike?

Reply #813727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And what qualifications do you have to decipher such research? I'd suggest minimal and all the leading medical minds across the world are wrong and all in on the same scam. smh

Reply #813728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL referee panel is approx 22 with 2 in NSW and 5 in Vic

Reply #813730 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

We don't know what the long term effects of covid-19 are, even for those with mild/asymptomatic cases: https://www.smh.com.au/national/more-signs-covid-19-leaves-long-lasting-mark-on-the-heart-20200728-p55g4f.html

Reply #813731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tassie didn't allow the AFL teams in, so no way the NBL teams will be allowed in.

Reply #813732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These two not being safe and one in particulary spending time in his community which is at the forefront of this Melbourne outbreak

Reply #813734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you done contact tracing for both of them?

Reply #813735 | Report this post

StatsMan  
Years ago

I would suggest that the NBL try and come up with a 1 year paid TV deal and renegotiate current broadcasting deals with ESPN and SBS (more years back ended free) that enable the clubs and league to pay the players and staff salaries, and costs to relocate teams if required during this years crisis.

If COVID is still around over the summer this year then people aren't going to have much to do other than sit at home and watch TV. The network surely should be able to get back their money plus some in ad revenue. Think about it the major sponsors are HJs and Bunnings, perhaps bring on a larger telco Voda, Optus or Telstra (Not AldiMobile), and a bank (thinking Westpac helicopter ads over summer)...

Organise the schedule to play prime time night games on alternate nights to the Australian Cricket schedule. Invest in additional content to draw in the NBA interest.

Reply #813736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

723 cases expected to be announced today, I expect that includes Lual-Acil and McCarron.

Reply #813737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope they specifically ask that at the press conference.

Reply #813738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certain communities spreading this it's clear

Reply #813739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor people? Yes, they would be more likely to spread it.

Reply #813741 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Must be all those minority groups I've seen on the news confronting Bunnings staff about not having to wear a mask. Oh wait...

Reply #813742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its like #739 wants to post a racist dog whistle but doesn't quite have the balls.

Reply #813743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Already posting anonymously on a small forum #739 might as well spit out what they're trying to say.
As pig headed as their point may be.

Reply #813744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe this is the group that #739 mentioned?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8562525/Coronavirus-anti-maskers-gather-Melbourne-gym-discuss-manifesto-Bunnings-Karen.html

Reply #813746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne show multiculturalism working at its finest.

Reply #813756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats Man.
There is to much sense in your proposal for anyone to do it. Great idea.

Reply #813760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boring thread day.
No free agency news?

Reply #813764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More cases in one day than some states have had since pandemic began. Yikes.

Reply #813778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Open it up so we can all get it and Move on with life

Reply #813780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's hope you get it idiot.

Reply #813781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those thinking this is just like the Flu there is no way of knowing as those studying Covid are learning as the virus develops.

Studies from Germany showing post "recovery" heart damage.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/27/covid19-concerns-about-lasting-heart-damage/

Reply #813782 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Also no evidence at this point that people are immune once they've recovered

Reply #813793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Life must go on...barracking for home detention for the entire population isnt a solution.

The strong survive its a natural cycle

Reply #813799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#799 I hope you go first

Reply #813805 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

You would hope covid caused some ongoing damage, given the flap everyone is in.

It certainly doesn't kill enough people to warrant it.

Reply #813806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It hasn't killed "enough" people BECAUSE we've taken measures to control the spread.

Reply #813807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell that to the 650,000 who have died worldwide. The 3rd biggest killer behind TB and Diabetes for 2020 and it's only August

Reply #813808 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

1/4 of Victorians who have been diagnosed with Covid and tested positive are not at their isolation location. Let that sink in, 25% of confirmed cases don't give a F$$$ and are quite happy for the rest of Victoria to contract the disease from them.

There is another 40% of people with symptoms who consult health professionals and are asked to get tested and isolate awaiting results. They never get tested, likely never isolate.

Maybe China wasn’t harsh by welding shut community gates.

Reply #813809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It hasn't killed "enough" people BECAUSE we've taken measures to control the spread."

That's correct. So the world (for the most part) has been taking a lot of precautions, locking down etc, and still that many people have died. It is dangerous, we are just lucky in Australia it hasn't been as bad relative to some other countries. Although Melbourne is showing some concerning signs.

Reply #813810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"1/4 of Victorians who have been diagnosed with Covid and tested positive are not at their isolation location. Let that sink in, 25% of confirmed cases don't give a F$$$ and are quite happy for the rest of Victoria to contract the disease from them."

There are a lot of idiots out there, unfortunately.

Reply #813811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the key point about attitudes like Mike's and Bigdog's is that they belong to the people who are the 25% not isolating and not protecting the rest of the community. They're like the brainless duo who took COVID-19 from Melbourne to Brisbane this week, via Sydney.

Of course, the direct consequence of that behaviour is the continued growth of COVID-19 in Victoria and NSW. A secondary consequence is the implementing and extending of shutdowns and restrictions in those places.

So, Mike and Bigdog, ironically people like you are the ones whose behaviours are prolonging that supposed COVID-19 over-reaction you declaimed above. If you want NBL to go ahead in 2020-21, perhaps try a different approach.

Reply #813812 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-victoria-one-in-four-positive-covid19-cases-not-self-isolating-daniel-andrews/f47901b5-9fcf-4610-83d0-102ac5760498

I had to check as I was hoping that FM was wrong about 1 in 4 positive people, unfortunately I gave Victorians way too much credit.

Reply #813813 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

StatsMan - good idea. Hopefully they're working on something like this as a back up plan.

Reply #813814 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Any chance ADELAIDE can get the Grand Prix back? Worth chasing South Australians because Victoria won't be Covid low or Covid safe anytime in 2021 at this rate

Reply #813816 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

650k. A dubious figure. 96% have "other" serious ailments. The median age of death is 84.

Besides, 650k is a rounding error.

Not worth getting knickers in a twist.

Reply #813817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're an idiot.

Reply #813818 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

People arent idiots for not going into isolation. They just see things differently to you. Why should they lock themselves up. Covid-19 spreading is inevitable.

Nothing to fear.

Reply #813819 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Seriously bro, look up the stats. Come out from under your bed.

The modelling was all wrong. It's not that bad.

Reply #813820 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That 1/4 Melbournians should be charged.

Reply #813821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Why should they lock themselves up. Covid-19 spreading is inevitable."

Not if they go into lockdown and take other social distancing measures.

I don't know but choosing to people other people's lives at risk is not really what I'd call "seeing things differently." They're either selfish or completely stupid.

Reply #813822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The dying words of the 30 year old of an American who went to covid party to prove bigdog and his ilk correct. " I “ made a bad decision there.

The mighty USA is on its knees because of idiots in society ignorance.

NZ on the other hand have taught us all a lesson.

Reply #813823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it appears Bigdog is a kiwi... Go figure.

Reply #813824 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

50 billion NZ dollars on lockdown

We can't keep drugs out of NZ. How do you think we are going to keep a virus out that no one can see and has no symptoms and only 0.05?% die.

You've been brainwashed, but relax my friend, You are in good company. Plenty of others have also.

Reply #813826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it is obvious you are ignorant. I hope you aren't receiving jobkeeper or jobseeker. I hope if you catch it you refuse treatment because it’s only the flu. Victoria’s hospitalisation numbers growing exponentially by the week. ICU also growing. This is not a flu and the lasting effects are serious. But hey, go hang out with Eva Black at the tittie bar you can all drop dead together

Reply #813827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd rather listen to James Weple than Bigdog

Reply #813828 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

Bigdog - there's something called social responsibility. If we have smoking ban in public places due to high risk of lung cancer, why this would be any different? There is something also called criminal negligence. Hypothetically if you carry the virus and ignore the rule/recommendation and someone contracts it from you and dies, you are actually responsible - that person can be 80+, but it is still a person and that qualifies as involuntary manslaughter. Under the law, there is a huge difference between not knowing and ignoring.

And don't want to go back into statistics and modelling since it will be pointless.

I still believe that the economy will recover but we can't bring human lives back, regardless how old these unfortunate people were. Nobody wants to be part of that statistics, you included Bigdog.

Reply #813829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alpha, I'm not agreeing with anything Bigdog has said but what you said is absolute crap.

Reply #813830 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Like I keep saying. 0.05% die. Mostly fat old people with other health problems.

We would be better to get people to improve their diet and life style than costly and pointless lockdown. And spend the $50 bill on something worthwhile.

Let's play some bball instead.

Alpha - you remind me of the lawyer on The Castle, Dennis Denuto. "It's the law". "It's the vibe".

Reply #813831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't waste your time Bigdog, you can lead a horse to water but can't make them drink.

Besides, the higher % of the brainwashed population who line up for their untried gene altering vaccine the better for us who don't.

Reply #813833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why should people listen to medical experts who have studied for years and are warning countries of the dangers of Covid. Seems more legit to listen to a random bogan going by the moniker "Bigdog" and his conspiracy theories. Guaranteed to think Trumps the best world leader in history.
What a fucking idiot!

Reply #813834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why should people listen to medical experts who have studied for years and are warning countries of the dangers of Covid. Seems more legit to listen to a random bogan going by the moniker "Bigdog" and his conspiracy theories. Guaranteed to think Trumps the best world leader in history.
What a fucking idiot!

Reply #813835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We can only hope bigdog you catch it and pass it into elderly people in your family. It's people like you that are the reason places like Victoria are in trouble again. I pity you as you like your mate Miss Black are a sleeper. The reason you don’t have to vaccinate is because everyone else has. Your point of view is not sexy. Your point of view is not unique. Your point of view will endanger other people, old or young. And although you will be flippant, you will have to live with that if and when it happens as you say it is inevitable.

Reply #813838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Isaac please shut this shit down. Long off topic.

Reply #813839 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

"Alpha, I'm not agreeing with anything Bigdog has said but what you said is absolute crap."

Lol, why then the relatives of those who passed away after disembarking the Ruby Princess are suing the operators for criminal negligence and damages. It will be interesting if the operator uses the same narrative - 'they were too old and destined to die anyway'. It's already happening in the States and by the look of it the operator is prepared to settle - makes you wonder why.

We may come back to this topic in a few months when affected parties start digging further who screwed up with the quarantine breaches and relatives of deceased start a class action lawsuit against someone, likely the Government and Security operators. I'm curious what will happen if anyone in contact with those 3 girls who brought the virus to Queensland suffers severe consequences, will they do nothing? They've been charged for fraud already, creates intent. People sued for far less and won. And Libs today changed the tune and requested ankle braces for those who are tested positive or tested positive and breached the stay home order, something like that. I thought this would be only for criminals, but hey I may be wrong and talking crap as usual :)

Bigdog - I don't mind statistics but I'd rather be under the bell than an outlier.

Reply #813841 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

There are heaps and heaps of doctors and immunologists and epidermilogists and scientists saying the same as me.

Dr ioannidis and Dr Simone Gold to name some

Yes I know. Just trying to help some people out. Challenge them to think a bit differently. Time to move on, I agree.

Alpha

Wise man once said long before covid "data will set you free".

Last thought - woke up this morning to news of man travelling from NZ to Australia tested for corona. There was one last week NZ to South Korea. It's inevitable to come to NZ.

I believe in low cost avoidance. Stay home from work when sick - yes. Lockdown - no.

Put another way. Look before you cross the road - yes. Hide under bed - no.

Let's play basketball guys. Athletes have a limited window.

Reply #813842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Simone Gold has made a number of false and misleading claims about covid. She also shared the stage with the alien DNA lady, so it really doesn't say much about her character.

Reply #813845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not only are these posters idiots about the true threat of corona virus their basketball knowledge is just as bad.

Reply #813847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like the Dr of Commerce they had on Q&A? I don't respect an opinion just because they have Dr in their title, I look a bit deeper than that.

Fact is Covid is dangerous, deadly and long term issues are mostly unknown. The little we do know isn't good. This conversation is pointless. Those opposed just argue because they are opposed to anything from the left or establishment.

And then they admit they're wrong before dying like Priests and RW politicans have in the US. Too little too late.

Reply #813848 | Report this post

shake n bake  
Years ago

Thanks to all the anti mask wearing xenophobic flogs telling us how the transmission of a global pandemic is all fake news.....
I thought this was a basketball forum but turns out its a meeting of qualified epidemiologists.
Hope Mitch and Joe get well

Reply #813860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, Big dog aka Hector the safety cat. Looking both ways is fine to cross a quiet suburban street, but Covid is like crossing a freeway atm. In Melbourne it's everywhere because of morons like you, you're bound to get hit by a car no matter how many times you look.

Reply #813866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone please shit this shit down.

Reply #813871 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Locking down healthy people - which is the vast majority - to protect to minority of people who are vulnerable to the virus, is completely over the top, and basically a stupid strategy.

Reply #813880 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

In a population of 90 million, Vietnam has 1 covid death. Their obesity rate is 2.1%.

Reply #813881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Open up and also let us travel it's a disgrace and killing business

Strong survive that is nature’s way and also has been.

Vulnerable people should take care of them selves as the entire population needs to get on with it

Reply #813883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's clearly difficult for some morons to comprehend

Reply #813885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correlation does not equal causation. Numbers are misinterpreted all the time. Too often, people look for numbers to support their case without looking for the truth.

This thread was about the MU guys and their positive tests. Respect the thread and make another if you want to start another discussion.

Best wishes to the MU guys and their families as they recover. Hopefully there are no lingering effects.

Reply #813893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The ongoing discussion is fine. There is nothing else to add to the news about the United players until we hear that they test negative.

Reply #813895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So drink driving is fine according to that logic.

Reply #813896 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

4 deaths per 100000. Why not destroy the entire world s economy? It makes so much sense.

Reply #813897 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754