Anon
Years ago

New NBL jeseys

Nbl store instagram hinted saying What NBL jersey you repping this season?
and nz with their twitter? maybe a new logo for nz?

Topic #49303 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

What makes you say maybe a new logo?

Reply #873422 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

i feel nz logo is just plain

Reply #873433 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Breakers had a few things floating around with a new logo on them before last season, but that all quietly went away. Wouldn't be surprised if they had a re-brand ready to go but shelved it given the COVID situation.

Reply #873435 | Report this post

Spurs  
Years ago

yea the one on beanies was a good logo

Reply #873450 | Report this post

Andre  
Years ago

Jesus at least fix the title mate.....

Reply #873455 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

There was a hint that we would see jerseys in the next week on the Facebook NBL Store page.

Reply #873480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jerseys are being unveiled on Wednesday

Reply #873490 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NZ showed their new pink jersey on twitter

Reply #873701 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers pink jerseys aren't horrible imo, something different.

Reply #873703 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Anyone else get the feeling NZ get their style ideas from Miami Heat?

Not complaining - they do just about the best of any NBL club!

Reply #873705 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Agree KET, their "CITY" jersey's which first debuted the pink were completely styled on the Miami Heat's.
Probably sold well and had good feedback so have continued the theme.

Reply #873707 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't mind pink as a jersey colour but not sure why all the jerseys we're seeing have gone for dull, pastel tones rather than something more bright. The Jack Jumpers uniform is about as boring a stitch of clothing as I've seen in my life. Phoenix jersey looks like last years from the hints they've shown. There seems to be a lack of creative uniform designers in this country. Either that or the league is getting them done cheap, which they should really really stop because it lowers the professionalism of the league

Reply #873756 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The NBL has a template everyone has to follow, the issue isn't with the designers.

Reply #873760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Bullets new jerseys look pretty much the same as last season too. Boring

Reply #873773 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yeah not a fan of the JJs one

Reply #873776 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Unfortunately apparel is one of the few areas that hasn't really improved under LK.

Reply #873791 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Nothing wrong, inherently, with the jerseys looking the same as last year. You don't see NBA or AFL teams changing every season, it's bizarre that it seems to be an expectation in the NBL.

Reply #873795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New Zealand's jerseys are horrible. Like an extremely Aldi version of Miami.

Reply #873811 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Nothing wrong, inherently, with the jerseys looking the same as last year. You don't see NBA or AFL teams changing every season, it's bizarre that it seems to be an expectation in the NBL."

I am not sure that the other leagues attempt to hype up the "new" jerseys to the extent that the NBL does though.

"Unfortunately apparel is one of the few areas that hasn't really improved under LK."

Not sure about that. I think you might need to reflect on the uniforms in the years prior to LK and revisit that statement. First Ever, for as much as we may mock it, was a significant upgrade on ISC. Then I believe there was Mitchell and Ness. I think the uniforms, while not mindblowing and need work, are objectively better than the pre-LK era.

-

But anyway, after looking at all of the jerseys, the Adelaide 36ers one looks the best to me, followed by the Sydney Kings and Melbourne United. I think the stars on the side of the 36ers jersey is a great callback to the glory years. Sydney Kings have a nice boldness to them along with the pinstripes. I like the addition of blue for Melbourne. It just adds something that will look a bit striking on screen.

As for the rest, the Jack Jumpers look awful. It's a full pastel colour that looks like a warm up jersey. They've got such a great mascot and idea behind the team, so for them to go so bland is quite disappointing. The Hawks jersey is a significant downgrade as well... Black with a stripe down it. there used to be a cool background print going on but they've decided to go super minimalistic here. I don't see anyone copping that jersey if they have any of the previous ones. The Phoenix one looks indistinguishable to me from their previous one.

As for the "okay" ones, I like the idea for Perth to bring in some indigenous art in the trimming of the uniform. I think it is almost a little too subtle though. Some of the best jerseys we've seen in this league have been the indigenous round ones, so I feel like they could have safely leaned more into that. Cairns jersey is okay. Very similar to last years. I don't mind the Breaker's jersey too much, but again with the pastel tone colours?!?

Overall it's a mixed bag for the uniforms but for the first time in a long time, looks like Adelaide came out on top.

Reply #873885 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Way too many sponsors like every season. NBL need to look at the NBA and EuroLeague jersey's. They barely have any sponsors. Only their main one which is the most important.

Reply #874156 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's 2021 yet hideous black and white sponsor bars that don't blend in to the primary jersey colour are still a thing for a lot of clubs. Amateur hour.

Reply #874167 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Perthworld jersey's look much better when their main sponsors are on the right. The massive sponsors which are below in the middle of the jersey’s is too much and overboard. Perth Wildcats jersey’s were sick when they had less sponsors. Plantnet logo really wrecks the jersey.

I’m not a fan on United’s jersey’s either. They have 4 sponsors on their jersey’s. It’s too much, two is fine and put the other two sponsors on their away jersey’s. It isn’t that hard?

Reply #874171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK era only cares about his sponsors money?

Mitchell & Ness were good. Jersey were simple but they all liked clean and great to wear out. First Ever by LK was a joke. Very cheaply made. I only buy throwbacks jersey's. The old ISC basketball jersey’s which made the Sydney Kings, Perth Wildcats, Singapore Slingers and Gold Coast Blaze were all great jersey’s. The colours were simple but the Slingers and Blaze colour patterns were sick.

Reply #874173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL needs to stop being stubborn and stop boasting how good their jerseys are....

It's time for the NBL to sit down and think. They need to look at the jersey’s from the more professional leagues above them like the NBA and EuroLeague. NBL will never admit that the EuroLeague is better.

Would love to see Real Madrid smack a NBL team. Real Madrid are loaded with international talent. Been watching a few games. EuroLeague is more of an international league because of it’s destination.

Reply #874175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Euroleague is more international because of money. If they payed the same money in the Tongan league, players would flock there.

Reply #874176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

meh. Real Madrid are 0-1 against the Wildcats

Reply #874178 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Would love to see the NBL go up against the EuroLeague. There's definitely more money in Europe. That’s the big difference. A lot of the euro players would prefer playing in Australia rather then playing in Russia, Turkey etc.

Would love if my team United could verse Reyer Venezia. Just travel is so far for just a game of basketball.

Reply #874180 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Would love to see the NBL go up against the EuroLeague. There's definitely more money in Europe. That’s the big difference. A lot of the euro players would prefer playing in Australia rather then playing in Russia, Turkey etc.

Would love if my team United could verse Reyer Venezia. Just travel is so far for just a game of basketball.

Reply #874181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top euro league teams have budgets between 45 and 80 million euro, as Bogut said on his last pod, it's a tough competition as you have to continue winning where as nba they can coast a bit till March then turn it on.

Reply #874182 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

That's true in Europe. Lot more pressure there because there is a major difference in winning and losing. It’s more of a business but professionally anyway is hard enough.

I can’t see the NBL budgets going up unless they try and expand more fans from overseas like there doing with Kai Soto and the other 2 Chinese nationals. Would like if NBL could include their SRP rule to include all countries that play in Fiba Asia.

For example Qatar, Jordan, Iran who play in west Asia. If there good enough to play in the NBL, attract more fans, plus money then why not?

Reply #874184 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Always hate the bumpersticker look - why is it so necessary? Does it add sponsorship value opposed to something that would look less "out there" but inherently nicer?

Other gripe is why so many clubs have white away singlets. Could those that may clash simply use white as a "clash" singlet?

There's no reason to "change a good thing", unless of course, the design is no good.

Adelaide - Looks good, walker sponsor logo is oddly small, should be a little bit bigger to look less impotent. Would love a red away top with white as clash.

Illawarra - They downgraded the look; Should have their away jersey as red; white as clash.

Cairns - Jersey is fine, do they even need to bother with a white one away top?

Bullets - Jerseys are fine - bumper sticker sponsor is annoying

Melb Utd - Happy days, sponsors everywhere $$$ - I like the royal blue addition

Mia....NZ - Noice - Interesting colour addition

Wildcats - Eh, not flash, not bad

Phoenix - Similar to last time, looks good; wish they'd go light green away top and white for clash.

Sydney - Looks good, would rather the away top be yellow; please bring back heritage jersey with the actual Kings logo on it for some games

Tassie - Pretty average

Reply #874386 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sydney - Looks good, would rather the away top be yellow; please bring back heritage jersey with the actual Kings logo on it for some games

Sadly it won't be coming back in any capacity as the Opera House Foundation wants a $150K/year licencing fee from the club for the use of it.

Reply #874390 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I thought they backed down?

Reply #874391 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, Kings are still using their old logo everywhere else.

Other gripe is why so many clubs have white away singlets. Could those that may clash simply use white as a "clash" singlet?
They did that a few years ago and a lot of people complained because they couldn't tell the difference between New Zealand's sky blue/baby blue away strip and Adelaide's cobalt blue home strip. So now we're back to everyone having a white away jersey.

Illawarra going with red and black for both their jerseys, and Perth opting for a black away jersey, thus guaranteeing a colour clash between those two teams, didn't help matters.

Reply #874393 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yeah, Kings are still using their old logo everywhere else.

Well that's good news.

Reply #874397 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

KR, yeah that's really what the white clash would be for.

I think Cairns and Perth should wear their home colour at any away game where they don’t clash with the other team - ie each other or Hawks.

I don’t see where Perth or Cairns would clash with 36ers, Brisbane, SEM, Melbourne, Tasmania, Sydney, NZ for example.

Reply #874411 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So if there is no licensing issue why would the Kings remove such an iconic logo from their jersey yet keep using it on everything else? Is there a reason for this or are the Kings organisation that inept? Their new jersey with the block letters is horrible.

Reply #874428 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Perth should bring this back https://images.app.goo.gl/YALhBSGekEr4jC7C6

Reply #874429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754