Jack Toft
Years ago

CNS v PER Feb 26

This is the first meeting of these teams this season. Perth go in as hot favourites and do carry form into the game, but in NBL cup, there's point for a win and points for a quarter win so there's no throwing in the towel. With Cairns lurking down the bottom of the table like a crocodile in the swamp, they will want to be higher than Brisbane. Ah, but even though the Cats have been described as the weakest Cats team since the Mickelbergs wished they never heard of the Yellow Rose of Texas, tonight the Cats should get this one

Topic #48138 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok Deng out.
Steindl in.

Reply #834433 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I feel like Taipans always do well against us although that might've been due to Newbill. Looking forward to seeing if Mooney can keep this form against Oliver, Cotton and Machado should be able to do whatever they want. Then it's basically Noi vs Blanchfield/Steindl/Wagstaff. Cats depth might be enough.

Reply #834445 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

I think Perth will win the Nbl cup...2-0 with 10.5pts and they win against Melbourne United...

Reply #834461 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

@Senator11

I feel like Taipans always do well against us

The Taipans highest ever *individual* score was against Perth. Matt Smith still brags about the night he and Martin Cattalini combined for 52 points. Matt scored 1, Cat scored 51 :)

Reply #834471 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I think Perth will win the Nbl cup...2-0 with 10.5pts and they win against Melbourne United...

I think so too, they're looking good for it. Imagine the intensified hate and jealousy on here if we win the most cash.

Reply #834474 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

If I was allowed to bet, I think I'd have money on Perth for the NBL Cup...

Reply #834478 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Go on, do it:

https://www.tab.com.au/sports/betting/Basketball/competitions/NBL%20Cup%20Futures

Reply #834480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns will win, Wildcats find it tough against QLD teams. Cairns by 7.

Reply #834483 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Cairns matched up well against the Wildcats last year, in fact came within a late Nick Kay 3 pointer in Game 1 of SF to going to the GF.

Reply #834494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Matched" been the correct tense. This years changes leave the taipans not matching up as well as previously. No Newbill to chase cotton specifically.

Reply #834504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you get .5 of a point?

Reply #834505 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Didnt' Cotton hit 10 x 3's against Cairns last season?

Reply #834507 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

"How do you get .5 of a point?"

Draw a quarter. NBL Cup only.

Reply #834509 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Perth by 8.

Reply #834510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats find it tough against QLD teams.

Probably due to the tough travel schedule. Let's see how they go on neutral territory

Reply #834515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mooney is a gun

Reply #834527 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Did the Red Army die or something?

Reply #834528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Did the Red Army die or something?" Hopefully.

Reply #834529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a particularly high quality game. Both teams struggling from the field. Cotton well below his best.

Reply #834532 | Report this post

Hoopsfan  
Years ago

Where's Noi tonight? Has hardly seen minutes. Is he injured ?

Reply #834534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi is reading his press.

Reply #834536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travers starts for the Cats and then plays less than 3 minutes. Maybe a record for least minutes for a starter?

Reply #834537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travers back in, turns it over again. No wonder he's only getting garbage minutes.

Reply #834539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Perth has found another scott fisher in John Mooney

Reply #834540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth get another gun import they will be favoured to win it again

Reply #834543 | Report this post

buffbundy  
Years ago

Taipans vs Breakers for NBL Cup wooden spoon. Taipans are cooked.

Reply #834545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth get another gun import they will be favoured to win it again

So when will this happen? Next Australia Day? Tired of this crap.

Reply #834549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're tired of speculation of when a new import will arrive? Deal with it, its going to be on of the biggest stories of the season.

Reply #834551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not doing much good for Travers confidence, surely if Gleeson not happy bring him off the bench. He’s still very young, let’s not expect to much before he’s used up before he’s had time to develop.

Reply #834552 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Citizenship ceremonies happen year round so shouldn't have to wait till Australia day, so hopefully only a month or 2 more speculation.

Ugly win but I love the bench contribution.

What has happened to Cairns? Was Newbil the real star over Machado and Oliver?

Reply #834553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You're tired of speculation of when a new import will arrive? Deal with it, its going to be on of the biggest stories of the season."
Maybe. But until Cotton actually naturalises I don't give a shit.

Reply #834554 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

TB the issue is the processing time of the citizenship application now, the ceremony is a minor issue as it can be arranged on demand.

Reply #834556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The extras that those 2 are now getting equals what Machado and Oliver are getting. Someone backed the wrong horse.

Reply #834557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado and Oliver aren't the problem, it a the locals around them.

Reply #834558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season Cairns started 4-7, this season they have started 3-8. Not a big difference.

Reply #834562 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Better team won.
Perth to keep playoffs streak alive.

Reply #834571 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Yeah, not sure starting would be doing his confidence any good. Especially since whilst he may have the height and length, to play 4, he's giving up a lot of strength and experience against most opponents.

Reply #834574 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Say what you will about Trev, he can definitely pick talent.

Reply #834575 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Who knows if/when a future import arrives this season or even Nick Kay comes back. I see Travers merely placeholding until that situation occurs.
Wagstaff should be starting but is better as a bench spark along with Steindl if he regains form.

Reply #834576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travers will find his own in the 3 position. He is currently being played outside his preferred position at this level.

Reply #834583 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

I think we got some clarity on why Mooney wasn't a Next Star, trev didn't want any other teams to be able to take him so they signed him as an import. Seems like a good call.

Reply #834588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #834597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, they were pretty open about not wanting to risk losing Mooney from the start.

Reply #834609 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754