Anonymous
Years ago

Giddey feature on NBA LP

A good watch to see Giddey's journey

https://watch.nba.com/video/nba-academy-journeys-josh-giddey

Topic #49086 | Report this topic

rjd  
Years ago

Great feature on Josh Giddey and his family. Wazza is a legend. I still have fond memories of Wazza's input when I participated in school holidays basketball camps. No surprises he had a great appreciation of the passing game back then, praising kids who were unselfish and willing passers. I still remember the feeling of being rewarded with a Coke t-shirt and a rubber basketball when Wazza gave out his winning selection for the day because I loved to get others involved. No surprises his kid developed such an unselfish passing game. It's really easy to cheer for a level-headed, high IQ kid like Josh.

Speaking of future Boomers with a good head on their shoulders, check out this feature on Matisse Thybulle from a couple years ago. It's easy to see how he fit in so well on this Boomers team. I hope he's a permanent fixture in the Boomers A-team for many years to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brLcnIhK8nU

Reply #866642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not saying he is not deserving , clearly he is but advantage on his side ( who you know and where you come from ,Melbourne Tigers). Good luck young man so many pushing for you at such a young age.

Reply #866652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First matchup against Cade cunningham....

Reply #866656 | Report this post

Some dude  
Years ago

His father was a very talented sportsman. In addition to basketball, he was one of only two people to play in the Australian Schoolboys rugby league and rugby union sides.

His mother was also a tall talented shooter.

Both very talented, down to earth, hard working and humble people.

Reply #866659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His father was a bit & pieces player in the nbl.
Good at nothing except defence.

Reply #866668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol,
You realise who didn't make state teams? Despite having the surname he did?
Had to work his butt off for it all.

Reply #866671 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great feature- thanks for sharing

Confirmed what I thought of Giddey- really good head on his shoulders which, in combination with his skillset and size, means he's very likely to become a quality NBA player.

Given what type of person Wazza is, there's no surprises Josh is such a cool kid.

The other thing that stood out was actually Isaac Humphries comments. I wouldn't be surprised if Humphries becomes a long term Boomer - he's got a great connection with Giddey now which is good for the Boomers if they're playing together.

Reply #867092 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 pm, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754