BigDog
Years ago

NBL 21 Ladder Predictions

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/01/14/nbl-2021-ladder-predictions/

Topic #47973 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The link probably takes you to Infowars.

Reply #827568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the roar a signature on the GBD?

Reply #827569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I read the article and it blathers on as much as Bigdog has been in the past few days. I wont be reading the roar again.

Reply #827570 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Adelaide last... I guess they got one prediction correct LOL

Reply #827602 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

how many times have 'experts' predicted the 36ers would finish last? will be an interesting year for them.... i am on the fence... if it clicks they will be lower end of the top 4 if it doesnt well then yes they will finish 9th.

Reply #827621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a sem fan but think goorj and the Hawks will win the chip.

Reply #827624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne
NZ
Cairns
Sydney

Perth
Hawks
SEM
Brisbane
Adelaide

Reply #827627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will make play offs, history tells us this. United, Cairns should also be there, NZ look slightly over rated but should get fourth. Hawk with Georgian will be a shot. If Forde coaches more like Gleeson than Weaver, kings could also surprise. Adelaide with a lot early homes games will be better but not certain Humphries and Johnson can combine and Pinder not that great. Brisbane I can't see it even though I think Lemanis is a quality coach. SEM bench is weak. The comp will be that close that it could surprise though.
United
Cairns
Perth
NZ
Kings
Hawks
Adelaide
SEM
Brisbane.

Reply #827637 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Georgian

Reply #827639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the above subject to teams not losing gun players to the virus or injuries. No Cotton, no Perth.

Reply #827641 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

New Zealand
Melbourne
Cairns
Sydney

Perth
Adelaide
Brisbane
Hawks
SE Melbourne

Reply #827645 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Melbourne
Hawks
Brisbane
NZ

Cairns
Sydney
Perth
Adelaide
SEM

Reply #827668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United
Cairns
Brisbane
New Zealand

Perth
Sydney
Hawks
SEM
Adelaide

Reply #827671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Perth will make the playoffs, history tells us this".

This is one of the dumbest things I have heard in a long time. One-eyed dipshit Perth fan.

Every team has made the playoffs before (except SEM). History tells us this.

Reply #827672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

History tells us that Perth never miss finals you dip stick.

Reply #827687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"History tells us that Perth never miss finals you dip stick."
Every finals? Wrong dipstick. Get the facts right before gobbing off.

Reply #827688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok when did Perth miss the finals last time, 1987. So you should be in bed now, get your mother to read you a story, history of wildcats could teach you something.

Reply #827691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if Perth miss finals.
Who cares . Other teams miss finals frequently.

Reply #827696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #827703 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I predict that 4 teams will make the playoffs.

I suspect that the phoenix will suck again and finish by sacking Mitchell

I'm tipping that wherever Adelaide finish, hoopsters will blame the refs.

Wherever the Cats finish, hoopsters will blame home cooking, claim we spent more than any other team, and call Trev a flog.

Until the playoffs commence, there will be weekly rumours that Motum is returning to the NBL.

Reply #827707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Perth never miss the playoffs you dip stick"

Never means since their inception, they have always made the finals. While they haven't missed them since 1986, the sentence is still wrong"

So go back into your basement.

Oh, and Perf WILL miss the playoffs this season. Something to tell your mum when she tucks you into bed tonight.

Reply #827715 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I think the Roar have Perth too high based on their past finals history and not their current roster composition.

NZ will go how their imports go. LP lights it up and Iverson can stay out of foul trouble, they'll be top 3.

Hawks have new owners and a new Coach all be it the GOAT.
I think it'll take Gorj longer than a season to get them in title talks.

SE Melbourne will improve significantly IMO. I like their roster.

Cairns deserve to be in title talks. 2x stud imports back and some young talent.

Giddy, Dech and Adelaide will be fun to watch. I dislike this team a whole lot less with Wright gone.

Melbourne United are stacked and are the team to beat.

Sydney have taken a significant step backwards from last season but still won't be easy beats.

Brisbane don't appear to have made any significant upgrades that will improve their chances IMO.

Reply #827716 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Hawks- Simon, Harvey, Adel- plenty of talent. Goorjian at the helm. Lots of young players who could have career best years. Ogilvy's always been mentally brittle but Goorjian could draw out his best. They're the sleeper for mine.

Cairns lost Newbill, lacking depth. Being overrated

Brisbane 2 imports with solid resumes, loads of experienced NBL players familiar with Lemanis' system. Could be their year to make top 4.

NZ very very good roster but, if covid stays under control and everyone else has decent home crowds but they don't, that's a huge disadvantage

Perth I assume will sack Mooney if he's not up to it. Replace him, then you've got Cotton plus another gun import. OR if Cotton naturalises. With current roster I think unlikely for top 4, but we'll see

Cooks absence a big blow for Sydney, but I expect a big year from Didi. Mid table?

Adelaide- how good is Giddey? Really depends on him quite a lot

SEM- If the Creek from 1st half last season turns up, will be tough

Basically other than United, hard to predict. Which is great. Looking forward to it.

United's weakness, if any, could be rebounding as I don't think any of Landale, Barlow or JLA are particularly good rebounders for their positions at the 4 and 5? Although, there's a lack of true bigs this year anyway (Humphries, Iverson, Hodgson all big boys with genuine size) and Landale a smart player anyway

Reply #827717 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Also in basketball you've always got certain key players, but looking at United's roster Hopson and Landale are absolutely crucial, they bring things to the table that are hard to replace

If anyone else on United got injured, I reckon they're still title favourites, but Landale or Hopson go down and suddenly they have some serious weaknesses

That's how it looks to me, dependent upon a better look at Baba (who could possibly replace some of the unique stuff Hopson will do for this team) and improvement from JLA- who has a high ceiling and could well have a break out year

Reply #827720 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Actually CG43's outside shooting would be hard to replace too, but I reckon they'd be fine with a backcourt of McCarron/Ili/Baba/Hopson despite that group's lack of an elite outside shooter to play CG's role

Reply #827721 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Can't help thinking that Adelaide are being under-rated! Here's there line-up (with my choice of starters, positions etc)

PG Josh Giddey/Daniel Dillon/Michael Harris
SG Donald Sloan*/Sunday Dech/Alex Mudronja
SF Tony Crocker*/Brendan Teys
PF Daniel Johnson/Jack McVeigh
C Isaac Humphries/Keanu Pinder

The only weakness I see is that are too many guards, not enough bigs. McVeigh can be serviceable as a 4 off the bench, on occassions, but not as your 1st choice. More suited to the 3, for mine. A genuine 4 , 1st off the bench (doesn't have to be a superstar), Even a Dalton-type. DJ will play plenty of minutes night-in night-out, Dalton gives him breaks, McVeigh fills in for something different (at the 4) with his main role, 1st off the bench at the 3.

Granted that they don't have a Landale (sorry Isaac, go ahead, prove me wrong), a Cotton, a Lamar or Hopson or..or..or! As a team, they look solid, to me. A finals contender? Why not!
(I am not an Adelaide fan, more Brisbane, ouch!).

Reply #827731 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Take back what I said about United rebounding, White is a hustle fiend, Landale a better rebounder than I remembered, and must've been daydreaming when I mentioned JLA. It's just too long since I've been in a bball mindset ha

Reply #827900 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Just finished watching the game and boy do I have egg on mine? 1st half was as I predicted, sorta. Adel right in it. 2nd half was ugly. And Hopson didn't even have a good game for United.

Reply #827910 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

ADL and SEM to fight it out for the wooden spoon.

Reply #828159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I called it elsewhere and no one liked it.

Reply #828220 | Report this post

We don't remember you #220.
You must have posted anonymously therefore nobody cares.

Reply #828227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne currently undefeated after two rounds lol.

Reply #829426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So are the cats

Reply #829427 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Don't forget the The Hawks.

Reply #829434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At this stage...

Tier 1
United
Hawks
Wildcats

Tier 2
Bullets
36ers
Kings

Tier 3
Phoenix
Taipans
Breakers

Reply #829934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks
United
Cats
Brisbane
Sixers
Breakers
Phoenix
Kings
Cairns

Reply #829947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings willl make a run late I believe. If they can stay over 50 they have a shot.
All,depends on Glover, louzada and cooks recovery.

Reply #829950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The lopsided schedule has a major influence on who will make finals this season. Most have both Breakers and Phoenix in the bottom half of the ladder. They have both been on the road for a month (have not been in their home state/country since Jan 1 for SEM, late December for Breakers), they've both been sloppy with the ball as a result, which has cost them both games they should have won. I think Sydney might be in a similar boat too?

To add insult to injury, SEM play Perth in Perth again tonight then fly home tomorrow and play United (who’ve been chillin at home for a week) on Sunday in Bendigo at 3pm! Wtaf????

Reply #829958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings are coached by a rookie coach, Didi is very hot and cold, cold more often, is injured a lot, Glover looks very promising but more than likely out for a long stretch. Cook same as Didi, and is media friendly, wasn't bad or good last season and still a month away, kings are not getting there. Bogut is the biggest loss, just his ring protection and defence, you start to realise how good he was when he ain’t there.

Reply #829964 | Report this post

Perf Wildcard  
Years ago

So the breakers, taipans and 36ers are rubbish and yet again the Wildcats are destroying the comp, all your mummy's better be keeping up the tissues for your issues

Reply #840698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#672, you want to apologise now or are just a dip stick. History tells us a lot fool.

Reply #840708 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Had Perth 4th so are doing better than expected. Even with spuds on the bench.
United in top 2. So they are on the mark.
Injuries and all. Import spot spare.
SEM I had in lower half so with their injuries, Broekhoff addition and Creek situation are doing well.
Sydney are about right.
Brisbane are better than I thought.
Illawarra were always hard to pick with high roster turnover. Adel wins most underwhelming player award.
Adelaide could be top 4 if Humphries wasn't injured and they got right imports from the get go.
ÑZ I thought would be mid table but they have dealt with more upheaval than any other team.
Cairns are disappointing, expect a top 4 challenge.

Reply #840710 | Report this post

Daniel Thomasson  
Years ago

Perf wildcats,
It's no point trashing until it’s locked away.... They just relax little celebration, and get the job done.... blanchfield and Mooney are just letting cotton rest and fire up when his needed. Norton’s defence has gone up a level too. To see the wildcats predicted to not even make to the 4 this year, left me scratching my head as if I was a dog that got showed a card trick. As much as Trevor barks and carries on, he keeps that group all bought and locked in. If perth have the home court advantage this year,
Although Melbourne united is by no means a walk over and when rolling are deadly in defensive transition, for the last 3 years, I watch cotton every time he plays in Melbourne and after half time to the 4th is rarely gets his Rhythm disrupted. It’s hard not to back them if it plays out first few in the jungle. With the remaining schedule I’m heavily leaning for (atm $3 to make the 3 peat). But I could be corrected and seeing them at $14??
Either way perth melb final will be the the best 5 game series in quite some time

Reply #840713 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Perth v Melb final looks good at this point.
Both above the pack comfortably.

Reply #840723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney can cause problems if he shorts the rotations, to many players in the rotation. Obviously no more injuries will be helpful.

Reply #840725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting. It seems a majority od the people making predictions had Perth missing the finals, and a half and half mix had the Hawks finishing top three or four.

Reply #852239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754