NBL MAN
Years ago

Tasmania Jack Jumpers first signing: Jack McVeigh

Jack McVeigh has agreed to a two-year deal with the Tasmania JackJumpers, sources told ESPN. He'll be the new NBL franchise’s first ever roster spot signing - Olgun Uluc

Topic #48814 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Hope the JJ's paid overs for him.

Reply #857230 | Report this post

Crack McVeigh  
Years ago

Anything is overs for this chump.

Reply #857233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kid can play. Just at this level needs to get over the sideshow antics. He isn't an energy guy anymore

Reply #857235 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Daniel Felmingham just blew his load.

Reply #857237 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Sideshow antics like what? Passion? Energy? Genuinely goes a shit? He's the perfect signing for a new club but haters gonna hate...

Reply #857242 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

Good on ya JV. Hopefully he gets consistent minutes and an opportunity to be more than a energy guy off the bench. Had plenty of haters but will be missed in Adelaide.

Reply #857244 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

*JMV

Reply #857245 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

*JMV

Reply #857246 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's pretty cool that their 1st signing is named Jack and has the persona of a mascot

Reply #857247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Import/Mudronja or short
Import/Robateau/Deans(dp)
Mcveigh/McDaniel or shervill
Import/Pinder or Jois/Harris
Magnay/Salt or Ogilvy

Reply #857248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eventually someone had to say yes, not great but not bad either, can't defend a broom stick but very good at offensive end. I’m not convinced he’s a starter yet.
Let’s see who’s next.

Reply #857250 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

It's pretty cool that their 1st signing is named Jack and has the persona of a mascot

He will get a pair of Antennae implanted as well, there's plenty of room there as that's where basketball IQ is normally kept.

Reply #857252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to him. We screwed him around with his minutes so it's hard to say he should not look at another situation.

Reply #857254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations to Jack and the JackJumpers!

Reply #857255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not hate, just play. He doesn’t do the chest thumping at NBL1 level when he is the man dropping 30 night in and night out. If you couldn’t read I said he could play. Now it’s time to just play.

Reply #857256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fantasy wank teams continue. If that's a wise list I want no part of it. Mud. Crap.Pinder. you can't build a long term team around him or Jois. The rest of that wank list is crazier.

Reply #857259 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Jois should be ostracised from the league - for a second time. Honestly, no idea what Moldovan has on some of these GMs but it must be harmful.

Reply #857262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Difficult to assess likely crowd numbers from membership numbers without knowing types of memberships. The club is selling 14 game memberships (all home games), 12 game memerbships (all home games in Hobart), 6 game memberships (5 Hobart plus 1 Launceston home games), and 2 game memberships (both Launceston home games).

Those then break down into family and single memberships. Family memberships can cover 4 or 5 people. Do the published membership numbers count them separately or group them under a single membership?

Reply #857263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a backup rolll ffs, Jois showed more than blagojevic in just a few games.

Reply #857268 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wildcats used to have a ticker on their website displaying total number of members. Any form of membership qualified you as a member.

Reply #857270 | Report this post

Daniel Felmingham  
Years ago

They had signed 3000 foundation memberships but only 1700 have signed up since they have been put on sale,so that is definitely a surprise.

Reply #857271 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Honestly, no idea what Moldovan has on some of these GMs but it must be harmful.

This hasn't been discussed enough. Will the Sixers local contingent end up being entirely made up of his clients?

Reply #857272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope so. Another crap season ahead. Still/again.

Reply #857275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jois showed how to give out free cheese burgers, he's the most overhyped player, media pet ever. It was great entertainment watching him on the line.

Reply #857279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They said the same thing about Pinder and now teams are after him.

Reply #857283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pinder isn't great, compared to Jois he mj.

Reply #857293 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Nothing actually from the Jackjumpers re this signing....are they going to announce a couple at once?

Every time they have done something up until now they have sent out an announcement beforehand stating that something was about to occur.

Nothing

Reply #857297 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

When are clubs allowed to sign NBL free agents? Has that date passed already?

I think it's a good signing - the kid has a lot of potential. Seemed to be on the outer at Adelaide, didn’t get much time and was on a tight leash. I would have liked to see Adelaide keep him.

Reply #857299 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think this is a decent career decision for him, he deserves more consistent minutes to show his ability at this level and I like what he brings but you'd hope that their first signature was Magnay so they could bang on about him being a former NBA player rather than their mascot

Reply #857300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the JJs not ticking a few boxes at the moment. Disappointing.

Reply #857303 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Whilst I have no doubt LK has put them in a good financial position to splash cash and go hard for players, I think the expectations from people here are too high and very ambitious considering it's the teams’ first year.

I get they want to make a splash like Phoenix did. But Phoenix were lucky, they had Creek available and Greer and co were in the box seat and once you secure that big fish, other players will be drawn in.

Some players will say "hey thanks for increasing my value, but you don’t have anyone so no thanks". Big fish players won’t necessarily be overly keen to join a roster where they don’t know who will be there.

Guys like McVeigh are a good get where you can pay them more than others are willing to, over a bigger role, more time and have willingness to develop the player.

Hodgson would be another good get IMO, and if they did manage to convince Magnay to sign on the dotted line, that would be super valuable to attracting other talent.

Reply #857305 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Offer a bigger role*

Reply #857306 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixers cupboard getting emptied...

Reply #857310 | Report this post

05:44:00  
Years ago

The style of play that Jack appears to enjoy is different to that which Henry wants the team to play. So better that he goes somewhere else, than not enjoying his time with the 36ers.

Reply #857311 | Report this post

NikeAl79  
Years ago

Good signing by the JackJumpers he will do well under Roth

Reply #857320 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"agreed to a two-year deal"
"sources told ESPN"
"first ever roster spot signing"

Yeah nah, one doesn't necessarily follow the other.
They might announce it, now that it's leaked, but obviously he was never intended as their "No.1 Signing."

Reply #857327 | Report this post

Daniel Felmingham  
Years ago

Mitch Norton looks like he could be our first big fish and could be announced tomorrow.

Reply #857331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton isn't leaving Perth

Reply #857332 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Nothing actually from the Jackjumpers re this signing....are they going to announce a couple at once?

Every time they have done something up until now they have sent out an announcement beforehand stating that something was about to occur.

Nothing

It's subtle, but it's pretty clearly a signing announcement.

Reply #857338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should pickup asian player kouame, the 6'11 Phillipino naturalised center as a backup.

Reply #857345 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Years ago

Sam McDaniel has signed a three year deal with the JackJumpers.

Reply #857346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jjs drop the ball again by calling "McDaniel becomes the first full rostered contracted player signing for the JackJumpers. We also secured Sejr Deans as a Development Player" Who proof reads these 'major annoncements"

Reply #857351 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What's wrong with it?

Reply #857352 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Was going to ask the same thing koberulz....

Reply #857353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The email header said "JackJumpers - First Player Announced!" Oooops.

Chrissy?. Or is that the new person.

Reply #857354 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #354 - understand the Jackjumpers have and are advertising for some different roles...have a go sounds like you reckon you'd do well and be able to contribute.

Reply #857355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a jj's fan I’m hoping for...

Dellavedova
Import
Import
Import
Magnay

Mudronja
McDaniel
Mcveigh
Local
Salt

Deans
DP big

Reply #857358 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Dellavedova
Import
Import
Import
Magnay

Mudronja
McDaniel
Mcveigh
Local
Salt

Deans
DP big

That's a good looking squad. Do you mind if I add the "local" and change it slightly.

Magnay had his breakout beside Hodgson at the Bullets. Even developed some of his game in same circs. If Hodgey was added and started as the 5, Magnay the 4 (as Bullets days) and one import comes off the bench, (perhaps a 1/2 or a 2/3 combo g. A little bit of cover for Mud and McD and back up for Delly).

Dellavedova
Import
Import
Magnay
Hodgson

Import
Mudronja
McDaniel
Mcveigh
Salt

Deans
DP big

What do you think, Anonymous? It's your team, not mine :-)!

Reply #857366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Set up a fantasy side topic elsewhere. Not here. Scout I know I can do better.

Reply #857383 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon # 383 - so you are adding your extensive skills to the Jackjumpers, no doubt they will benefit.

Reply #857390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#383 = insignificant.

Reply #857393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate I know more about basketball than you have hot dinners. Stick to your strengths.

Reply #857451 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The email header said "JackJumpers - First Player Announced!" Oooops.
Again, what's wrong with that?

Mate I know more about basketball than you have hot dinners.
That doesn't even make sense.

Reply #857506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez koberules. You are insufferable. How can dam be the first when mcveigh was announced a day earlier? Even you can't be that stupid. But you have now confirmed it true.

Reply #857524 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

McVeigh hasn't been announced, numbnuts.

Reply #857531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay to shimane susanoo magic Japan.

Reply #857663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://www.susanoo-m.com/news/detail/id%3D14491&prev=search&pto=aue

Reply #857664 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #857665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare is hc of shimane

Reply #857666 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:38 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754