3. Norwood (3)
4. Southern (5)
5. Forestville (4)
6. South (6)
7. Centrals (9)
8. West (8)
9. North (7)
10. Eastern (10)

This week has the top 3 stay the same, Sturt cruising to an easy win against struggling Nort, Woodville getting over the line against Forestville and Norwood accounting for Eastern easily. Have put Southern above Forestville this week for their come from behind win against Centrals, but could easily have stayed the same with Forestville only just losing. South accounted for West but were hardly convincing.
Centrals leap frog a few teams with Dave Humphries making them a lot more competitive, despite another loss, plus missing a few key contributors away for state. West stay the same, even though they did have moments against South. North really have to beat the Lions, even with their NBL guys coming back, making the playoffs after starting the season 1-5 will be very difficult especially with the logjam at the top at the moment. Eastern are somewhat competitive if you can call an average losing margin of 20 or so competitive. At least they haven't been blown out by anything embarrassing. But they will have to have the opponents having a really bad game and for them to have a really bad game for them to get close to a win.

Topic #48441 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this is pretty spot on. Southern will struggle against Norwood. I think Green will dominate the paint. Quite a few good games this weekend. Eagles v Sabres - Tigers v Flames - Warriors v Panthers. All games could go either way based on how players step up to the plate. Warriors huge win over Eagles, now that was massive and they went into half time like they had already won the game - boy didn't they get a surprise.

If only we could get commentators to 1. sound check before they go live 2. get the players names right - it's not that hard 3. Do a little research before the game - I'm sure if you just ask the players they'll talk to you 4. When being a commentator - don't give your bias views - just report the game in front of you 5. Bearcats commentator - mention parking lot one more time someone remove the mic from him 6. Camera man - please follow the play.

Side note - Wise for Mavericks - coming in late - not going to make a difference but he's got the worse reputation on the streets. Let's see if he stays focused on basketball for a change.

Reply #846643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My armchair expert notes to commentators - you don't need to yell. Ever. Just talk at a normal volume. And it’s ok to let the play speak, you don’t need to dribble garbage just to fill dead air.

Reply #846648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#648 - I hear you loud and clear LOL I get they get a little excited on big plays - but if you don't do a sound check and you're already too loud and then you scream on a good play - you blow our ear drums out.

And - Clubs need to stop playing music during play - firstly you don't have the rights when the game is being recorded, it's disrespectful and it's not bloody NBA - get over yourselves.

Remember everyone to wear pink - it's Breast Cancer Awareness - Pink Round.

Reply #846653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'From the Semaphore Fodder car park!'

Reply #846654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#654 - Uggh I get it for 1 or 2 times but all bloody game. The game is better on mute than listening to that joker.

Reply #846660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez good to see its all about basketball on here. First year of doing this, the professionals are all SANFL and the club people are just fill ins they can find. No one would have been trained on this.

Time to rate the commentators?

Reply #846662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#653 I'm tipping the NBL doesn’t have the rights to the music either but doesn’t stop them...or the BBL...etc etc get over yourself

Reply #846673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#673 Must be a Tigers fan LOL

Reply #846678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In fairness, I think it's awesome that these games are being broadcast & have commentary, the look & presentation is 10x better than previous years in this league. Once the commentators know the league a little better they’ll be better too.

Also they often have a club person with them... let them speak. I would have loved to hear more from
Darren Ng for example but the other bloke spoke over him the whole time.

Reply #846683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs need to just put Vozzo in and wins will follow

Reply #846719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean you didnt like that no name commentator name dropping these telling us about his exploits the entire time while speaking over an ex NBL player, having got a 4 time Olympians name wrong for half the game in the women's game?!?!

Reply #846858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#719. Word is Vozzo has quit again!

Reply #847001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754