Blitz: 36ers v Bullets

Who you got?

And what is the deal with the Blitz Ladder? It still says the 36ers have only played 3 games, and the NBL is promoting that, but I'm fairly sure I've seen them play 4 times (Perth, Cairns, Tasmania, Perth). Was one game unofficial?

Topic #49482 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #877525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Launceston games were not part of the Blitz

Reply #877528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee playing first game back, rust has set in. Both sides resting players.

Reply #877541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide win prese

Reply #877542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide win preseason tournament. Johnson, mccaron on at the end did the trick, Brisbane had bench guys.

Reply #877543 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Forgettable final Blitz game. Looked like a lot of tired legs and disinterested faces. Nic Marshall the bright spot for Sixers with really solid play on both ends and 12 rebounds to boot! Still, well done to the team for winning the Loggins-Bruton cup! A good step in the right direction after 3 seasons of turmoil.

Reply #877545 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Beantown, I thought that too. McCarron has been used lots this whole tournament and looked pretty tired. Both teams looked tired.

The Blitz just went far too long for me.

Reply #877548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love reading the comments downplaying every win. At full strength Sixers are gonna be a handful for any team. As usual the keyboard warrior who frequent this site have underestimated their roster and potential due to typical JVG hate and anti-Sixer bullshit. Season hasn't started ofcourse, but that doesn't matter, you get a good look at the quality the Sixers have from this Blitz and it's shown already. Easily the most balanced team.

Reply #877555 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sixers have beaten two teams slated for the bottom of the table and a Wildcats team that have spent a week with their head coach and you're prepping the trophy cabinet lol

Reply #877558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro, they rested players as well, just like other teams. Can only play who is infront of you. I remember when I watched my first basketball game too buddy.

Reply #877561 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

These overly optimistic posts in the various Sixers Blitz games are clearly from shills, like the subtly named 'just a fan'. Just ignore them.

Anyone that's been around the block a few times knows the good teams often 'tank' games by resting their top players for the real games ahead and the crap teams go hard to try and drum up interest from their fans for the season ahead. Look at how much we've been playing DJ in what are meaningless exhibition games.

Reply #877562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one cares what anyone on this rubbish site says. Just adding to the utter shite that is on this website.

Reply #877567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM v United was a top game.

The only thing certain this season is Cairns are still rubbish except two or three players, JJs think they are good but will rely on to few to win many and the rest are in with a chance.

Reply #877569 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I still think the Sixers are playoffs material.

I am not saying they win it all but the signs to date are promising.

Our imports are good. When was the last time we said that at this juncture?

McCarron is a big improvement.

King would be one of the best bench guards around.

Reply #877572 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

When was the last time we said that at this juncture?

Remember when Jarrid Frye was the best player at the Blitz and then got cut mid-season?

New imports unlike locals have the distinct advantage of not having been seen before thus not scouted properly yet. Not much can be read into the form good or bad so far with any new imports, wait until the real games start.

King would be one of the best bench guards around.

Then how come Cairns the worst team in the league last season weren't playing him much?

Reply #877574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches make players, more than often given a chance players can do ok, other coaches just them on the bench.

Reply #877575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im just laughing at how Dellevedova thinks he will ever see another NBA game minute.

He is not even an upgrade on McCarron. The fact this dude made the NBA was off pure chance and playing a role within a team that had all the pieces for a championship run already.

Shaking my head at why Melbourne overpaid him just to have his name on paper. Maybe they felt they had too after missing Bogut, but this dude ain't 1/10th of the player Bogut was, even now Bogut would still be more valuable.

Reply #877576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly will be a good marketing tool for United, but people certainly have to pump the brakes on expectations. Can easily see him averaging 8 & 7. A downgrade on Macca but at least they'll have a solid vet marshalling the troops still.

Reply #877578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Against Hawks - 7/4/6 on 2/7 shooting.

Against SEM - 2/5/9 on 1/7 shooting.

Against Sydney - 5/3 and 4 PF in 11 mins.

Against Breakers - 8/5/6 and 7 turnovers.

Yep. Straight garbage.

Reply #877579 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Our imports are good. When was the last time we said that at this juncture?"

We say that most years and then blah.

Looking good in the preseason is easy. But then what happens when teams show what they've been holding close to their chest? What happens when we see 30mins of cotton instead of 20mins?

People say. “We have had people out too” or “we have been underplaying players too”, but they don’t necessarily equate.

I think there is a reasonable fear that Hannahs for instance will struggle with the added physicality/limited space to shoot. I’m not sure he has the physical aspect to create space for himself in the NBL. I hope I’m wrong on that - but NBL proper shows where players struggle from a physical aspect where they didn’t in preseason against DPs and lacklustre effort by stars.

Reply #877580 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Zodiac glad I live rent free in your head, however this type of comment doesn't come as a surprise considering ur obsessive hate towards the team. I’m just a fan- no pun intended, of the 6ers and cannot understand ur hate towards the team....makes me think it’s personal.

But getting to ur point, I did not comment on any preseason games regarding the 6ers besides saying Dusty is legit as I’m "waiting for the real games" to start. I may of spoken in the off-season as a passionate fan and optimistic, unlike urself who continually speaks negative about the team, I think the off-season moves where a big upgrade and improvement on last year roster, but the proof will be in the pudding when WE go support OUR team. U seem to know ur basketball so why don’t u put all that energy in something else that’s not hating the team u claim to support.

Reply #877586 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" makes me think it's personal... unlike urself who continually speaks negative about the team"

Extreme conclusion through faulty reasoning, are you a conspiracy theorist?

Just to point out, there are 10 teams in the league, not every team can win every game and not every team will make the finals, not every team will win the championship.

You’re confusing being realistic, pragmatic and honest with some nefarious negativity.

For all the change, Perth still have the MVP, Sydney are stacked, NZ are stacked, Hawks have an even better side than last year and Goorj that never missed the finals, SEM are even stronger than last year. Brisbane still have Patterson who may actually be fit from the start this time and Sobey that has come off an Olympics.

So, if you live outside a “world revolves around 36ers, how can they possibly not be good”, there are at least 4,5, probably 6 teams with better arguments for greater prospects.

Logue, Santamaria and most others have Adelaide around that ~7 mark. That’s a pretty realistic power ranking or prediction.

I don’t think anyone 1-8 are far off each other, it’s a very close league. I genuinely think if Adelaide had a decent defensive PF/C import as an addition, they’d be making a push for top 4. I suspect any adjustment import will end up coming in too late - quarantine may even have to happen for any international coming in with this latest variant doing the rounds. Some say you can’t just score a good defensive big this time of year, fair enough, but ultimately it does make it hard for 36ers to push up against some very stacked teams.

Reply #877589 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

At one point, commentator said McCarron might do leagues most assists.
Thats pretty handy to have him, here.
Withers coming good. Gotta feeling he even dunked on Liu, who mite be 7ft 4in

Reply #877599 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

"Extreme conclusion through faulty reasoning, are you a conspiracy theorist?"

Ket show me where I have said Adelaide will make top 4? I hope we do as a fan but it's gonna be very close this season, so why did you come to the conclusion that I assume that?

As I wrote “the proof will be in the pudding” as a fan of the 6ers and the nbl, like you said there are 10 teams, however, I have spoken about how I like the 6ers off-season moves, which isn’t unreasonable considering we are on a nbl forum right?

I stand by my point thinking it’s personal when all someone does is bag a team and the people running it (which I understand u may not agree with the basketball and business decision) but when it gets personal as it has in the past, this is my thought process. The nbl circles are small, so him/her having a “personal” connection good or bad with the club is a reasonable statement, who knows maybe I’m connected to a club in the nbl, but who knows must be the “conspiracy theorist“ coming out of me.

Reply #877602 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Ket show me where I have said Adelaide will make top 4?... so why did you come to the conclusion that I assume that? "

I mean, I didn't come to that conclusion and I didn’t say that. Show me where you think I said that?

Not going to lie, this doesn’t bode well for the rest of your post, looks like you’re trying to read things that simply don’t exist.

“ which isn’t unreasonable considering we are on a nbl forum right? ”

What’s your gripe here exactly? Someone counters your post and you don’t like it? You’ve criticised Zodiac and that’s fine but criticising you is out of bounds?

I think that goes straight into the “take your own advice” pile.

“ I stand by my point thinking it’s personal when all someone does is bag a team and the people running it”

No, you’re being conspiratorial.

Zodiacs views don’t differ in any substantial way from the neutral likes of Santamaria, Logue, and they don’t from 36ers fans like myself, and probably not overly different from those that don’t like Adelaide.

Nothing personal there, I think you’re attaching anything negative as being personal. Last year there were people that thought I hated the 36ers for predicting them to finish where they did end up finishing. Some people just react like that because they don’t like what they hear.

Is that you? Perhaps overreacting a little?

Reply #877605 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

KET isn't posting anything hateful or bagging the team, he just doesn't share your level of optimism.
The Sixers have made some good moves retaining IH and getting Mitch McCarron yes but they also have a first year head Coach and the whole league has got better apart from Cairns.

Reply #877608 | Report this post

Sixers1  
Years ago

Mystro how is Brisbane and United better?

Reply #877611 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Patterson isn't as round as he was last season although they have lost Law and sulky old Hodgson and that's a fair enough call re: Melbourne.

Reply #877613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane is better than Cairns and Jacks right now, and that's it.

Reply #877619 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Well Ket tbh it's 2 people with 2 different opinions so I respect whatever u believe. I could be wrong but in the past you have said that you have had lots of experience around basketball in SA, and for the most part I agree with some of ur calls.

The part about overreacting could be perceived as an "overreaction" from the comment zodiac made, not you. I am a passionate fan (as u probably could tell) but When comments are made about people which they have in the past, that’s when I don’t agree. In terms of basketball, it’s each person’s individual opinion and bias, which is fine, everyone will always have different thoughts. Hope that settles the water

Reply #877620 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Can't different people have different opinions without accusations of hate or living rent free?

Zodiac has a different opinion than I do, I have my rationale Zodiac has Zodiac's.

I think this team has the horses to make a big run, but I have also been around long enough to have seen big potential squandered.

Reply #877643 | Report this post

4 real  
Years ago

Dis da internetz! Serial business!

Reply #877653 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754