Anonymous
Years ago

Should Perth Concede the GF

With injuries and co-vid uncertainty , perhaps perth should follow Sydneys Footsteps from last year and concede the championship.

I dont think our guys want 2 weeks in quaratine if it all goes pear shaped in Melbourne.

Thoughts ?

Topic #48746 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stupidest thing ever posted on this forum! Not looking good, but you never quit, especially in grand final!

Reply #855041 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Not as things currently stand.

Melbourne looks like further easing of restrictions

Reply #855043 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

No thanks, we're not a Paul Smith hustler type of organisation.

Reply #855044 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

What the?

Reply #855046 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

No .
I don't care if we get hammered in game 3, no way should Perth quit. That's Sydney style.

Reply #855048 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

As they have written along the rafters at John Cain Arena: "Go hard or go to Sydney."

Reply #855050 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Not even going to dignify that with a proper response.

Reply #855053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"co-vid"

LOL!!

Reply #855054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And I got accused of the dumbest post on this forum for calling Magnay what he clearly is. Which to be fair, is what Landale is.

Reply #855057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So twice dumb.

Reply #855063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sticks and stones, brother.

Reply #855071 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I'm trying to think reasonably, and trying to understand where the OP is coming from.

Perhaps what you haven't thought through is just what an unbelievably dick move that would be from Perth, denying Melbourne the opportunity to win on their home court.

The only thing I would say, is that Perth should start Tommy Jervis and give him a good run in what will probably be his final ever NBL game.
Maybe give Britt a good run also, and ask for permission to play our other DP.

Reply #855073 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Going all the way to Melbourne and then having to quarantine for two weeks isn't exactly appealing, especially as they won't win.

Really hurts any of the NBL1 guys as well. And Norton just needs to get healthy.

So I'd at a minimum leave Norton, the DPs, and Jervis in Perth.

Reply #855081 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

That's basically conceding. I doubt that is in Gleeson’s DNA and certainly isn’t in-line with Wildcats culture. I’d be taking the whole team, hopefully with 5 days rest Norton is closer to 50% fitness. I think they really missed Steindl as the second option with Blanchfield getting so much attention. Actually thought Blanchfield could have used the focus better, fake the three on the roll and attack the rim rather than settle for contested threes (which he hit in game 1).

Reply #855096 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

No chance Gleeson or the Wildcats do anything other than give themselves the best possible chance of winning the last 3 games, however unlikely that might appear.

Reply #855099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In this covid era with 2 imports should of just been 3 game series and now it would have been concluded.

Reply #855113 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

You're all winners.

Reply #855130 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Don't concede the GF but can someone please tell Norton not to play?

This persistence is honourable but can be causing long term damager.

The series is over, let Norton sit out.

Reply #855131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a moment with Gleeson when Norton subbed out at the end of the game that appeared to look like Norton was telling Gleeson he was done. And Trev just went...yep ok

Reply #855132 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Spot on Lovebroker. Norton needs to concede and needs time to recuperate.

Reply #855133 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Norton is the Finals Fans MVP.

Reply #855134 | Report this post

k4l  
Years ago

Norton's flagrant foul. What a dh?

Reply #855138 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

I actually see a very personal reason for Trev to not want to go to Melb. Obviously, I have no way of knowing how Trev feels about anything. And I am not just trying to make excuses for my fave coach, he is definitely not that! I honestly don't like his "behaviour" when court-side.

However, Mrs G, as we all know, suffers from a serious illness. Could it be that Trev takes this covid seriously and may not want to expose any of his team to the possibility of catching it?

Financially, commercially, pleasing-the-fans, all very important, BUT, paramount?

WE want them to play it out. But what's our stake in this. We get to scream and holler if we win, cry if we don't. That's about the extent of our investment in this.

They have to decide if it's worth the bragging rights (and that's highly unlikely, anyway), or worth giving the fans a quickie thrill, or satisfying sponsors obligations. All of them important reasons, NOT paramount!

No, I am not saying "don't play it out". Just that there are, as usual, 3 sides to every story.

Reply #855159 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Should Melbourne give Perf a 5 point head start just to be sporting?

Reply #855167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha soy latte

Reply #855169 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Haha soy latte"

Has Perth improved its coffee situation yet? A couple of years ago I had to head out to Freo for something decent!

Reply #855174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No we drink Blend 43 with long life milk on top

Reply #855175 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

And charge $5 for it haha

Reply #855176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hilarious from a person who comes from a place where they think Farmers Union is a good iced coffee.

Reply #855178 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Touched a nerve!

Better than Dare isn't it?

Reply #855179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dare isn't our local brand.

Reply #855180 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If ice coffee is your thing, isn't it the best brand around?

Don’t really know how it’s even relevant, it’s not coffee.

Reply #855181 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Excellent thread just keeps getting better

Reply #855185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously Luuuc hasn't had his Brownes Chill yet.

Reply #855187 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I have, but the high sodium content has got me all dazzled

Reply #855188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have got the perfcolated one instead.

Reply #855189 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Needs a "like" button

Reply #855190 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Hilarious from a person who comes from a place where they think Farmers Union is a good iced coffee.

We were all having some light hearted fun at Perth's expense (not even related to hoops) and it gets ruined.

Reply #855274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know. The mere mention of farmers union is enough to ruin any thread.

Reply #855275 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

FUIC is now in nation circulation.

Available at Coles.

Fruchocs also available at Coles Express.

Australia's colony of *free settlers is now colonising the previous convict outposts.

NB status of SA as free settler colony has * due to forced emigration of children.

Reply #855323 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" light hearted fun at Perth's expense"

Perth fans don't take anything lightly at their expense, always get a reaction like we stomped on Damian Martins signature

Reply #855325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"FUIC is now in nation circulation."

Brownes was available at Woolworths last time I was in Adelaide. Was hard to get though, must have been a bigger seller than FUICK.

Reply #855334 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Reality is that we don't give a shit about Covid. We just like the idea of keeping Melbournians out of our state.
It won Magoo the election in a landslide, and he's got to milk it for the next 4 years.

Reply #855367 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I know this is saying a lot, but that is the dumbest thing you have ever posted.

Reply #855369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754